This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Premium Series Movie Toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Premium Series Movie Toys

Postby Briggs » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:07 pm

Kinda cool, but kinda ticks me off. Will think twice now before I go and buy anymore Transformers. Would much rather have these then the ones we all bought previously.

http://www.allspark.com/news/new-transf ... 71202.html

(enjoy, Skywarp)
Briggs
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:13 pm

More repaint, thats old news for Hasbro.

New head sculpts, well there's something to be said for that, I personaly like the origionals better, but at least they're trying, not that hard, but trying none the less

:?

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Bumblebee-otch » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:14 pm

man, that is dissapointing! megatron looks 100X better, though!
Thanks, Tweezy
Bumblebee-otch
Brainmaster

Postby fartripper67 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:18 pm

Weapon: Energy Blades
Too bad the new head sculpts look like garbage.
fartripper67
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10+

Postby Briggs » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:23 pm

ONce we figure out who will be getting what toys (exclusives or not) I might consider getting some of them if I can sell some of my current ones, which of course, will have to be for next to nothing.. lol
Briggs
Headmaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:41 pm

Front Paged and Credited.

So it seems we now know why the Animated line has been pushed back so far, Hasbro wants to milk the Movie line for all it is worth.

I will be skipping the majority, if not all of this line for two reasons, firstly one version of most of the movie toys is more than enough and secondly to discourage Hasbro from making better versions after releasing inferior quality versions of the exact same products for 6-9 months beforehand.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Briggs » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:44 pm

i_amtrunks wrote:Front Paged and Credited.

So it seems we now know why the Animated line has been pushed back so far, Hasbro wants to milk the Movie line for all it is worth.

I will be skipping the majority, if not all of this line for two reasons, firstly one version of most of the movie toys is more than enough and secondly to discourage Hasbro from making better versions after releasing inferior quality versions of the exact same products for 6-9 months beforehand.

*signed* I've decided to just repaint what I need to.

Well, maybe just Jazz. And Bumblebee.

Might want tha Prime head and sword too.

Ahghhh.. must stand my ground.
Briggs
Headmaster

Postby zemper » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:46 pm

wow. Hasbro can really make the old toys go blonk in comparison to the new ones. how come they couldn't have included Prime's sword in the original release? and how come the paint apps may these toys look freaky awesome?

yeah right, i'll end my rant here. will get stumped again by the others who'll hit us again with Hasbro-this, Hasbro-that mumbo-jumbo and say we're whining again.

i give up on the movie line. just not worth going the extra mile, only to have something much better replace the old ones. that is, until i can get my grubby hands on some of the Autobots...

:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Postby Quaternion » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:54 pm

Weapon: Dual Impact Maces
Ha! I knew it! That is why I never bought the original leader megs. That and he looked really really stupid.

That's how Hasbro gets you!
Quaternion
Fuzor
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Sentinel Pax » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:01 pm

Optimus' new head looks kind of weird. Megatron looks a lot better than the original release. Wonder how well these will sell, or if people will avoid buying more of the same figures.
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby Zeds » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:03 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Look forward to seeing what they all look like.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Bluesummers » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:07 pm

Can someone mirror the images? The link now says "Under construction..."
Bluesummers
Minibot

Postby Geekee1 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:22 pm

I really don't want to buy anymore movie molds. I guess I'll wait to see them in person before I decide to buy.
Geekee1
Godmaster
News Credits: 7

Re: Premium Series Movie Toys

Postby skywarp-2 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:23 pm

nice!!!:grin:
Briggs wrote:Kinda cool, but kinda ticks me off. Will think twice now before I go and buy anymore Transformers. Would much rather have these then the ones we all bought previously.

http://www.allspark.com/news/new-transf ... 71202.html

(enjoy, Skywarp)

I love em!!! finally, and Prime gets an arm sword!!! Hasbro is milking, but hey... I don't care!! i will play along, and then sell off the first batch.. :grin:
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby TheStarScreamer » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:33 pm

Bluesummers wrote:Can someone mirror the images? The link now says "Under construction..."

Try this:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimghost ... imgid=6201

Defintiely getting Starscream and Blackout (if they do his paint right this time). Just painted my Leader Megs tonight and customized him (better than this looks) and I see nothing really better about Barricade, Ironhide, Jazz, or Prime.
TheStarScreamer
Minibot

Postby Sgt.Schnitzel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:37 pm

Well, Well, Well, I guess missing out on the original leader prime did pay off for a better opportunity!
Sgt.Schnitzel
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Bluesummers » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:50 pm

Thanks so much, StarScreamer! :D

Indeed, I have to see these in person before I decide to buy. I see no difference with Barricade, Jazz, and Ironhide.

The thought of buying Leader Prime and Megs again makes me gag, but they so desperately needed the metallic finish (and I'm too damn untalented to do it myself). Prime seems to have a different head mold, and it looks funny from that shot...again, I'll need close-ups to make a final judgment.
Bluesummers
Minibot

Postby ultra tron » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:01 am

O.k all this premeium series repaints and still no Leader SS, BC or bigger blackout?
ultra tron
Combiner

Postby TheStarScreamer » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:04 am

Well, I mean, there's no bigger Starscream, BC, of BO to repaint into a premium figure. :shock:
TheStarScreamer
Minibot

Postby Bumblethumper » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:09 am

A while back I posted here bemoaning the fact that fan repaints look so much better than the official versions.

Then they give us these which are an improvement on what they offered before, but typical fanbitch, I still don't like it.

I guess I'm bored of the Movie-formers at this point in time, even though there's still a few good ones that have yet to show up over here. Besides there's no guarantee that these will show up here either, so I guess I'll stick with what I have. Bring on the animated figures already.
Bumblethumper
Headmaster

Postby Raymond101 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:30 am

Holy crap will the Leader versions be out in Australia?

I wonder when it's coming out in Hong Kong too?
Transformers 00, a Transformers/Gundam 00 fanfiction. Check it out if you're interested! :)
Raymond101
Brainmaster

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:35 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
No.

We aren't playing this game.

This isn't Star Wars.

No.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Lord T » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:59 am

So they managed to give Megs a new head but failed to give him a new flap to conceal it in 'jet' mode? Daaaamn.

But otherwise he looks great. Pity these will never see a UK release.
Lord T
Minibot

Postby Jazzz » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:06 am

getting Megatron and Jazz.
My Prime is already shiny. though He coulduse some shine in his bumper. But repainting it with silver is way cheaper.
Maybe Bumblebbe but I like the stealth version more.
damn you Hasbro and your repaints.
Jazzz
Combiner

Postby Jazzz » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:20 am

Getting Blackout and Ironhide.
I'll get reprolabels for Barricade.
Starscream is a yes.
Finally a silver Jazz.
Finally movie accurate Megatron
And Prime just has yellow soldiers and a new head.
...and a sword. dammit.
I'll have to try selling my leader classes to my friends.
darn I'm gonna have to get a new yellow Bumblebee anyways. his shoulders fell off.
good thing Animated won't come out till June.
Jazzz
Combiner

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ONLAUGHT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Bruticus 2016 230903A"
ONLAUGHT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON