This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Mistake"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Mistake"

Postby WhiteRabbit » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:57 pm

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted.
These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.
No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Today we present ”One Mistake”. Story and Art by Shane (Andersonh1) Anderson.

Last edited by WhiteRabbit on Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Postby zemper » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:29 am

wow. a Beast Machines mosaic. and right at the pivotal point where Cybertron becomes reformatted into becoming organic again. now we know what happened to Obsidian! idiotic of him to step into the antigrav he he he he he... (at least, he did not get reformatted into an "organic" vehicon LOL :P)

FREAKING AWESOME. you make us old classic diehards teary-eyed. thank you, oh thank you.

bring on more BW and other classic series references! 8)

:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Postby zemper » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:30 am

awesome. just awesome. and its Canonical to boot. thank you. :)

(btw, was there ever a green Obisidian toy released? i thought it was gray-colored...)

all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Postby Jeysie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:34 am

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
Hmm. I think that the usage of toys in this Mosaic works better visually than the usage in "Compromise" (though I liked the writing in that one, so I'm not slamming it). And I love the "change to organic planet" sequence.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough yet with the BW/BM continuity to comment on the writing here, though the thought of a metal vs. organic struggle intrigues me.
Jeysie
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Psychout » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:08 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
No idea whats going on.

Anyone care to enlighten this old GeeWunner?
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 10

Postby olokin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:21 am

A beast wars/machines Mosaic. And in continuity too. Another nice issue. :)
olokin
City Commander

Postby Gaijin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:48 am

Most excellent.
Gaijin
Minibot

Postby Sideshow Sideswipe » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:49 am

Motto: "Fritos are the right of all hungry beings"
Weapon: Shotgun
read the whole Obsidians' Lament story here:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115299
God, save me from your followers.

Sideshow Sideswipe
Fuzor
News Credits: 70
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Postby King Grimrob » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:51 am

Yes. It was your fault. You let the Beast Machines story go so far. Bad Obsidien. Bad.
King Grimrob
Micromaster

Postby Scaleface » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:35 am

Is that coloring toy accurate, it's not show accurate, but all the Beast Machines toys didn't look a thing like the show.

For the sake of the above, in the last episode of Beast Machines Cheetor was able to launch Megatron's top two soldiers (Obsidian and Strika) into orbit during the final battle. Optimus Primal then defeated Megatron and reformatted the whole planet, and freed all the captured cybertronian's sparks which Megatron was holding prisoner. His was Obsidian, floating in orbit above Cybertron just as the series finale occured, blaming himself for Megatron's defeat.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby OptimusShr » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:36 am

Psychout wrote:No idea whats going on.

Massive spoilers for Beast Machines, be forewarned.

In Beast Machines, Optimus Primal and the other survivors from Beast Wars learned that Cybertron was once organic from a computer called The Oracle. The Oracle ordered them to bring back the balance between the organic and the technological by becoming a blend of the two.

Beast Wars Megatron was able to free himself from the Autobot shuttle and return to Cybertron before the Maximals did and unleashed a virus that fried everyone's transformationcircuits. The entire population then had their sparks ripped out and Megatron built an army of drones and tried to purge his beast mode.

When Primal and crew returned in their new technorganic bodies, Megatron placed three sparks inside new bodies as generals.

Obsidian and Strika, seen here, were replacements for two of the previous generals. One had been killed, the other set free and joined Optimus.

Despite being amazing tacticians they underestimated Primal and ultimately lost the war and Primal sacrificed himself and Megatron and made the planet technorganic.

There's a lot of spiritualism and allegory for environmentalism. Although neither technological or organic is favored, only the balance is which I thought was really nice. It really is best to watch BW and BM. Both are excellent series.

Also really great comic. I have loved Shane's work since I first read Obsidian's lament and he continues to shine.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby Psychout » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:13 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
Nice. Ill check up on that, cheers guys.
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:13 am

That is by far the best one of these I have ever been privledged enough to read!

Thank You

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Briggs » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:08 am

Very nice. All quality
Briggs
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Talon523 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:39 am

Awesome! BW and BM were the best series by far. I love the G1 characters, but the TV shows (other than a few gems) were mostly crap. This is a very good story that fits in nicely with the end of BM. The reason BW and BM are better than G1 is that the villains get some great characterization. They are not just evil for evils sake.
Talon523
Minibot

Postby Dinobot Nuva » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:20 pm

C'mon IDW, figure out a way to put Shane to work on a BM comic arc!
DN
Dinobot Nuva
Mini-Con

Postby Brakethrough » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:49 pm

In space, no one can hear you blame yourself.
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster

Postby zemper » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:30 pm

Brakethrough wrote:In space, no one can hear you blame yourself.

QFT! :P

zemper
Godmaster

Postby Flashwave » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:24 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Awesome workl with the figs. The first panel looks like Obsidian was walking on Cybertron. Neat touch, even if it is accidental. And is that a clay I see on Primus, or special effects?
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Blozor » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:30 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Psychout wrote:No idea whats going on.

Beast Wars and Beast Machines are G1. They happen within the same continuity, just far into the future.
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby Duke of Luns » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:54 pm

Definitely great one. I really like how Obsidian isn't characterized as evil, cause he really wasn't in the show either. It's also a neat look at an aspect of his character that was never really touched upon. Also, love the art style.

All in all, awsome ;)^ .
Duke of Luns
Gestalt

Postby Darth Vader » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:50 pm

Very nice!
Darth Vader
Mini-Con

Postby cyber jam » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:35 am

i saw the one in devistation#2
it was cool
cyber jam
Mini-Con

Postby devil prime » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:05 pm

wow this one comic was better than all of Beast Machines
devil prime
Minibot

Postby Bass X0 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:30 pm

zemper wrote:awesome. just awesome. and its Canonical to boot. thank you. :)

(btw, was there ever a green Obisidian toy released? i thought it was gray-colored...)

Yes.

http://www.tfu.info/2000/Vehicon/Obsidian/obsidian.htm
Bass X0
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr F 1:50 Boom Studios Comics JUN230414 111F"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221733 3B (CA) Height"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr P 1:150 virgin Dynamite Comics 2023 NOV220598 2P (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #5 Cvr A IDW Comics DEC221444 5A (CA) Mercado"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #1 Cvr E RI 1:25 IDW Comics JAN231648 1E Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #134 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221727 134RI Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #134 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230518 5G (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAY231439 1B (CA) Corona"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr F 1:10 Boom Studios Comics FEB230325 5F (CA)Eastman+Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr T 1:50 Dynamite Comics MAY230492 1T (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 MAR231660 1C (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT SOURCEBOOK #1 IDW Comics 2024 2024 827714032666 1A Turtles (CA) Santalouco"
TMNT SOURCEBOOK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr L 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230254 5L (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #4 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2024 4G GPK"
NEW!
Garbage Pail Kids ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON