This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New UK Transformers comic (?!)

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

New UK Transformers comic (?!)

Postby Denyer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:27 pm

http://transfans.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6341

Hi there. My name is Steve White. I'm going to be editing the new TF comic in the UK, due out from Titan in July to coincide with the movie release. We're working pretty far ahead and what I was hoping for was readers letters/artwork that we can run in the first couple of issues, which will be wrapped before the first one actually hits the streets. Any help gratefully received. Email me at steve.white@titanemail.com

Part reprint, part original material.
The comic will be mostly movie continuity, serialising the IDW prequel material. However, we will be originating our 10-page strips, written by Si Furman. We have various artists lined up; first issue should see the return of Geoff Senior whose keen to have a go for old time's sake. That's TBC but looks pretty solid.

Wow.

Seems to be legit -- that is the domain Titan Books use for contact.
Denyer
Minibot
News Credits: 27

Postby Hotrod » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up! Front paged and credited!
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
So combining IDW with Bay continuities? This will require a lot of thought. I hope Furman's up for it!
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Denyer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:07 pm

IDW are already using the Bay continuity for the prequel/movie series. Am curious how Furman's going to tie into those within the remit allowed by the producers though; there've been quite a few restrictions on what IDW could and couldn't do with the prequel series.

I'm not just going by the mail address in the post, incidentally -- that's the address the Transfans forum account is registered with.

Nice that the kids'll be getting a comic that doesn't have dumbed-down language, much as we did with Marvel UK back in the day. Hope it goes down well.
Denyer
Minibot

Postby Yeti » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:17 pm

The return of Geoff Senior!! Awesome!! Now if I could only get a hold of it in New Zealand :(
Yeti
Micromaster
News Credits: 5

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:37 pm

Oh, no pictures

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby DetectiveFork » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:06 am

****. The awesome Geoff Senior finally comes back and it's to work on this movie ****. IDW needs him for G1.
DetectiveFork
Mini-Con

Postby Denyer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:43 am

Bit of update --

SW:

A few titbits of interest. Andy Wildman and Nick Roche have joined the artist ranks.

Also, the first free gift (if that's your thang) will be TF dogtags - Autobot and Decepticon. FYI, first issue goes on sale 19th July.

Had a truly massive (and surprisingly) international response to my posting, which I'm very pleased about. Anybody sending in art or letters to my email address - can you mark it FAN ART please.
Denyer
Minibot

Postby Hotrod » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:42 pm

Denyer wrote:Bit of update --

SW:

A few titbits of interest. Andy Wildman and Nick Roche have joined the artist ranks.

Also, the first free gift (if that's your thang) will be TF dogtags - Autobot and Decepticon. FYI, first issue goes on sale 19th July.

Had a truly massive (and surprisingly) international response to my posting, which I'm very pleased about. Anybody sending in art or letters to my email address - can you mark it FAN ART please.

Front paged and credited.

This is proving to be interesting to say the least.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Ramrider » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:24 pm

Blimey... are we actually gonna get a decent UK comic for a change? The recent UK fare has been awful, and aimed at far too young a market to be readable.
Ramrider
Gestalt

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:34 pm

...let the pieces fall where they may...

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Denyer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:36 pm

Ramrider wrote:Blimey... are we actually gonna get a decent UK comic for a change? The recent UK fare has been awful, and aimed at far too young a market to be readable.

His comment over there was "As for fears about a Panini-style title, it'll be over my putrescent, maggot-blown corpse before that happens."

So, fingers crossed...
Denyer
Minibot

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:07 pm

What about shipping out some copies to the countries that still recognize the Queen as their head of state huh?
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Burn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:57 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
i_amtrunks wrote:What about shipping out some copies to the countries that still recognize the Queen as their head of state huh?

Because no such countries exist! ;;)
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Denyer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:38 am

Good news, everyone! [/Farnsworth]
SW:

FYI, Geoff is now confirmed for issue 1 - don't worry, I'll be leaning on him, although he is very excited, well, excited enough to come out of comics retirement...

We're also pushing worldwide subscriptions on this title - we have it on a lot of Titan titles and I think this one is just begging for it.
Denyer
Minibot

Postby Leonardo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:51 am

I'm reasonably excited about this, although IDW's Escalation, Soundwave spotlight, Kup spotlight, Galvatron spotlight and Megatron origin are more than enough to keep me going for the moment.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Psychout » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:00 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
Has Spotlight: Soundwave been released yet?
Im certainI have read it, the references made megatron in it have stayed in my head (for so many reasons), but i cannot find the issue anywhere in my collection, nor can i find any preview of it that i could have read previosuly.

Maybe im just going mental... :?
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Leonardo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:03 am

No, it hasn't been released. It's supposed to be out this month with Escalation #5.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Psychout » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:10 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Its the probably the package Royal Mail failed to deliver to my house on tuesday then...

Cant wait to see this. Lets hope the UK version is up to the same standards!
Psychout
HMW Moderator

Postby Denyer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:21 am

Psychout wrote:Has Spotlight: Soundwave been released yet?
Im certain I have read it,

Fractal Matter did an advance review. That might be what you're thinking of.
Denyer
Minibot

Postby Leonardo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:27 am

Psychout wrote:Its the probably the package Royal Mail failed to deliver to my house on tuesday then...

Egad, they failed to deliver a package to my house on Tuesday also. I have to pick it up Saturday morning before they close at 12 noon.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Psychout » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:35 am

Leonardo wrote:
Psychout wrote:Its the probably the package Royal Mail failed to deliver to my house on tuesday then...

Egad, they failed to deliver a package to my house on Tuesday also. I have to pick it up Saturday morning before they close at 12 noon.

You get til 12? I have to be at mine by 11 and they usually close early. Lazy Northerners...
Psychout
HMW Moderator

Postby Leonardo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:37 am

Psychout wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

You get til 12? I have to be at mine by 11 and they usually close early. Lazy Northerners...

O yes, you're in Sheffield, aren't you? Where's your nearest depot?
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Psychout » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:49 am

Woodseats of Abbeydale Road. Luckily its only a 15 min hungover stagger from my house, but that still means getting up on a Saturday whilst the clock still says AM.

Criminal I tell you!

Denyer wrote:Fractal Matter did an advance review. That might be what you're thinking of.

Hmmm... its very possible, especially if it has been news'd here in the past.

From what i remember it was brilliant, cant wait to really read it.
Psychout
HMW Moderator

Postby Leonardo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:55 am

Psychout wrote:Woodseats of Abbeydale Road. Luckily its only a 15 min hungover stagger from my house, but that still means getting up on a Saturday whilst the clock still says AM.

Criminal I tell you!

Could be worse. You could be walking at night through Manor, Ecclesfield or Filth Park.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON