This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SonyWonder Goes Under; Future of Transformers DVD's Uncertain

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

SonyWonder Goes Under; Future of Transformers DVD's Uncertain

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:20 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby God Magnus » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:33 am

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
Hmm. Well, I was interested in seeing what they might have done about remastering and their extras but I'm comfortable sticking with my Rhino DVDs.
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
God Magnus
Godmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:39 am

bummer

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:05 pm

Weapon: Sword
I'm glad I didn't sell off my Rhino set.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Rodimus2006 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:32 pm

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I have all the original Rhino's but my season 1 dvd box set is wore out and playing bad I was hoping for these but I knew it was to good to be true. When something is too good to be true it usually is, just like The Headmasters, RiD, Victory, Super God Master Force will never be seen on DVD cause of Legal Limbo. I knew something stupid would happen and these would never get done were lucky that we even got a remastered 1986 movie done and that was lucky.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby SnapTrap » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Rodimus2006 wrote:I have all the original Rhino's but my season 1 dvd box set is wore out and playing bad I was hoping for these but I knew it was to good to be true. When something is too good to be true it usually is, just like The Headmasters, RiD, Victory, Super God Master Force will never be seen on DVD cause of Legal Limbo. I knew something stupid would happen and these would never get done were lucky that we even got a remastered 1986 movie done and that was lucky.

If the live action movie is a hit, I'm sure somebody will want to get their hands on this and release it. Besides I'm sure it will be released down the line on blu ray or HD DVD. You will just have to wait longer.
SnapTrap
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:57 pm

Damn, I still need Season 1 too. This does not please me, nooooooo.
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Xtro Guyver_1606 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:11 pm

Is it just me or can't sony get anything right as of late
Xtro Guyver_1606
Mini-Con

Postby Kayevcee » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:10 pm

"Headmasters, RiD, Victory, Super God Master Force will never be seen on DVD cause of Legal Limbo"

Er... at least three of those series are available on region-free DVD from Metrodome in the UK. I'm not sure if RiD is region-encoded, but it's out there. A couple of my friends have it, and I've got the first disk from the aborted "volumes" release. I thoroughly recommend Masterforce as well- I'd only ever watched it with the bad-but-funny Star dub, and the original soundtrack adds so much that the dub misses out. The Seacons make weird yet awesome noises.

Shame about the Sony bunch. They did a fantastic job on TF:TM.

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon
News Credits: 3

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:54 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
If those boxed sets were reasonably priced, I would have bought some of them. At least Season 1, and maybe asked for Season 2 for Christmas/Birthday/etc. But for now, my torrented Rhino rips are good enough.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby Screambug » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:13 pm

Maybe wait another five to ten years and the videos would be re-released once again? :???:
Screambug
Vehicon

Postby DeltaSeeker » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:18 pm

Maybe Paramount can pick it up?
DeltaSeeker
Mini-Con

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:32 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
On another note, "DVD's" is not possessive, so you don't need the apostrophe.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby Sunstar » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:03 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Bummer. Frag, slag, sons of a cessna. Drat. I'd like to see energon and cybertron released sometime :(
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:06 pm

Transformers has embedded itself in the ranks of pop culture. Someone else will pick up the name.

Rhino just released all the US episodes, and they are still fairly easy to find, and you can get a poor dub copy of the Japanesse series fairly cheap on Ebay.

Outside of the Japanesse Beast Wars, RID, Energon and Cybertron, I have all each series (not counting the Robot Masters shorts, but YouTube can get you those) You can even get Zone and Scramble City on Ebay as well.

I'm with God Magnus, I would have liked to see the extras that they came up with. But otherwise, it's not like the episodes are hard to find. Hell get a DVD player that's PAL compatible, and you can get all 98 episodes in that nice collectors box for a fraction of the price that you'd be charged in US retail!

Best of luck to those who go hunting now!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Dragonslayer » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:17 pm

Motto: "Howdy, dammit!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Aw crap. I was hoping to get the rest of Season 2 and Season 3 without having to bid on eBay again :sad:
Wingz wrote:His servos bring all Naval Strikes 'Cons to the yard
Dragonslayer
Gestalt
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Classified
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Collector Maximus » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:35 pm

Glad I have the complete rhino release. :D

Seibertron's #1 Cure fan!
Collector Maximus
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby metalformer » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:05 pm

Motto: ""Life is an Eternal War for Survival!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
That's just "Prime".! >_<
metalformer
Minibot
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby Autobotasan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:10 pm

Oh well...

*Retorrents series*
Autobotasan
Mini-Con

Postby i_amtrunks » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Lucky I got my Madman dvd's, they are more than good enough for me.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Fang Wolf » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:45 pm

I'm with Trunks here, aswell as I want Sony to go under, I realy dislike them as a company and especialy how they are treating the PAL regions.
Fang Wolf
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Salazaar » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:21 pm

SuperSaiyajinSasuke wrote:I'm with Trunks here, aswell as I want Sony to go under, I realy dislike them as a company and especialy how they are treating the PAL regions.

DBZ rox. just throwin' it out there.
Salazaar

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:37 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Dammit I was hoping they would do the whole series of G.I.JOE
since Rhino cut us short by not releasing season 2 part 2
and the DIC episodes.
well at least they remastered the TF movie and gave all the extras that any tf fan would enjoy, but still there needs to be a company that won't sell us short and give us fans what we want!
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Swerve » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:19 am

Did I miss the part where it said Sony lost the rights to the Sunbow license? Sonywonder may have folded but the rights still belong to Sony. I don't see any reason why Sony wouldn't release these under their BMG or any number of other sub-labels they have. It isn't like they are going to allow another company distribution rights, especially with the marketing of Transformers items and the movie coming right around the corner.

The two most valuable of the Sunbow properties are Transformers and GI Joe. Transformers is the only one of those that has actually been confirmed to be released by Sony on DVD. I could easily see them also cashing in on the 25th anniversary of GI Joe with the new figures being released this summer.

I don't see any reason to call for concern about them not releasing, at the very least, the Transformers DVD set just yet. If Sony went to all the trouble to remaster Transformers The Movie and even restore the widescreen version and make all the great extras, what makes you think they haven't already started or even completed a good majority of the G1 series? They made a preview back when the movie DVD was realeased and remastering the series obviously takes some time. They already announced a 2007 release and you'd imagine it would be around the time the new movie comes out. I can't imagine Sony missing out the oportunity to cash in on this license.
Swerve
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Black Bumblebee » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:30 am

I've still got my Rhino DVDs, but I was really hoping for someone to pick this up. I always felt like there was "something" a bit off with the Rhino series... and then I saw this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtCQaRAfIgc I understand now what they were "trying" to do, but just looking at the comparison between one episode, its obvious that all they did was mess up the episodes even more!
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #51 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 16RI (CA) Hutchison"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #89 Cvr B IDW Comics 2013 89B (W)Furman (CA) Guidi"
Transformers REGEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS ONE-SHOT Sub Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Griffith 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210492 Ramondelli"
Transformers HALLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926Y"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #43 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 MAR220502 43B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS #43 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #17 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221592 17B (CA) Bell"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 14RI (CA) Hutchison"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #3 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915N"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #26 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 OCT200416 26B (CA) Monfort (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #26 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON