This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Images of First strike Optimus prime

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Images of First strike Optimus prime

Postby Nekoman » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:37 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
An auction has surfaced containing new images of the previously reported First strike Optimus prime, which you can view here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Movie-G-1-Color-Optimus-Prime-Testshot_W0QQitemZ280177230033QQihZ018QQcategoryZ155343QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Doesn’t look bad in my opinion, but its not much different.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby Auto Bot » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:05 pm

The truck mode looks good. Really much better than the flames design.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:18 pm

i like how they are releasing all the characters from the movie with a g1 color scheme but in the shape that they were in n the movie(rescue ratchet, target jazz, starscream, etc)
and i might buy this fig but i do like the flames on the movie design(not beacause it makes op look like he has ribs okay michael bay? GOD! damn you and your excuses).
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby Auto Bot » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:53 pm

The horizontal silver bar design is reminisce of Night Watch Prime. I like it. But i would still prefer the Leader Class design. Which means, i'd give more points to Night Watch than First Strike.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby craggy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:45 pm

Starscreams heir wrote:i like how they are releasing all the characters from the movie with a g1 color scheme but in the shape that they were in n the movie(rescue ratchet, target jazz, starscream, etc)
and i might buy this fig but i do like the flames on the movie design(not beacause it makes op look like he has ribs okay michael bay? GOD! damn you and your excuses).

huh? look like he has ribs? looks more like he's selling ribs!

anyway, this is an ok color scheme in vehicle mode, but looks pretty rubbish in robot mode, with the legs being half red/half blue.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Auto Bot » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:00 am

Yeah. The legs are better all blue.

It wouldn't hurt the truck's color scheme.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Glitcher » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:31 am

Apparently Michael Bay chose the flames because he wanted to retain Optimus' two main colours. He could easily have used this colour scheme and kept everyone happy. :-?
Glitcher
Combiner

Postby AlienQuiksilver » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:34 am

Auto Bot wrote:Yeah. The legs are better all blue.

It wouldn't hurt the truck's color scheme.

I agree, but hey ... at least they didn't use the stupid shade of blue chosen for Robovision Prime.

With this figure, Hasbro has upgraded their status to making things "almost" correct.
- AQS
AlienQuiksilver
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Auto Bot » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:33 am

Glitcher wrote:Apparently Michael Bay chose the flames because he wanted to retain Optimus' two main colours. He could easily have used this colour scheme and kept everyone happy. :-?

I would think Bay probably got the idea from Rodimus Prime.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Dagon » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:39 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Auto Bot wrote:
Glitcher wrote:Apparently Michael Bay chose the flames because he wanted to retain Optimus' two main colours. He could easily have used this colour scheme and kept everyone happy. :-?

How? Rodimus was maroon and yellow, Optimus is red and blue. The blue flame design does keep Optimus' original colors......and it's not like the only vehicle ever to exhibit a flame design was Rodimus Prime....Bay could have seen a real truck with that kind of paint and thought it looked cool. Or maybe it was just an attempt to make movie Prime look different from G1 Prime.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Optimist Prime » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:49 am

Motto: "One shall stand, one shall fall."
Weapon: Static Laser Gun
My 2 cents worth. I always thought the flames were too flamboyant for a character like Optimus Prime. He always seemed simple and straight-forward. I had a hard time believing that he would choose a paint scheme that would make him stand out. Granted, he scanned the first truck that he saw that was big enough to suit him. But, he could have switched to a less conspicuous color scheme later, ala Bumblebee. Seriously, if you're trying to stay hidden a flashy truck isn't the way to go. How many custom painted Peterbilt's do you think there are in one city?
Optimist Prime
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby CMP » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:53 am

Looks, OK.
CMP
Micromaster

Postby TheStarScreamer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:58 am

Dagon wrote:
Auto Bot wrote:

How? Rodimus was maroon and yellow, Optimus is red and blue. The blue flame design does keep Optimus' original colors......and it's not like the only vehicle ever to exhibit a flame design was Rodimus Prime....Bay could have seen a real truck with that kind of paint and thought it looked cool. Or maybe it was just an attempt to make movie Prime look different from G1 Prime.

Acutally according to the HD-DVD docs, red is notoriously difficult to animate realisticly in CGI, but Hasbro wouldn't let Bay make Prime all blue, so the flame design was created as a negotiation between the two parties.

What's the big deal anyways, none of our G1 red characters got to be red. Starscream, Ratchet, and Ironhide all lost their red designs, as well as Jazz. Hell none of the decepticons besides Starscream are even discernable form their earlier counterparts. Not to mention voice acting changed a lot too. Jazz used to be a redneck, now he's a gangsta? Okay. Ironhide also used to be southern, but now he's Australian.

Prime and Bumblebee stand as the only 2 characters who are directly related to their predecessors in almost every way.
TheStarScreamer
Minibot

Postby Bonecrusher27 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:40 am

Somehow feel that with this new design, it looks better with the flames. The single red colour just doesn't seem to have a kick to it. Maybe I'm just used to the movie version now.

I must say the bot mode looks really good to me though. I wouldn've bought him just for that, except that since I would probably keep him MISB that becomes pointless.
Bonecrusher27
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1

Postby Skowl » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:14 pm

Front paged and credited!

Love the truck mode. See how easy it is to make Prime look good without having to resort to tacky rice-boy flames?
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby NightFall » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:32 pm

Too much red, but way better than flames.
NightFall
Headmaster Jr

Postby skywarp-2 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:09 pm

I like it, it reminds me of the animation colors fo the G-1 cartoon.. but I'm stiull holding out for a G-1 realistic colored version of the Leader class with real silver apint!! in the Premium line.. here's hoping..
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Much nicer than regular Movie prime in Alt mode.

Bout the same in Robot mode.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby DeadPool69 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:34 pm

Jazz was Always Gangsta ;p

Ironhide was the redneck.

What Bay actualy said, was that they could not properly film a red truck, because the colors come out **** on film. Additionally the complexity of his design makes it so that the flame pattern was nessecery to allow for a G1 color scheme with the design they used for his transformation. Hasbro and he both worked Extensively to provide the best representation of Prime that they could. Bay's design team even went so far as to tone down Prime's transformation, so that it could actualy be produced in a real life action feature.

As far as this paint job....I really would have prefered some more original thought. Rodimus would seem almost a natural remold from this figure.
DeadPool69
Micromaster

Postby Dr. Z » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:39 pm

That reminds me of Gobots Staks.
Dr. Z
Fuzor

Postby Jazzz » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:15 am

shouda made this leader. it wouldnt have been as red.
Jazzz
Combiner

Postby Jazzz » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:17 am

whoa. I thought we liked the flames.
I still like em.
so much criticism for the flames.
:(
Jazzz
Combiner

Postby Jazzz » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:20 am

and everyone is starting to like this. I thought we hated all this red.
what the hell happened?
did I get zapped into an alternate universe?
eh, I kinda like it. could use some more blue. and less yellow. more gold with flames.
Jazzz
Combiner

Postby Gasper » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:37 am

I NEED THIS PRIME!!

No question about it.
Gasper
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby PrimulArchangel » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:37 am

I think he looks pretty lame .. I hate him without the flames.. Sure he is prime but its time to retire the lame 80's paint job. Im a fan from the beginning and its so boring to see them milk the hell out of the G1 paint themes lol, let them rust in peace and bring on the new age !!
Check Out My Site , www.PrimulArchangelboxes.com for cool custom WST boxes and some full size G1 repro boxes and more :)
PrimulArchangel
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #26 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 OCT200417 26RI (CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #26 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM319 6A (CA) Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926P"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1C GI JOE 1023IM261 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C GI JOE 1223IM273 (CA) Boss + Wordie"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot LCSD IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Matere 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210587 3B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210484 31RI (CA) Caltsoudas"
TRANSFORMERS #31 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM406 4A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 2nd ptg Cvr B Ratchet Image Comics 2024 1023IM978 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #3 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A 0224IM255 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210582 36RI (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS #36 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #31 IDW Comics 2014 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON