This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Products Lead-Free

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro Products Lead-Free

Postby Raymond T. » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:12 am

<a href="http://finance.yahoo.com/" target="_blank">Yahoo! Finance</a> has reported that <a href="http://www.hasbro.com/" target="_blank">Hasbro</a> plans on releasing a press ad in which the company expresses that they have not recalled any of their products due to the recent issues with high concentrations of lead in the paint of their products. The ad is expected to be run next week, and is an attempt to distance themselves from rival toy companies, who were forced to recall their products (made in China), after high concentrations of lead was found in them. The <a href="http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071129/habsro_ad.html" target="_blank">article</a> has Hasbro Chief Executive Alfred J. Verrecchia make the following statements;

"<i>Our standards meet or, certainly in the lead paint case, exceed the federal standards, and we have a very robust testing and inspection process in place to ensure that those standards are being adhered to. We believe that's why we've avoided the recalls</i>"
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby Zeds » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:57 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
I would still move out some production out of China. It is never wise to have all your apples in one basket. It is like having a diversified mutual fund portfolio balanced with investments in a variety of companies and sectors. This ensures that if one sectors falters your entire portfolio does not suffer.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Jazzz » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:10 am

they definitely need production out of China.
look how many figures have been sold on eBay lately.
Jazzz
Combiner

Postby Zeds » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:27 am

Takara had announced that they are not taking any chances and that they are moving most of their production out of China.

http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewto ... ight=&sid=

Japanese consumers are more demanding than non-Japanese consumers I guess.

IMHO nothing should be made in China until they clean up their act and their environment. The 2008 Olympics will be an utter fiasco. Most of the athletes will be asthmatic by the end of it.

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby Psyro_Kameato » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:18 pm

Ouchie, from from all these comments i'm starting to feel sorry for china, that one insident is definitly shoving them off their high horse.

Well...i should probably research what actually happened a little more but i myself dont suck on my Optimus Ptime figures so i dun gotta worry either way
Psyro_Kameato
Mini-Con

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:30 pm

Didn't they do this like a month ago?

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Psyro_Kameato wrote:Ouchie, from from all these comments i'm starting to feel sorry for china, that one insident is definitly shoving them off their high horse.

I agree. Not that I blame the others for their take on things (I think Takara's got the right idea pulling production out of China too), but from where I sit it seems the Chinese are really getting fraked on this one.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Rogue. » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:45 pm

We shouldn't have anything made in China. It sickens me to see so much junk made in China, when there are people here needing jobs. Then this sort of thing happens. Someone in China sure doesn't give a damn about lead poisoning, or about health and safety in general. You can't even buy paint with lead in it over here in the USA!
Rogue.
Combiner
Buy from Rogue. on eBay

Postby TenaciousMC » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm

Motto: "Not me, you idiot! HIM!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Does Masterpiece Megatron contain lead?
TenaciousMC
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: M12 Force Application Light Reconnaissance Vehicle
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Sherade » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:39 pm

Well, even if TF's were lead laden, I'd still buy them. It's not like I lick 'em or anything.
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Zeds » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:46 pm

Sherade wrote:Well, even if TF's were lead laden, I'd still buy them. It's not like I lick 'em or anything.

Kids will. That is the point here. They put everything in their mouths.

Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby Danish-Liokaiser » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:47 pm

And besides, i do OWN some real Lead-painted Tf's, and im still alive :-P ... sigh*

http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewto ... 24614&sid=

And i know alot of Danish people who own these lead-paintet IGA's aswell.

Just dont lick/Eat lead-paintet things ...

EDIT* these peps i know had there IGA's since there childhood ... and they are still alive aswell ! ... :-P
Maybe we should all just calm down a little about this whole lead thing, it is only dangerous for kids there put stuffs in there mouth.
Last edited by Danish-Liokaiser on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Danish-Liokaiser
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Sherade » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Zeds wrote:
Sherade wrote:Well, even if TF's were lead laden, I'd still buy them. It's not like I lick 'em or anything.

But I was talking about me.
Sherade
City Commander

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:58 pm

Spiffy?
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Zeds » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:36 pm

Sherade wrote:
Zeds wrote:

But I was talking about me.

I know. But corporations will get scared not about your logical based sense to not put it into your mouth but 10 year old Johnnie's 2 year old brother getting a hold of it and licking it and the resulting lawsuits!

Never thought that I would ever write something like that! EVER!

Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby Sherade » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:49 pm

Zeds wrote:I know. But corporations will get scared not about your logical based sense to not put it into your mouth but 10 year old Johnnie's 2 year old brother getting a hold of it and licking it and the resulting lawsuits!

You know, some twisted sicko will do that to his kids just for money, I'd bet.
Sherade
City Commander

Postby Zeds » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:55 pm

Sherade wrote:
Zeds wrote:I know. But corporations will get scared not about your logical based sense to not put it into your mouth but 10 year old Johnnie's 2 year old brother getting a hold of it and licking it and the resulting lawsuits!

In this day and age I also see that happening. Sad isn't it?

Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby Sherade » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:00 pm

Zeds wrote:
Sherade wrote:

In this day and age I also see that happening. Sad isn't it?
I prefer pathetic.
Sherade
City Commander

Postby Sunstar » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:08 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Danish-Liokaiser wrote:And besides, i do OWN some real Lead-painted Tf's, and im still alive :-P ... sigh*

http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewto ... 24614&sid=

And i know alot of Danish people who own these lead-paintet IGA's aswell.

Just dont lick/Eat lead-paintet things ...

EDIT* these peps i know had there IGA's since there childhood ... and they are still alive aswell ! ... :-P
Maybe we should all just calm down a little about this whole lead thing, it is only dangerous for kids there put stuffs in there mouth.

Lead can be absorbed through the skin. So handiling is a hazard. My mother works with lead solder and lead-lead for her stained glass windows. she goes in for blood testing every now and again. she handles it allot but so far no big problem. I am talking about raw lead.

What is in paint is probably not a big deal really. Just overprotective and paranoia going on. I feel for china.
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Courage: 7

Postby Sherade » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:10 pm

Sunstar wrote:Lead can be absorbed through the skin. So handiling is a hazard. My mother works with lead solder and lead-lead for her stained glass windows. she goes in for blood testing every now and again. she handles it allot but so far no big problem. I am talking about raw lead.

What is in paint is probably not a big deal really. Just overprotective and paranoia going on. I feel for china.

I heard that hand washing is a big help in lead handling.
Sherade
City Commander

Postby Sunstar » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:31 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sherade wrote:
Sunstar wrote:Lead can be absorbed through the skin. So handiling is a hazard. My mother works with lead solder and lead-lead for her stained glass windows. she goes in for blood testing every now and again. she handles it allot but so far no big problem. I am talking about raw lead.

I heard that hand washing is a big help in lead handling.

She's pretty careful with it, but accidents happen. for example, it sucks big time to have hot molten solder land on your hand. I've done that before. Handwashing helps. As where the toys are concerned. Few people wash thier hands after handling the toys. Few people wash hands after a lot of things. so, it can get absorbed in the skin and in the mouth.
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Courage: 7

Postby Fireblast » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:53 pm

Didn't I read this news article a few months back around the time Mattel showed their true colors wanting to kill people?
Fireblast
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E 0124IM242 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP200474 5A (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM897 (CA) Lullabi (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #2 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 JUL090906 9RI (CA) Atkins (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR239178 (CA) Marz (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518B 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #4 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 FEB094332 4RI (A/CA) Johnson (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #4 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220461 2RI (CA)Peniche"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR230038 1A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON