This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Michael Bay Update: 102 Days Left

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Michael Bay Update: 102 Days Left

Postby Hotrod » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:53 pm

Michael Bay has posted a small update in his forums at Shootfortheedit.com. In this latest update Bay talks about still writing the robot voices and about some of the recent events involving the Transformers Movie. Here is what Bay posted:

"Almost a 100 days left. I guess I should start posting every week? I've been working my ass off - the cut is really coming along -the shots ---awesome. Some of the most difficult renders in ILM history. Sometimes up to 38 hours per frame. The Show West thing was fun to see the scenes play in a 1000 person house. But they just saw 25 minutes so it is hard to feel engaged because they are not seeing the full run of a movie. Harry called me to tell me how he loved it. I see all the dickwad talk back people who claim they have read a finished script. Impossible - I kept the only draft for the last two months before shooting. That's where did major retooling to the script - yes the scene beats are similar but a very different script. We are still writing the robot voices. They talk about just 20 minutes of action at the end - yeah right. This is by far the most action I have ever put into a movie - I have 12 huge set pieces. Boy I get tired of these lame cry babies on the net.

BAY"
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby mattyc1007 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:02 pm

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
first post yay

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby TheMuffin » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:03 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Can I shake this mans hand?

mattyc1007 wrote:first post yay

This isn't gametrailers. Post something relevant next time or I'll ninja kick your ass.
Last edited by TheMuffin on Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby mattyc1007 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:03 pm

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
oh yeah we dont really need to know how long till it comes out because weve got our on clock right here on seibs

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4

Postby Leonardo » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:08 pm

TheMuffin wrote:This isn't gametrailers.

:lol: I found this far funnier than I probably should have.

More action than he's ever put into a movie? Aren't Bay's films all action?

Anyway, at least we don't have any cry babies here. :-s
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Seibertron » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:10 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I remember when that timer had over 500 or 600 days on it. Man that was a long ass time ago already. I can't believe that we've known about this movie for almost 4 years now. Hell, I can't believe that Seibertron.com will be 7 years old this summer already. We'll have to send the site off to 2nd Grade!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3553
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:11 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
TheMuffin wrote:Can I shake this mans hand?

This isn't gametrailers. Post something relevant next time or I'll ninja kick your ass.

Bwaahahahaha :lol:

Hey if anything, Bay is brutally honest. I don't care what he thinks of the fans... it doesn't bug me for some reason. I don't think I'll ever meet the guy so it would be silly of me to hold a grudge against him.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Barricade » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:14 pm

Motto: ""to punish and enslave...""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
TheMuffin wrote:Can I shake this mans hand?

bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for the movie i'll pass judgement on july 4th =)
Barricade
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Michael Bay Update: 102 Days Left

Postby AbsumZer0 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:18 pm

Hotrod wrote: We are still writing the robot voices. They talk about just 20 minutes of action at the end - yeah right. This is by far the most action I have ever put into a movie - I have 12 huge set pieces.

Awww yeah. The dialogue and characterization of the Transformers is so important that they haven't even written it yet! Take that all you haters who've been saying the robots are just going to be generic monsters whose personalities are irrelevant to the plot!
AbsumZer0
Headmaster Jr

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:22 pm

**** YOU, BAY

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TheMuffin » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:25 pm

Nemesis_Apoc wrote:**** YOU, BAY

Yeah....Uncalled for. Would you like to take another swing at it?
TheMuffin
Faction Commander

Postby bumblezzz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:30 pm

Leonardo wrote:

no cry babies. Ive seen like a million cry babies posts on here about the film. still good that the ROBOTS HAVE CHARACTER AND ARE NOT JUST A BUNCH OF MOVIE MONSTERS. HOW CAN YOU MAKE A TRANSFORMERS MOVIE WITH OUT ROBOTS WITH PERSONALLITYS WHAT DO YOU THINK HE IS FREAKING RETARTED. The only retards are the criers. This movie will be a masterpiece no matter how pathetic things get when it comes to fandom. really what is this critic central, for christ sake think possitive.
bumblezzz
Vehicon

Postby TheMuffin » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:31 pm

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying masterpiece. But it'll be a fun 2 hour ride.
TheMuffin
Faction Commander

Postby Cap'n_falcon222 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:42 pm

Motto: "There are as many different worlds as there are observers. Never assume what you see is real."
Weapon: Battle Blades
bumblezzz wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

no cry babies. Ive seen like a million cry babies posts on here about the film. still good that the ROBOTS HAVE CHARACTER AND ARE NOT JUST A BUNCH OF MOVIE MONSTERS. HOW CAN YOU MAKE A TRANSFORMERS MOVIE WITH OUT ROBOTS WITH PERSONALLITYS WHAT DO YOU THINK HE IS FREAKING RETARTED. The only retards are the criers. This movie will be a masterpiece no matter how pathetic things get when it comes to fandom. really what is this critic central, for christ sake think possitive.

Critic central? I think you're thinking of Tformers.com.
I am the ghost that lives in this forum's attic. It is dusty up here.
Cap'n_falcon222
Mini-Con
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Courage: 10

Postby the purifyer » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:04 pm

Well Bay you can't have your cake and eat it too.
Does every big shot in Hollywood have to think they're Master, Commander and overall dictator of what we should like and hate?
If he doesn't like people getting into an uproar about what he's doing then:
A) He shouldn't have picked Transformers.
B) He should have done by the book.
C) He shouldn't have tried to alienate us as another genre of nerds and discount whatever we had to say.
Seriously he's been in the movie business for how many years? I think he needs to get more of a grip.

At least Don tried somewhat to put up with our crap.

Sorry needed to vent just get a little tired of Bay's shenanigans. I know, I know, beating a dead horse...
the purifyer
Combiner
News Credits: 4

Postby Acecool » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:08 pm

What is the saying?

Cartman has a theme park, Micheal bay keeps getting to make movies, there is no god.

Is he taking lessons from george bush now?

"They talk about just 20 minutes of action at the end - yeah right."

What the hell does this mean? Is he saying that they talk through out the movie? Is he saying that the last twenty minutes they don't talk? I am confused.

"Sometimes up to 38 hours per frame."
Typical, we get to replace something good with something high tech. Why do I need to know that it took 38 hours for a frame? What does this say about the movie?
Acecool
Mini-Con

Postby partholon » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:21 pm

ive pretty much stayed away from bays site but have to admit the guy comes off as a total tool. way too defensive with a real " your either with me or my enemy" complex. i mean FFS grow up.

as to the film i too cant believe how quickly times gone by. literally less than 4 months to go (we wont get it july 4th in ireland :sad: ) so i'll probably get it first on pirate. but i am starting to get a good vibe about it. it wont look fecking anything like transformers but at least it'll have a mature approach to it and peter will bring a tear to my eye when he first starts talking. thats when i'll know if it works for me. :grin:

but have to say, my mates you loved TF as kids are fecking lost. showed them some pics on my phone of the line up and he was like "who!?!"
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Burn » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:23 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Acecool wrote:"Sometimes up to 38 hours per frame."
Typical, we get to replace something good with something high tech. Why do I need to know that it took 38 hours for a frame? What does this say about the movie?

That they're rolling out the best possible CGI to make the TF's as realistic and belieavable as possible.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Blozor » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:28 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Acecool wrote:What is the saying?

"They talk about just 20 minutes of action at the end - yeah right."

What the hell does this mean? Is he saying that they talk through out the movie? Is he saying that the last twenty minutes they don't talk? I am confused.

"[The critics] talk about [the previous script having] just about 20 minutes of action at the end — yeah right."

He's saying there will be a lot more action than the scripts we've seen, not that there will be a lot of action and no dialog.
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Nuke Mayhem » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:33 pm

You gotta give it too him, he's got guts not kissing ass to the naggers against the film.
Nuke Mayhem
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:34 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
bumblezzz wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

Psssst, I think that was sarcasm. What people in... "Iacon" don't get sarcasm anymore? A shame, it's a hot commodity at the moment.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Milanion » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:50 pm

I found his quote quite humorous myself, and he's got some good points.

100 days is still to long. I can't wait, I want this out now.

... and has it really been 4 years already? Holy crap!
Milanion
Combiner
News Credits: 4

Re: Michael Bay Update: 102 Days Left

Postby Seibertron » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:55 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
AbsumZer0 wrote:
Hotrod wrote: We are still writing the robot voices. They talk about just 20 minutes of action at the end - yeah right. This is by far the most action I have ever put into a movie - I have 12 huge set pieces.

Awww yeah. The dialogue and characterization of the Transformers is so important that they haven't even written it yet! Take that all you haters who've been saying the robots are just going to be generic monsters whose personalities are irrelevant to the plot!

I'm sure part of the dialogue is dependent on who they get to do the voices. If there's a big star amongst the cast, then I guarantee you that character will have more dialogue than if someone who isn't a household name gets the part. The voice acting isn't completed until the last few months of a movie. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3553
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby schlike22 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:01 pm

The "rewrites" worry me. And they are really cutting it close to the deadline for the voice actors.

WE NEED FRANK !!!!!
schlike22
Mini-Con

Postby Black Bumblebee » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:30 pm

102 days and we still don't know who the voice actors are...

...(panic!)....

There, that's out of my system now.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr J 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230482 1J (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #112 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUL230120 112C"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230250 5H (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230262 12F"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr M 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2024 Disney AUG230328 11M (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2022 Disney OCT220545 1D (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2022 Disney OCT220545 1E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230321 11F Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr M 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230290 3M (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #110 Cvr G unlockable Boom Studios Comics 2023 110G"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230450 7B (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #116 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2024 NOV230034 116B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr O 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230487 1O (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #118 Cvr F 1:25 Boom Studios Comics JAN240058 118F"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON