This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers DVD - 8.3 Million copies sold!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers DVD - 8.3 Million copies sold!

Postby Bed Bugs » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:57 am

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
According to the <a href="http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/home_entertainment/news/e3i749b0ca3471b8cfeadcb9b3825a9a75f" target="_blank">Hollywood Reporter</a>, Transformers has blown away the competition this year with the highest number of DVD's sold for any movie during the first week of release! Even more surprising, over half copies were sold on the first day!

Currently, Transformers holds the 2007 record for:
Most DVD's sold overall for the first week - 8.3 Million
Most DVD's sold on release date - 4.5 Million
Most HD-DVD's sold on release date - 100,000
Most HD-DVD's sold overall for the first week - 190,000
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby darkqueen01 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:24 am

Yeah!!! I knew I got up early on Tuesday for a reason!
The following message brought to you by Skeletor...
darkqueen01
Combiner

Postby Collector Maximus » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:30 am

Pretty cool! I was waiting for someone to post the results.
I got mine at Wal Mart, a little after Midnight, on the first day of release.

Seibertron's #1 Cure fan!
Collector Maximus
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Cascadia » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:53 am

Motto: "If you feel my lightning, you will never hear the thunder."
4.5 million on the first DAY. Over 8 million in the first week
Cascadia
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:55 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I know there's more to it, but if you just go with a roundabout figure...

The DVD sales (around the $20.00 mark) $166,000,000.00
The HD-DVD sales (around the $30.00 mark) $5,700,000.00

A grand total of $171700000.00

Which would bring the overall total to being a little over $871700000.00

We're so close to the billion mark, it's not funny. Plus it hasn't even been released in all of the world markets yet. Once those figures come in, we could easily go over a billion here.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby thehmphone » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:55 am

GO TRANSFORMERS! GO!!!
thehmphone
Mini-Con

Postby Cascadia » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:59 am

Motto: "If you feel my lightning, you will never hear the thunder."
The DVD is still selling like hot cakes in my area.
Cascadia
Headmaster

Postby SnipeShade » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:02 am

:APPLAUSE: And I contributed to that monster of a statistic. YEY! I'm amazed that Im actually part of a fandom of something that is that popular. :HALUC:

But yea, I can believe those numbers. When I go to stores, and I check the transformer dvd sections (or any other tf inhabited section) it looks like a geeky tornado came thru and raped the shelves. xD
SnipeShade
Combiner

Postby TheKnightShift » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:13 am

This bodes very well for the box-office potential of Transformers 2.

Look at how well Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest did over its predecessor. No doubt because a lot of folks who didn't see the first Pirates movie in the theaters but instead waited to catch it on DVD, wanted to see the second one during its initial theatrical run. Dead Man's Chest wound up having one of the biggest opening weekends in Hollywood history.

I've a cousin who just saw Transformers for the first time this past weekend. His sister got married on Saturday and she gave his son - who was the ringbearer - a copy of the Transformers DVD as a gift at the rehearsal dinner. Well after the wedding my cousin watched it and was blown away. He seriously can't wait to see the sequel when it comes out in theaters.

Don't be surprised if Transformers 2 winds up making the top 10 all-time earning movies, in large part because of the DVD :D
TheKnightShift
Minibot
News Credits: 9

Postby Leonardo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:15 am

How much of this figure is due to the fact that there are numerous different versions?
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Bed Bugs » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:20 am

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
That's what I am wondering. I know for a fact that several other members bought multiple copies (and I know another guy in WI who has bought every version himself to get all the exclusives).
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Deceptiwho? » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:23 am

Thats how the Transfans get down!! Picture us rollin!! ;)^
Deceptiwho?
Transmetal Warrior

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:56 am

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I'm glad I didn't wait to get into wal-mart the next day... :)
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:28 am

Yay...now 8 million people will know Brawl as his code name, where as if they finally decide to make a construction vehicle combiner in a sequel, he's either going to be Brawl resurrected, or will not be called Devastator.

Yeah, that'd be almost like having to call Nightcrawler in X2 something else because they had already used the name to replace Shadowcat's name. 'Cause the director thought it was cooler....
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Postby opjet » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:46 am

more stress for tf2 writers don't
**** tf2 up
we want a good no better follow up
take ya time plotting and planning the next movie
anybody agree with me
opjet
Micromaster

Postby GetterDragun » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:16 am

My copy says Devestator and not Brawl.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby mblase » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:22 am

Although since none of the other summer blockbusters have been released yet, this number is relatively meaningless.
mblase

Postby Kayevcee » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:05 am

I wish I had enough money to call $170,000,000 meaningless ;)

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon

Postby dragons » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:29 am

glad i decided to go out and get the dvdv on opening day transformers tin cases are all sold out where i live but i find that to be odd i dont have alot of transformer fans here as you guys over there do.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Ultra Magnus » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:30 am

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
I guess I don't understand why this DVD was released so soon; Spider-Man 3 came out almost 2 months prior, as did Pirates, and Transformers comes FIRST??? I wonder who got shot or fired or lost a bet(or something similar) in the biz to make this happen. Either way, I've been watching MY copy of Transformers EVERY DAY since I got it. My MOM even wants the Transforming case for herself! I'll probably buy a couple more versions of the DVD; I have no less thn 5 different versions of the Star Wars Trilogy, this is the same thing. The more money this movie franchise makes, the better for all of us. So I'll support it, no problem.

Let us enjoy the ride, my friends.
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby guarayakha » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:50 am

Great, but that means another bunch more weird exclusives for TF2 DVD/HDDVD the next time around.
guarayakha
Targetmaster

Postby 80sgeek » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:53 am

Fender Bender wrote:That's what I am wondering. I know for a fact that several other members bought multiple copies (and I know another guy in WI who has bought every version himself to get all the exclusives).

People thought I was weird for having 3 versions: Walmart, Target & Best Buy (wasn't planning on getting that one, got it as a gift). Wonder what they would say about your friend. Is it a Wisconsin thing we need to get more then 1 version?

GetterDragun wrote:My copy says Devestator and not Brawl.

I think all copies say that. I don't have an HD player so I can't say if they changed it in the HD version. You would think that they would have been able to change that error with the DVD. But guess we'll have to wait and see for the Collector's Edition that my friends and I think will be coming out just before Christmas.
80sgeek
Micromaster

Postby leday » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:59 am

Ultra Magnus wrote:I guess I don't understand why this DVD was released so soon;

I would hazard a guess and say "Hasbro's Christmas toy sales tie-in" here...

Just a thought....

Still...I'm very glad it came out so soon and VERY happy with my already-watched-multiple-times copy!
leday
Mini-Con

Postby First-Aid » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:32 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Leonardo wrote:How much of this figure is due to the fact that there are numerous different versions?

Interesting question, but not many people are like us fans buying more than one copy. The best way to measure that would be to look at Star Wars and its various releases. Don't have the number myself, but someone maybe does.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:46 am

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
AWESOME! Glad to know my 2 purchases helped out, at least technically. I had pre-ordered it from Target.com, but when it came it was the plain 2-disc, not the transforming case version. I bought that one at Target the same day, and instead of returing the plain one I donated it to overseas troops. So it still counts as a sale, yay TF!

And if I can keep it from my wife I might buy the Best Buy version for the Robot Heroes figs if it's still available...
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARANTULAS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Predacon Spider Hasbro 2022 New"
TARANTULAS Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON