This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers 2 Production Designer Announced

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers 2 Production Designer Announced

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:43 pm

Seibertron's own Roll_Out has informed us that <a href="http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6504" target="_blank">superherohype.com</a> have posted information pertaining to the second <a href="http://webmaster.transformersmovie.com/click.html?c=FLINCG" target="_blank">Transformers Movie</a>.

<i>It looks like a production designer has already been hired for Transformers 2. Nigel Phelps, who worked with director Michael Bay on Pearl Harbor and The Island, is listed on the United Talent Agency's website as having the job. Phelps is currently working on Universal's The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.</i>

Good to know that even though the writers Strike has stopped many major films, that there are still some wheelings and dealings going on.

To view the original Source, please <a href="http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6504" target="_blank">click here</a>.

Stay tuned to <a href="/news/index.php">Seibertron.com</a> for more information as it comes.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Skowl » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:53 pm

Cool... but... uh... what does a production designer do? :???:

Still, nice to know the movie is moving along, if only at a snail's pace from now until we get a shooting script.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:05 pm

Skowl wrote:Cool... but... uh... what does a production designer do? :???:

Still, nice to know the movie is moving along, if only at a snail's pace from now until we get a shooting script.

Production Designer is more or less in charge of how the film will look and feel. They have to make the film look consistant in style. It's big job.

They work directly with the directors and producers, as well as the Director of photography to decide colour palette, the costume designer to get the costumes right, the Set builders and so forth and so forth.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Agent 007 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:14 pm

good, lets just hope this stupid strike ends soon
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Robinson » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:36 pm

They can make the movie in pantomine now, since they don't have the script done yet.

Transformers silent film who's with me.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Cyber-Kun » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:43 pm

if this movie gets off the ground from the writer's strike, whoo!
recent acquisitions: TFA Black Arachnia, Ratchet & Leader Megatron, Movie Stockade
Cyber-Kun
Headmaster Jr

Postby Roll_Out » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:59 pm

I'd like to know the official status of the script. We don't know anything other than the fact that its not done.
Roll_Out
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby fabiobasile » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:12 pm

Why can't we just wait and see what happens?

Haven't we learned a valuable lesson when it came to the first movie? We expected: amazing, great, live action, Peter Cullen's voice, heavy metal, hystoric lines and a consistent plot worthy of the original cartoon.

What did we get? Probably about half of everything. Not nearly as much as we hoped, but it turned out alright, not great, not mind-blowing, even the story changed somehow and the names of some elements (no... i still can't call it "spark", to me it is and will always be "Matrix"). It hit the target it was aimed at, and before you say anything... no. It wasn't us. The target is kids and adults who barely know Transformers and don't care about great stories and nostalgia, they want quick Summer thrills and that's it. They got it to the sound of almost 300 million dollars worth of tickets sold world-wide.
If i was interested in the script i'd be one of the guys working on it.
I think i'll just do what i did before Michael Bay "ruined my childhood memories": i'll sit tight, watch some YouTube sneak peaks, read some pointless articles and wait for a movie that part of me will hate with a passion, but that in the end will end up in my DVD collection anyway. Right next to "Transformers - The Movie".
fabiobasile
Mini-Con

Postby fabiobasile » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:15 pm

Besides remember this: every single one of the first Batman movies that came out in the 90s sucked so bad they gave me temporary cancer. Then "Batman Begins" was made.
fabiobasile
Mini-Con

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:31 pm

fabiobasile wrote:(no... i still can't call it "spark", to me it is and will always be "Matrix")
I don't know who told you that "spark" & "Autobot Matrix of Leadership" were the same, but in TF mythology a "spark" is a TF's life force, & is more comparable to a G1's robot's personality component.

In fact, IIRC, I believe that originally they were going to call the Allspark the Matrix, but didn't because Neo sucks, so they decided to make it the Energon cube, but didn't because fans quickly pointed out that energon was food, not a source of life....so if anything was going to be matrix-like, it would have been the allspark (& thank Primus none of that happened).
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Postby Savage » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:11 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
I still say that the Allspark is more comparable to Vector Sigma/the Oracle than to the Matrix.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:25 pm

Savage wrote:I still say that the Allspark is more comparable to Vector Sigma/the Oracle than to the Matrix.
It probably is, but in the comics, IIRC, it was called the "Creation Matrix" & held some small ounce of Primus' power to give life, similar to what the Allspark does. In the cartoon, it just held the wisdom of previous autobot leaders.....& apparently an anti-giant planet Transformer virus......
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Postby RagingBull » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:46 am

any news on ben procter jumping in again?, he done some fantastic work for the first movie.

i hope to god they dont give into the G1 hardcores *rolls eyes* and let the super cool movie styles turn more g1.
RagingBull
Minibot

Postby First-Aid » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:24 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Wait...their making ANOTHER Mummy movie? Didn't the Flop of the Scorpion King teach them a lesson?
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Head Shot » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:55 pm

fabiobasile wrote: They got it to the sound of almost 300 million dollars worth of tickets sold world-wide.
Try 700 million buddy :?
Head Shot
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby homelessjunkeon » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:48 pm

RagingBull wrote:any news on ben procter jumping in again?, he done some fantastic work for the first movie.

i hope to god they dont give into the G1 hardcores *rolls eyes* and let the super cool movie styles turn more g1.

When did "crappy-wiry-tin-foil" start word-filtering to cool? :-?
homelessjunkeon
Vehicon

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME OPENING MOVES #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAY221557 2A"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr K 1:10 character Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240198 3K (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #5 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 APR231604 5D (CA) Cho"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #4 Cvr B IDW Comics APR231620 4B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ANNUAL 2023 Cvr B Out of Time IDW Comics MAR231656 (W)Walsh (A/CA)Legostaev"
TMNT ANNUAL 2023 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT URBAN LEGENDS #22 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 Turtles DEC190613 22B (A/CA) Fosco"
TMNT URBAN LEGENDS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr H FOIL Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230211 1H (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #130 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 APR221589 130RI Ninja Turtles (CA) Franks"
TMNT #130 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #3 Cvr C IDW Comics NOV221626 3C (CA) Smith"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv Halloween Special #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 AUG231431"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics DEC220423 1C Aragones"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #9 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2024 OCT231366 9D (CA) Levins"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #103 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 DEC190609 103A Ninja Turtles Ongoing 3A 231010Y"
TMNT #103 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZH FOC 1:10 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC237144 1ZH (CA) Liefeld"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON