This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers - Identification & Price Guide

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Transformers - Identification & Price Guide

Postby Stormrider » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:30 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
A new Transformers Identification & Price Guide published by Krause Publications (April 25, 2007), can be pre-order through Amazon.com. The paperback is 256 pages and includes color images and prices. See the description below:

Book Description

*Transformers' pop culture icon status is rising - with DreamWorks Pictures poised to release a live-action Transformers movie in 2007

*Transformers are hot auction items - a first-edition figure of Autobot leader Optimus Prime recently sold for $1,100

Transformers dominated the toy universe in the 1980s, and the "robots in disguise" that waged an intergalactic battle of good versus evil are wildly popular collectibles today. In this definite reference, you will discover complete descriptions and secondary market pricing for Autobots and Decepticons illustrated by 1,000 color photos. Transformers toys are "more than meets the eye," and this volume will effectively guide you through their universe.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby TFBuyer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:47 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I may actually get this. I wonder if it's got EVERYTHING--I'm not too well-versed on Japanese TFs, those in the Headmaster/Micromaster era, or European exclusives...

Recent TF Purchases--Transformers Power of the Primes!
TFBuyer
Headmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby Air Commander Starscream » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:50 pm

Motto: ""Decepticons Forever!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Yea the book does sound interesting.
Air Commander Starscream
News Admin
News Credits: 337
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby Black Bumblebee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:38 pm

Eh... unless it goes into rarities, this seems to just be a book made to capitalize on the success of the movie and not for me. I already have my Cybertronian TRGs, 3 Alverez books, and a few other guides that I can't think of now...

This book has a picture of Bumblebee on the cover. :-/

However, I'll check it out if I see it in a bookstore and thumb through it.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Prowl76 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:11 pm

Motto: "Can't live by logical thinking alone."
Weapon: Wind Funnel Producing Laser
I may have to pick this up.
Prowl76
Godmaster
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:34 pm

I can sum this book up on a post card: Any TF is worth more than gold if your hearts into collecing them, otherwise, it's just worthless diecast parts and plastic.

For me, my hearts in it!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Psychout » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:24 pm

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
Making money out of 'how to make money' books.

Thanks Amazon, as if there arent enough scalpers as it is...
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1

Postby God Magnus » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:47 am

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
I'd have to see how the pictures are layed out before I decided if I wanted it. I already own (and love) the TRGs. I don't need a price guide. That'll be crap in a couple months, if it isn't already.
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
God Magnus
Godmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:59 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
A prime sold for $1100 damn. How do you tell if a figure is first edition? Do they just mean G1?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7

Postby Bonger » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:28 am

Eh, MISB C-9 G1 Prime went on ebay a cpl months back for 4300.
Bonger
City Commander

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARN + NICKEL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
TARN + NICKEL Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REFORMATTING MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2024 New"
NEW!
REFORMATTING MEGAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Pocket Keychain Dangler 1.5" 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Jumbo Transformers UNICRON Vinyl Figure #103 SDCC convention 2022 New"
Funko Pop! Jumbo T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 1 Retro Figure 2020 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" dino figure WV2 figure 2023"
GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOMBSHELL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV1 2022 New"
BOMBSHELL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON