This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today!

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:33 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Just a friendly reminder to go to your local comic book store and pick up these two compelling Transformers tales!

<i>AUG073740 TRANSFORMERS DEVASTATION #2 $3.99
JUL073630 TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON ORIGIN #4 $3.99</i>

They are sure to be all the buzz in the <a href="/forums/viewforum.php?f=23">Comics and Cartoons Forum</a>!

This would also be a great place to start a discussion on them, so expect spoilers when people start grabbing the issues.

Be sure to add your thoughts <a href="/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9777&sid=">here</a> in the <b>IDW-Transformers Universe Theories Thread</b>.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Doctor Reggae » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:38 am

Motto: ""No matter where you go, there you are.""
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Reading them as I eat my lunch at work...so far, so good...
I'm selling a bunch of Transformers stuff, from G1 through to Cybertron--contact me if you're interested in seeing if I have a figure you want, and we'll go from there!
Doctor Reggae
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from Doctor Reggae on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5

Postby bookofjunon » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:54 am

Just finished reading both.

Megatron Origins is good.

Devastation I am sorry to say, blows chunks at the moon. When is this regular series going to get good.

I mean they ruined Sunstreaker. Furman's work just seems to get worse with each issue.

Don't even get me started on the art. Don and Josh should be doing the art. E.J.'s art stinks. And that horrible colourist they have Zac, holy crap he stinks. His colours are all way off, off tone and just make EJ's work look worse.

EJ's art could be improved tenfold with a better colourist as can be plainly seen by the un-coloured pages IDW has shown us.
bookofjunon
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Doctor Reggae » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:19 am

Motto: ""No matter where you go, there you are.""
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Just finished them both too...

Devastation #2, I thought, was pretty good throughout. Good flow to the story, subplots are continuing (specifically, with Ratchet, Verity, and Jimmy; Dante of the Machination; Hunter and Sunstreaker; the fate of Ark-19; Starscream; Wheeljack and Hot Rod vs. the Sunstreakers), and Furman's scripting remains tight.

Megatron Origin #4--I've enjoyed the series overall, but there's so much going on art-wise that it takes me 2-3 reads to pick up everything I need. That's not a knock on Alex Milne's art (his take on Sentinel Prime in the Apex Armor looks sweet, like bad-ass Gundam), but there's so much in each panel that it gets tricky to follow sometimes.

The coloring in Megatron Origin was somewhat spotty...especially during the battle between Sentinel and Megs. IDW had two colorists working on the issue, and you can tell where they switched off on pages. 21-22 especially have a huge jump in the color palette.
I'm selling a bunch of Transformers stuff, from G1 through to Cybertron--contact me if you're interested in seeing if I have a figure you want, and we'll go from there!
Doctor Reggae
Combiner
Buy from Doctor Reggae on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:20 am

*ye be warned of spoilers*

Megatron: Origins was a great conclusion to the story. Megatron and Starscream working together is crazy, and the showdown with Sentinel Prime was worth the wait. Thundercracker's moment of hesitation was good too. Ratbat's fate was... interesting.

However, it was somewhat hard to follow at points. Soundwave just appears in the Senate Chamber with no indication he was in the room the entire time. At one point Ratbat is speaking, but since his dialogue is coming through an open door, it looks like Ravage is the one talking. And the big final fight is a little hard to follow because of small panels.

I thought Devastation was great. I don't care for the purple on Hot Rod, but I guess it is an homage to his look in the old comics. I also had trouble believing they could pull off that maneuver with the Ark. The difference in design between the Headmaster heads and Sunstreaker's original head is really cool - especially the believable transformation involved. I would still have preferred that Hunter wind up bonded to Nightbeat, but I guess Sunstreaker and Hunter make a more entertaining odd-couple.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:37 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Things I know:

1. If Sunstreaker is beaten down enough that he asks to be killed...**** is serious.

2. When Sunstreaker gets out of this jam. Things are going to die ala Butch in Pulp Fiction.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Arrgghhh... Must go home to read these now....

I am off!!!!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:28 pm

I somewhat fear going into the IDW Discussion thread now, so many spoilers...
Who am I kidding, I'll read them all, and I'll get my comics tonight or tomorrow!
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Sunstar » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:52 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I like spoilers. :grin:
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Briggs » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:40 pm

That headmaster thing totally caught me by suprised, i enjoyed it.

I like seeing hot rod and wheeljack working together. Different personalities, etc, except when hotrod mentioned their similarity of course.
Briggs
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Dr Buffalo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:13 pm

The pleasant surprise for me was seeing a Mosaics peice in the back of the book. Makes me eager to write one on the off chance it might get published.
Dr Buffalo
Fuzor

Postby Leonardo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:58 am

I have a question. Isn't Ramjet supposed to have landed on Earth by now, given his appearance in the Avengers crossover?
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Ddave » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:04 am

Leonardo wrote:I have a question. Isn't Ramjet supposed to have landed on Earth by now, given his appearance in the Avengers crossover?

I thought they had nothing to do with IDW's G1-verse at all?

Also, fantastic issues. Dev 2# was awesome.

My heart even skipped a beat when I saw what they had done to sunstreaker. Man, I need more!
Ddave
Micromaster

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:29 am

I can see what people were saying about Megatron #4... Many unclear parts. The Apex armor was cool, but if it was so easily beaten one wonders...why use it?

Starscream was awesome, Thundercracker, Soundwave... I found it funny that Starscream said what he said to Megatron about the arm cannon.

Devastation #2 was cool. How the heck is Ratchet going to do anything against Sixshot? And Poor Sunstreaker and Hunter. It was certainly very interesting to see the headmaster gimmick, and a new way for them to transform. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Leonardo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:32 am

Ddave wrote:I thought they had nothing to do with IDW's G1-verse at all?

I thought the crossover was supposed to fit in between Infiltration and Escalation (or Escalation and Devastation).
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby bookofjunon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:25 am

What I want to know is, in Megatron Origins #4 when Starscream is being tried, where the hell did Soundwave come from. He's not in the panels before and then WHAMO, there he is in a panel.
bookofjunon
Minibot

Postby God Magnus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:45 am

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
bookofjunon wrote:What I want to know is, in Megatron Origins #4 when Starscream is being tried, where the hell did Soundwave come from. He's not in the panels before and then WHAMO, there he is in a panel.

He's the security guy standing off to the side in the previous pannel.
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
God Magnus
Godmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby bookofjunon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:35 am

God Magnus wrote:
bookofjunon wrote:What I want to know is, in Megatron Origins #4 when Starscream is being tried, where the hell did Soundwave come from. He's not in the panels before and then WHAMO, there he is in a panel.

Thanks, I was wondering where he suddenly came from.
bookofjunon
Minibot

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:10 am

God Magnus wrote:

I still don't see him...
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Sloptank » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:37 am

Anybody notice the headline on the newspaper held by the guy in the housecoat in Devastation? Neat little cross-series pop.
Sloptank
Minibot

Postby AxiomScion » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:50 am

Caelus wrote:
God Magnus wrote:

I still don't see him...
you sure that's not Straxus with big glowy axe in panel 4?
AxiomScion
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Moonbase2 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:03 pm

Sloptank wrote:Anybody notice the headline on the newspaper held by the guy in the housecoat in Devastation? Neat little cross-series pop.

Yeah, as well as the Bumblebee flying through the air. Did anyone else notice Botcon Bld or whatever? lol

And Devastation #2 was absolutely delicious.
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby bookofjunon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:16 am

AxiomScion wrote:
Caelus wrote:
God Magnus wrote:

I still don't see him...

Soundwave is not in the panels before at all. The sudden appearance is just ridiculous. It makes no sense.
bookofjunon
Minibot

Postby God Magnus » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:52 am

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
bookofjunon wrote:
AxiomScion wrote:
Caelus wrote:
God Magnus wrote:

I still don't see him...

Soundwave is not in the panels before at all. The sudden appearance is just ridiculous. It makes no sense.

Regardless of whom it's supposed to be, my brain will translate that guy into Soundwave so it does make sense. Or maybe Starscream just had Soundwave in his pocket.
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
God Magnus
Godmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby partholon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:33 am

Counterpunch wrote:Things I know:

1. If Sunstreaker is beaten down enough that he asks to be killed...**** is serious.

2. When Sunstreaker gets out of this jam. Things are going to die ala Butch in Pulp Fiction.

now thats what im looking forward to. i reckon all this is prologue for sunstreaker to have him deliver one massive smackdown. the guy came off as arrogant and egotistical in escalation but thanks to what the machinations inflicted were gonna see psycho in the payback dept soon and i for one am looking forward to it :grin: :grin:
partholon
Headmaster Jr

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLITZWING Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 91 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
BLITZWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME PEN Transformers Energon Stylus Hasbro 2004 230427A"
OPTIMUS PRIME PEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bumblebee 40 ADHESIVE BANDAGES lot w/ 2 packs of 20 Aso Hasbro New"
Transformers Bumbl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKE BUMBLEBEE Transformers Prime Disguise Deluxe complete 2012 230615A"
SHADOW STRIKE BUMB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STING SHOT BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse 1-Step Changer Hasbro 2019 New"
STING SHOT BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #24 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 24B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE + CHEETOR + OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Buzzworthy Cyberverse 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE + CHEETO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON