This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New G1 Prime Knockoff Out! Buyer Beware!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New G1 Prime Knockoff Out! Buyer Beware!

Postby GetterDragun » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:42 pm

We know that there is a G1 knockoff Prime out already, but there is a new knockoff out where they fixed the issues with the box! The original KO had a Grey border along the top of the box, which was the giveaway, the new KO does not! The only way to tell is that the background goes straight across on the new KO box, where as on the real one, the border is not perfectly straight across.

Here is the auctions on Yahoo Japan (you might need to log in to see it):
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r35645824

EDIT: I AM INCORRECT ABOUT THE NOTCH IN THE WINDOW, SOME LATER VERSIONS OF G1 PRIME HAD THAT. THERE IS NO WAY TO DISTINGUISH AS OF YET!

Here are the images for reference:

Original KO:

New KO:

Real G1 Prime:
Last edited by GetterDragun on Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:47 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Would the borders around the pictures also be a give away?
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby DISCHARGE » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:48 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Thanks for the tip. I've seen a lot of those on ebay recently and was pretty sure they were knock offs. Any time an influx of any Transformers appears online in pristine boxes buyers should beware and use common sense.
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby 1337W422102 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:55 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Be vigilant, mates. Thanks for the heads-up, GetterDragun!
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:08 pm

i still cant tell a ko from an original. sad huh?
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1

Postby 1337W422102 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:23 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Ninja Sixshot wrote:i still cant tell a ko from an original. sad huh?

Then stay away from eBay, or whatever other auction sites these crooks are trying to sell these bootlegs on.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:26 pm

well i dont even buy from any online retailers so i think im safe(unless they put them in some stores)
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper

Postby Noisemaze » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:35 pm

And now that it has been reported, they'll fix it again!
Noisemaze
Minibot

Postby GetterDragun » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:50 pm

I was wrong, the notch isn't the way to tell as later G1 Primes didn't have it. This is just like the swoop I guess, no way to tell.

Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander

Postby Super Megatron » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:24 pm

Motto: "Smashing Optimus Prime toys is the freedom of all sentient beings."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Nothing new. This is just a way to take money from people with an obsession for certain toys or characters that shouldn't worth more than $20 and milk their money for it. Nothing wrong with buying a used Optimus Prime or for that matter, who cares if it is a KO or not. It's just Optimus Prime, not like they haven't made a bijillion versions of it already.
Super Megatron
Vehicon
News Credits: 16
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby GetterDragun » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:38 pm

Super Megatron wrote:Nothing new. This is just a way to take money from people with an obsession for certain toys or characters that shouldn't worth more than $20 and milk their money for it. Nothing wrong with buying a used Optimus Prime or for that matter, who cares if it is a KO or not. It's just Optimus Prime, not like they haven't made a bijillion versions of it already.

Cause if you are expecting an original, it sucks to know you got ripped off with a fake.

Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander

Postby Mighty Scorponok » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:54 pm

Thats good to know, but if the difference is so minor, then i suppose not to many peoplewould care. Unless someone was to buy one from e-bay or so... or beeing a ie hard collector...
Mighty Scorponok
Targetmaster

Postby Mighty Scorponok » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:55 pm

Yeah, nd i mean bussiness wise, its still a really good made KO anyway...
Mighty Scorponok
Targetmaster

Postby skyrinkfusion » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:59 pm

do all the KO have 1980s as the copyright date on the toy and box?

also, I still dont understand why Hasbro and/or the police wont crack down on these companies...it cant be THAT hard to crack down large shipments of these things being manufactured in a huge factory
skyrinkfusion
Micromaster

Postby shortround » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:39 pm

Wow there getting more sneaky about these things.
Serpentor "I am the one born to rule and destined to conquer. Let those who fear me, follow me. Let those who oppose me, die."
shortround
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby vectorpaulie » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:41 pm

And here i thought id seen alot of Ko's but i swear it looks almost like the real thing now i wonder the first Ko of g1 optimus has warped wheels does this one havem too or do they have it right to a T this time???
vectorpaulie
Mini-Con

Postby hyperconvoy69 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:06 am

Motto: "Execute excellently."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
By the beard of Zeus! That's diabolical! Seriously though, its a good thing we get these updates.
hyperconvoy69
Fuzor
News Credits: 2
Watch hyperconvoy69 on YouTube
Buy from hyperconvoy69 on eBay
Alt Mode: Hover Car
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Dark Ops » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:15 am

Motto: "Learn from the past, but don't get lost in it."
You know... I rather like knockoffs sometimes. You know the kind: the ones that you can spot a mile away. These though... These are /counterfeit/, and that's just wrong.
Dark Ops
Minibot
Strength: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:39 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
You think hasbro would do something about this. They are useing there trademarked names and designs. Unless hasbro is getting a cut from the bootleged figures. That would be the only reason why hasbro would let it happen. Seeing as how hasbro makes a lot of money with the Transformer brand. And also has there ever been a Rodimus Prime bootleg? I remember a few years back there were alot of Mint Japanese Rodimus Primes on ebay. Were they just re-issues or were they fake? Because i got on for $35.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby PrimulArchangel » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:48 am

People been selling these on ebay for a while now , they list right in the auction listing that its a knock off and they still make a few hundred off them.. I would buy one myself but not for more then 30$ for a KO but that will never happen because people pay hundreds or them.. I buy alot of knockoffs because there cost is cheaper then buying the real deal and most of them look great with repro lables on them.. My first knock off was a G1 Jetfire , all plastic but looks great in the lineup..
Check Out My Site , www.PrimulArchangelboxes.com for cool custom WST boxes and some full size G1 repro boxes and more :)
PrimulArchangel
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Immortal Starscream » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:30 am

i buy KO from time to time too. some are good, some are crap. but the point of a KO is that its a cheap fake. great for families with little cash, great for kitbashers and repainters. great if you want to play with your tf, and not give 2 shits if it breaks because again, it is a cheap KO

but the fact that people are now allowing these counterfiet peices to pass buy, and pay a **** load of cash for them is utterly heinous and wrong.

no way should a cheap, inferior grade, POS that has a 1 in 4 chance of actualy being decent be selling for over 100, or close to it.

the problem is, hasbro and takara reps probably arent trained to sopt diffrences between rip offs and genuine deals. plus, neither are actualy selling this toy anymore, so they wouldnt have reason to look for them. the best they could get them for is trademark infringement.

in fact, i think we should all start selling emails to hasbro, or mention this atthe hasbro panel at botcon.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:30 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Just buy from people and seller's you trust, and you should have no worries...
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Primelord » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:36 am

DISCHARGE wrote:Thanks for the tip. I've seen a lot of those on ebay recently and was pretty sure they were knock offs. Any time an influx of any Transformers appears online in pristine boxes buyers should beware and use common sense.

Yes, thats true. I have seen a sudden influx of G1 prime, G1 swoop, G1 seaspray and G1 beachcomber appearing at ebay. I start to suspect and never really bid on them. All are so perfect condition that its just impossible for more than 20yr old toy...I agree with you, common sense and even sixth sense is necessary :)
Some can be spotted to be KO but some are really difficult to tell...
Primelord
Mini-Con

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:43 am

These guys are doing their homework! I never would have caught that!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby gogleman374 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:50 am

****, I want one. Anybody know where to buy one online? Other then Ebay
gogleman374
Targetmaster

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mini-Con SURESHOCK Transformers Energon complete 2004 Perceptor Street Action"
Mini-Con SURESHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRUELLOCK Transformers Energon Class complete Hasbro 2004 230427B"
CRUELLOCK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRT BOSS Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d3h7 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
DIRT BOSS Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 190518"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON SABER Transformers Energon Class complete + more 2004 230427B **AS-IS**"
ENERGON SABER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Warrior Class ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse 2018 New"
Warrior Class ENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNOW CAT Transformers Energon Combat Class complete + instructions 2004 230427A"
SNOW CAT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DARK ENERGON SHOCKWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020"
DARK ENERGON SHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST JET MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190518"
SKYBLAST JET MODE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET ACTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Energon complete 2004 Perceptor 230805A"
STREET ACTION MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dgt3 key Hasbro 2006 231101A"
UNICRON Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON