This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Simon Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Simon Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:08 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Simon Furman has updated his <a href="http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/" target="_blank">Blog</a> once again, this time providing some cryptic information about the final issue of the "Devastation" arc. The following is the exact text as written by Simon himself:

"<i>This time up it’s the turn of Transformers Devastation #6, the wrap-up of this the third ‘-ion’ arc (and as ever, I’ll try and make this more of a tease than a spoiler). And boy what an arc this has been! Big stuff happening! That tired old phrase ‘things will never be the same again’ is wholly and justifiably applicable here. Stuff is revealed! Stuff is tied up! Other stuff kicks off! It’s a packed old end of arc issue, with Reapers versus Decepticons (to a shattering conclusion!), Hot Rod versus Headmasters (to a turbo-charged conclusion… of sorts) and Hunter/Sunstreaker versus the head of the Machination (to a point where we absolutely know who is who and what is what, but with a distinct ‘To be continued…’). Oh yeah! Plus, (much) more on the Dead Universe cast, with Galvatron making his first Earthbound moves, and first full appearances for Jhiaxus and ‘the Transformer formerly known as Nova Prime.’ The main focus, though, falls on our second fully fledged no-holds-barred (devastating) battle of this arc, this time between the catastrophic Reapers and the Ore-13 charged Decepticons. Expect casualties! Carnage! Shocks! Last issue saw Starscream back in the fray, strutting his stuff, but this issue has him fighting (once again) side-by-side with Megatron (who isn’t exactly chuffed to see him!). Fallout/repercussions for sure. Hot Rod makes a shocking decision (kind of prompted by Optimus Prime’s equally momentous decision last issue) and Skywatch prepare to kick back before things get even more out of hand. And if you think that maybe feeds into a certain upcoming Spotlight, well, you’d be right on the money. Oh, and don’t think I’ve forgotten about Sixshot. He too has a part to play. All I can say is… phew! This one has it all! Really. Devastation #6 hits stores in February 08. Art by EJ Su.</i>"
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Patrick Bateman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:29 am

1st! Anyway, sounds good.
Patrick Bateman
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby JazZeke » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:31 am

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Okay, I'm not up on Brit slang... what does "chuffed" mean?
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby jgilkinson » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:44 am

good stuff... cant wait till feb
jgilkinson
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby snavej » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:10 am

Motto: "Follow your instincts and your common sense."
'Chuffed' - very pleased.

Strangely, 'Chuff' - rear orifice!

Different origin for very similar words.
snavej
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Small starship - able to traverse entire universe.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby NebulanFree » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:14 am

Can't wait. After this summer's Megatron: Origin & Avenger fumbles, it's nice to see a book that is both interesting & on track.

BTW, No more of this "I'm 1st!!" stuff. Please.
-NebulanFree
NebulanFree
Minibot

Postby NightFall » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:59 pm

I can't wait, and yeah I'm glad Starscream is still in the picture, I hope he stays. I hope the battles aren't rushed, like the Megatron Orgins.
NightFall
Headmaster Jr

Postby i_like_starscream » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:45 pm

What's the Dead Universe & who is in it?
i_like_starscream
Mini-Con

Postby Bass X0 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:50 pm

You should really read Optimus Prime's spotlight issue for more info on the dead universe.
Bass X0
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Postby Blozor » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:22 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Sounds like a lot to go into one comic book. Hopefully it isn't rushed, like we only get one page for the entire Decepticon / Reaper battle or something.
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Leonardo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:05 am

If Furman can pace it nicely it should be good. I hope that we have a decent ending to this arc as Furman often writes brilliant beginnings and middles but leaves his endings sort of flat. I'm glad all of his threads are starting to come together.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby NuclearConvoy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:36 pm

*drools* I love the IDWverse.
Stuff just keeps happening.

Now, when the hell are the Dinobots gonna show up?
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby i_amtrunks » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Holy mother of mercy that is alot of stuff to happen in a single 32 page book...

And we get to see Jhiaxus!!!
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200471 3B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0923IM827 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM326 5D (CA) Bustos"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 APR200726 4A (CA) Fullerton"
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210456 39B (CA) Simone"
TRANSFORMERS #39 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220506 16RI (CA) Stone"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E 0124IM242 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #26 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 OCT200417 26RI (CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #26 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 MAY221568 3D (CA) Won"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 SEP200484 25B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #25 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #66 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Senior (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222M"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #25 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON