This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "BACK HOME"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "BACK HOME"

Postby Richter » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:29 am

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted.
These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.
No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Today's piece is called "Back Home"! Story and Art by Ivan Mas (aka Decep) and Script and Letters by Carlos Oliveros (aka Synapse).

This piece, and all previous pieces can be found here: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com

If you would like to get involved in Transformers: Mosaic, send an email to transformers.mosaic@gmail.com
Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Postby Leonardo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:35 am

I like this one a lot. I'd have preferred it if they hadn't shown Starscream's robot mode and instead just had a closer shot of his jet mode, but this is easily one of my favourites. There's a nice aesthetic here.

The "Back Home" font...is that used by the military? When I first saw it it made me think of baseball.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby ThunderZap » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:57 am

ufh..pity the soldier
ThunderZap
Combiner

Postby synapse » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:02 am

Weapon: Black Magic
Leonardo wrote:I like this one a lot. I'd have preferred it if they hadn't shown Starscream's robot mode and instead just had a closer shot of his jet mode, but this is easily one of my favourites. There's a nice aesthetic here.

The "Back Home" font...is that used by the military? When I first saw it it made me think of baseball.

Thanks for your kind words :)

We used that font as it resembles the ones on submarines bodywork (or that's what we saw... on a couple movies :P)

(my english sucks right now, sorry xD)
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby Leonardo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:13 am

synapse wrote:Thanks for your kind words :)

We used that font as it resembles the ones on submarines bodywork (or that's what we saw... on a couple movies :P)

Ah, the font on submarines, that makes sense. I didn't know that's what it was.

It was great piece. I like the human element of Transformers and this Mosaic gave us a little idea of Verity's family or roots. Good stuff.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby AxiomScion » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:57 am

Leonardo wrote:
synapse wrote:Thanks for your kind words :)

Ah, the font on submarines, that makes sense. I didn't know that's what it was.

It was great piece. I like the human element of Transformers and this Mosaic gave us a little idea of Verity's family or roots. Good stuff.
The font is not as prominent as it use to be, on US ballistic subs anyway, but the feel is still there.

good choice Synapse, also the uniform comes accross believable enough in frame 3 so it looks like Decep did his homework too. ;)^
AxiomScion
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby synapse » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:11 am

Leonardo wrote:Ah, the font on submarines, that makes sense. I didn't know that's what it was.

Thanks so much :) We weren't quite sure about the reaction to a human tale :P

AxiomScion wrote:The font is not as prominent as it use to be, on US ballistic subs anyway, but the feel is still there.

good choice Synapse, also the uniform comes accross believable enough in frame 3 so it looks like Decep did his homework too. ;)^

Well actually yes, he checked several books and movies for this. We're not americans and didn't want any "hey that's not correct you ignorant spaniards" kind of comments :P

Thanks man :D
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby Duke of Luns » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:33 am

Whoa, this is certainly an interesting piece. The art is good as usual, and it creates a very interesting story. Was Verity's father ever hinted at? If not, then I think this is an original backstory, and worthy of official canon in my opinion 8) .

About Starscream in the last panel, I can't seem to find any IDW Starscream art on the net right now(maybe I'm not looking hard enough), but would I be right in saying that his robot mode was slightly altered to fit the time frame? That would certainly raise a point on how long or how often Transformers attain new alternate forms.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:10 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Oh this is a good one, pore guy.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby i_amtrunks » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:20 pm

Front Paged and credited.

Another interesting art style. I'm not sold on the story though.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:38 pm

Not Bad at all.

And yes, it may be what they signed up for, but soldiers who die in battle as well as their families deserve our pity.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:40 pm

Hmm..Verity's father...this is interesting, we never really get to see what happens w/the human characters' relatives in most incarnations. Mosaics always touch the places we don't have, I love 'em!
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby ChrisR291 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:58 pm

who is Verity?

GET READY FOR IT.....
ChrisR291
Combiner

Postby Jazzz » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:13 pm

Best one yet. :)
the art is better than some mainstream comics
Jazzz
Combiner

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
ChrisR291 wrote:who is Verity?

One of the three human characters of the IDW G1 story.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby synapse » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:55 pm

Duke of Luns wrote:Whoa, this is certainly an interesting piece. The art is good as usual, and it creates a very interesting story. Was Verity's father ever hinted at? If not, then I think this is an original backstory, and worthy of official canon in my opinion 8) .

About Starscream in the last panel, I can't seem to find any IDW Starscream art on the net right now(maybe I'm not looking hard enough), but would I be right in saying that his robot mode was slightly altered to fit the time frame? That would certainly raise a point on how long or how often Transformers attain new alternate forms.

Nah, we haven't learned anthing from Verity's past or family yet. So that's what we came up with :P

About Starscream... we simply used EJ Su's design for IDW's seekers :)

Dead Metal wrote:Oh this is a good one, pore guy.

Thanks man!

i_amtrunks wrote:Front Paged and credited.

Another interesting art style. I'm not sold on the story though.

Well, it's just a WHAT IF kind of tale... a possibility, as we don't really know anything from Verity. You liked only the art? that's cool :)
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby synapse » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:58 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:Not Bad at all.

And yes, it may be what they signed up for, but soldiers who die in battle as well as their families deserve our pity.

THANKS
and
I ABSOLUTELY AGREE.

Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:Hmm..Verity's father...this is interesting, we never really get to see what happens w/the human characters' relatives in most incarnations. Mosaics always touch the places we don't have, I love 'em!

We only tried to make something different, we've released 3 pieces so far and they were, art-wise, story-wise, "character-wise". Glad you like it :)
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby synapse » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:01 pm

Jazzz wrote:Best one yet. :)
the art is better than some mainstream comics

Best reaction we've ever got xD
And that's only watercolours!

(well and a little photoshop editing by me... but very little :P)

Thanks so much!
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby olokin » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:27 pm

I like the art. It is quite militaristic in flavor.
olokin
City Commander

Postby Altitron » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:47 pm

Motto: "Peace through tyranny!"
Weapon: Short-Range Laser Pistols
I can dig the art, as well as the story. It is a decent enough departure from some of the more recent Mosaics. The artist uses mood and setting well to accentuate the story.

I am actually in the US military, Navy specifically, and have served aboard a submarine for about five years now. The art is accurate enough; I have no desire to nitpick. :)

Keep up the good work.
Altitron
Minibot
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Roll_Out » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:05 pm

awwww, this is so sad :( damn you Starscream!
Roll_Out
Micromaster

Postby Senor Hugo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:41 pm

It was a really good piece.

Except for one thing.

His body in the last panel, sprawled out on his back with his head facing SS, when the barrel of SS's gun was up against the back of his head, so he should have fallen forward instead of back.

But other than that, it was awesome, as all the other Mosaic pieces.
Senor Hugo
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:41 pm

Powerful.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby darth reven » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:29 am

what the hell was that???
darth reven
Minibot

Postby synapse » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:59 am

olokin wrote:I like the art. It is quite militaristic in flavor.

Thanks, Iván really made his homework for this one, except for Starscream jet mode which didn't exist 16 years ago :P

Altitron wrote:I can dig the art, as well as the story. It is a decent enough departure from some of the more recent Mosaics. The artist uses mood and setting well to accentuate the story.

I am actually in the US military, Navy specifically, and have served aboard a submarine for about five years now. The art is accurate enough; I have no desire to nitpick. :)

Keep up the good work.

Awesome! That's exactly what we were looking for. If you find it accurate, then we may have done a good job. Thanks for your comment :)

Yeah we always try to use different styles, both art and story-wise. This is our third released piece, you can check our previous efforts here and here :grin:
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REFORMATTING MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2024 New"
NEW!
REFORMATTING MEGAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts ARCEE Vinyl Figure 1374 2023 New"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 3 2020 New"
BLASTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV2 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRACKS Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 Alien Mask figure 2023 New"
TRACKS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHARKTICON (Gnaw) Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 2023 New"
SHARKTICON (Gnaw) ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON