This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Japanese Ultimate Bumblebee to be die cast!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Japanese Ultimate Bumblebee to be die cast!

Postby harley quinn » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:18 am

Here is the original post.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=154705

It seems like Japan is starting to do the right thing again!
harley quinn
Micromaster

Postby Dagon » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:44 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
No way. For as big as that thing is, no way they could make it out of metal. I'd love to see one regardless.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Skowl » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Front paged and credited!

Phew... busy news day...

I need some ice tea...
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Dark Ops » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:11 pm

Motto: "Learn from the past, but don't get lost in it."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I'll probably draw the wrath of quite a few purists, but being born in '80, I think I have a little bit of weight when I ask: What is the big deal about die-cast? I've always preferred plastics for the lightness and ability to hold a color, as opposed to joint-tasking weight and the chipping issues. Besides, plastics seem to have really improved since the original TFs.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason for the near-mystical status of die-cast?
Dark Ops
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Sherade » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:16 pm

Man, America always gets the cigarettes butt when it comes to die-cast.
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander

Postby Dagon » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:20 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Old schooler as well, guilty as charged. I like die-cast parts at least on my toys, but it's not like I'm angry when toys are all plastic. It's really just another opinion thing: the Cybertron toys for instance would have suffered for having die cast parts, but G1s would have suffered really without the metal. Look at some of the post-movie figures like Blurr: crummy. I like the metal parts, but can do without them.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Wow, a BT/Masterpiece with sound. Who DIDN'T see this?

Bleah, not sure I;m impressed with this BB though.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Alex Kingdom » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:33 pm

If it wasn't a movie character I'd be all over this, as it is I'm a little interested but not enough to shell out for it.

Yours AK
Alex Kingdom
Banned
News Credits: 1093

Postby DevastaTTor » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:34 pm

Wow, he's going to be more than a little heavy then. He'll be the Ultimate Sumo BB.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby mattyc1007 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
what about the doors on strings they goona be on steel rope

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:56 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Dark Ops wrote:I'll probably draw the wrath of quite a few purists, but being born in '80, I think I have a little bit of weight when I ask: What is the big deal about die-cast? I've always preferred plastics for the lightness and ability to hold a color, as opposed to joint-tasking weight and the chipping issues. Besides, plastics seem to have really improved since the original TFs.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason for the near-mystical status of die-cast?

The reason so many purists demand Die-Cast is because it ties the new to the old in a way. It's a piece of nostalgia ("They don't make 'em like that anymore!") and it brings back memories.

That's why there's a near-mythical status for D-C.

It's understandable, but it's not my cup of tea. I look at all of my collection pieces and then hold 20th. DVD Prime in my hands and then my sight and touch senses kick in and I see the major difference, and I don't get it either. I get the emotional attachment, I get the whole "Oooh, aaah!!" thing...but logically, it makes no sense to build something partially out of D-C. It really doesn't.

It's not cost effective.
It's heavier to ship.
It's easier to chip and lose it luster, where plastic won't. (well it can, but you know what I mean)

To me, a true Masterpiece line would be made of a full plastic construction. Although, the D-C pieces on Megatron and Starscream are required for the contruction...that level of metal content, I'd be fine with.

Part of the reason I don't tinker with DVD Prime all that much is his over simplified look, his lumbering size, his metal enhanced heft. Don't get me wrong, he's an essential piece to anyone's collection, but he has his flaws and the metal is one of the biggest thorns in my side over all of it.

I compared DVD Prime (the mold) to Movie Leader Class (the mold) and you can see the differences between the two figures. LCP is lighter. LCP can have paint chipping, but nowhere near as bad as DVD. LCP has more detailing because plastic can handle it better. (Don't get me wrong, the D-C on DVD is detailed, even has battle damage marks on his legs, but D-C just can't capture all the minute details like plastic does. At least not in my experience.)

LCP is leaps and bounds better as a toy/collectible than DVD. With that said, DVD still has it's merits like all of the Masterpiece figures do.

I think if they spent less money on the metal, and more on the design (like the 6 inch Convoy (w/ trailer) super detailed figure. I can't think of the line's name...) then I'd be hard pressed to decide between a Masterpiece figure and the current movie line figures.

...but that's not what we got.

So don't feel bad, another 1980'er feels the same way you do.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Agent 007 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:28 pm

as if it wasen't heavy enough before
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt

Postby Starscream » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:11 pm

Yeah freakin' right, I bought into this for Leader Class optimus and I just ended up getting screwed!!!!
Starscream
Targetmaster
News Credits: 16
Watch Starscream on YouTube
Buy from Starscream on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Bumblethumper » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:04 pm

You know I feel kind of cheated. Back when I bought Ultimate Bumblebee (sight unseen from Argos) I assumed it would have some die-cast. In the pictures it looked like die-cast. The plastic they went with instead doesn't look so great.

Die-cast would make this 10x as desirable, and that has nothing to do with nostalgia.
Bumblethumper
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Zeds » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:34 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Again as I have said before. I wish I was Japanese. They get all the good stuff!
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby i_amtrunks » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:53 pm

That will be one heavy Bumblebee...

I'm not sure it's a great idea, the worst part of the titanium line was that it was fairly obvious which parts of the toy were made from which material. Kinda detracts from the look of the figure.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:00 pm

He's still not the kinda toy I'd buy.

If he were diecast here he'd be even more expensive.

I liek Die cast because of the weight mostly.

And 20th Prime has flaws? I like the use of Diecast on him ... well, different strokes, right?
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby omegaprimussupermode » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:12 pm

interesting. highly doubt it
omegaprimussupermode
Micromaster

Postby dragons » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:53 pm

if they would change the apperance in robot mode interchangeable hands to gun mode, battle mask, and make his chest propper looking like the deluxe version 08 bunblebee then maybe just maybe i will buy that figure but i doubt that they would make that many changes to figure like that.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby mpchi » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:35 pm

Don't think I'll buy it either. Not unless they have some major changes on the sculpt and articulation. But that won't be Ultimate Bumblebee anymore. Since it has diecast, and in Japan, it won't be cheap for sure, and can easily get to the US$150 mark shipped. I would rather spend that money on some real SOC (Soul of Chogokin) diecast toys instead, :grin: which there are plenty of cool ones coming up in a few months.

But while I dislike Ultimate BB, its nice to see that the Japanese version might get improved, for others that find it desirable.
mpchi
Fuzor

Postby Sid Burn » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:10 pm

Motto: "Feel the burn as I melt you down for scrap!"
Weapon: Fusion Reaction-Powered Blowtorch Blasters
Have to see what the changes are before I commit.
I wasnt going to pick up UltBB until he went on sale anyway.

Being all yellow, I hope the diecast doesnt stick out like sore thumb.
Sid Burn
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Xgamer » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:42 pm

This saddens me... why cant any toy store around me have women that look like that??? :sad:

Sorry.... couldnt resist.
Xgamer
Combiner

Postby 80sgeek » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:24 am

Don't believe the source. We were told that the Japanese movie Prime would have die-cast in him too, but he didn't. I don't think the info is being translated correctly.
80sgeek
Micromaster

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:48 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I think it'll take more than metal to save that figure.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Stormrider » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:20 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I don't think die-cast can make up for a lousey mold.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PB JUNIOR Transformers BotBots Series 2 Lost Bots peanut butter jelly sandwich"
PB JUNIOR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LUNCHADOR Transformers BotBots Series 4 Los Deliciosos Hasbro 2020 tamale"
LUNCHADOR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROFESSOR SCOPE Transformers BotBots Series 5 Science Alliance telescope 2020"
PROFESSOR SCOPE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RANGER LAMPTON Transformers BotBots Series 4 Wilderness Troop Hasbro 2020"
RANGER LAMPTON Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STICKY MCGEE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Backpack Bunch 2018 tape dispenser"
STICKY MCGEE Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 4 SHATTER Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New"
Series 4 SHATTER T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BROCK HEAD Transformers BotBots Series 2 Greaser Gang 2019 broccoli veggie pizza"
BROCK HEAD Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RECI P COOKER Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Bakery Bytes cookbook 2019"
RECI P COOKER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2014 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOOB TOOB Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro tv television"
GOOB TOOB Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HAWT DIGGITY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang 2018 Hasbro"
HAWT DIGGITY Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAJOR LEE SCREWGE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Shed Heads 2018 power drill"
MAJOR LEE SCREWGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOTARAZZI Transformers BotBots Con Crew Meet N Greets camera 2019"
BOTARAZZI Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON