This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Obedience"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Obedience"

Postby WhiteRabbit » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:22 am

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted.
These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.
No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

This piece is titled "Obedience", by Mark Kuggeleijn and Heather O'Connell

WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Postby olokin » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:49 am

I really like the colors in this one.
olokin
City Commander

Postby Deadpool. » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:52 am

Pretty cool. And Soundwave's dead...
Deadpool.
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby olokin » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:17 am

It looks like Ravage ate Soundwave or at least, cannibalized him for parts.
olokin
City Commander

Postby Insurgent » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:46 am

This is my favourite one yet. I love the artwork, love the colours, love Ravage, love Soundwave, and it shows that some loyalties will never die.

DECEPTICONS FOREVER!!
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby zemper » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:47 am

WOW! one of my favorite Mosaics yet!

only those who watched Beast Wars season 2 will get this comic. Amazing. kudos to Mark Kuggeleijn and Heather O'Connell for this, it's awesome to see one side of Agent Ravage's feelings for the Tripredacus council, as well as his undying loyalty to the Cause. this one deserves to be ranked as canon in Beast Wars history.

like he said in Agenda:

"DECEPTICONS FOREVER!"

:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Postby zemper » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:52 am

i wonder who was Agent Ravage speaking to. Ramhorn? Cicadacon? Seaclamp? and it's nice to see the Transwarp Cruiser in print again after all these years. 8)

all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Postby Duke of Luns » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:37 am

Bar none, my favorite of the All-Spark pieces. I absolutely love the panel where Ravage is grieving over fallen Soundwave.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Insurgent » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:36 am

zemper wrote:i wonder who was Agent Ravage speaking to. Ramhorn? Cicadacon? Seaclamp? and it's nice to see the Transwarp Cruiser in print again after all these years. 8)

It's the bald one with the funky voice (reminds me of Transmutate) that says to the others "I have dispatched a covert agent, you know the one" that he's talking to. I also like the way the hologram is of Megs original head, not his TM head. I once read somehwere who was who on that table, but dang if I can't remember where it was and who was who.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Decepticon Spike » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:52 am

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Very, very cool!
but, poor Soundwave :sad:
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby olokin » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:42 am

zemper wrote:WOW! one of my favorite Mosaics yet!

only those who watched Beast Wars season 2 will get this comic. Amazing. kudos to Mark Kuggeleijn and Heather O'Connell for this, it's awesome to see one side of Agent Ravage's feelings for the Tripredacus council, as well as his undying loyalty to the Cause. this one deserves to be ranked as canon in Beast Wars history.

like he said in Agenda:

"DECEPTICONS FOREVER!"

Enjoyed Beast wars. Especially when the writers were exploring the G1 connection.
olokin
City Commander

Postby i_amtrunks » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:01 pm

Front Paged and credited.

Are all these ones you are releasing going to end up in IDW publications int he very near future?
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:45 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Whoa!!! I liked it. Fantastic work.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby OptimusShr » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Excellent work by both Ms. O'Connell and Mr. Kuggeleijn. Ravages soliloquy is excellent and the art is great. As others have said, the panel of him grieving over Soundwave's corpse is the best.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby zemper » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:16 pm

Insurgent wrote:
zemper wrote:i wonder who was Agent Ravage speaking to. Ramhorn? Cicadacon? Seaclamp? and it's nice to see the Transwarp Cruiser in print again after all these years. 8)

It's the bald one with the funky voice (reminds me of Transmutate) that says to the others "I have dispatched a covert agent, you know the one" that he's talking to. I also like the way the hologram is of Megs original head, not his TM head. I once read somehwere who was who on that table, but dang if I can't remember where it was and who was who.

ah yes, in the scene in the BW Animation where they were debating over BW Megatron's fate on the round table. that scene reminded me a lot of Mafia/Gangster movies, where the meetings take place in a dark room with a singular overhead lamp for lighting.

btw, as i was reminiscing over Beast Wars its kinda amazing and a real homage to G1 when Agent Ravage transformed into a cassette and not a cybernetic panther (Agenda pt. 2); this is significant because the Beast Wars series was known for eliminating mass-shifting in TFs.

as Insurgent says: some loyalties will never die. 8)

zemper
Godmaster

Postby d_hunter » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:26 pm

If you look carefuly at Ravage when he looking at the dead body of Soundwave....he looks so sad :-(

Poor Ravage.

And yes I do agree

DECEPTICONS FOREVER!!!!
d_hunter
Mini-Con

Postby Richter » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:35 pm

i_amtrunks wrote:Front Paged and credited.

Are all these ones you are releasing going to end up in IDW publications int he very near future?

Thanks, and no. The only one of these daily releases to be printed will be the first one "Rain".

I'm looking forward to Devastation #3, great Mosaic in that one!
Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:51 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I would buy a Mosaic TPB. Sweet Raptor Jesus, I'd be the first in line.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Roll_Out » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:27 pm

I like the incorporation of G1 and Beast Wars. Very nice.
Roll_Out
Micromaster

Postby Autobot Jazz » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:01 pm

Decepticon Spike wrote:Very, very cool!
but, poor Soundwave :sad:

I know, I thought that if Ravage had been granted Amnestey, so would Sounwave and the other casseteicons plus his model was used in an ep. of BM.
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby what0080 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:14 pm

Story is nothing short of superb. After seeing "Agenda", you had to figure that despite working for the council, he still longs for the "days of Megatron" - HIS Megatron.

The face he shows to the council is like his original form was in the Great War: a disguise... It's sometimes nice to remind yourself of where you came from...even if it is in the face of "petty revenge and power games."
what0080
Micromaster

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:35 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Best one so far i think.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Calvatron » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:02 am

Seconded. Many have been good or great. but this is truly touching and effectively done.
Calvatron
Fuzor

Postby darth reven » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:47 am

i dont think he was trying to eat sw i think he was looking if he was alive
darth reven
Minibot

Postby Menbailee » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:28 am

I've enjoyed every Mosaic, and I feel they're getting progressively more nuanced and interesting as time goes by. I think the high point of this one is watching Ravage forlornly paw at the body of his father-figure. The soliloquy alone could easily have been the simple talk of conquest by a cartoon villain, but the sense of loyalty in the frame with Soundwave and the fatalism in Ravage's view of the survivor as the lucky and the damned suggests a more mature and complex character.
Menbailee
Vehicon

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #19 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230868 (CA) Barends (W) Percy 231222T"
GHOST RIDER #19 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #13 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230861 (CA) Land (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #13 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #11 var Marvel Comics MAR230888 (CA) Chew (W) Zdarsky (A) De Latorre"
DAREDEVIL #11 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #9 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230965 (CA) Ba 230328B"
DAREDEVIL #9 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #4 Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221023 (CA) Ngu (W) Percy (A) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #4 Mar ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #1 Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210818 (CA) Bachalo"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #8 var Stormbreakers Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220943 (CA) Casagrande"
DAREDEVIL #8 var S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231146 (CA) Miller (W) Ahmed (A) Kuder"
DAREDEVIL #1 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #19 var demonized Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221137 (CA) Tan (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #19 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #29 Marvel Comics 2021 FEB210641 (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #29 Marv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220906 (CA) Azaceta (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #2 var 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #13 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230864 (CA) Barends (W) Percy 231222Y"
GHOST RIDER #13 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #28 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230816 (CA) Torque (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #28 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var 1:100 virgin Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220861 (CA) Stegman"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON