This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Details About Transformers and Avengers Crossover Including the First Cover

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

New Details About Transformers and Avengers Crossover Including the First Cover

Postby Hotrod » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 pm

It was officially announced at New York Comic Con that IDW and Marvel would be working on a Transformers and Avengers Crosssover that would hit shelves in July 2007. Since that time little bits of information about the crossover has surfaced. Now even more information is available. IGN has posted an article with new details about this major event. One new piece of new information from the article is each issue will have a different cover artist. The first cover will be done by Jim Cheung. Jason Pearson, Ed McGuiness, and Tom Raney will be the other three artist. To read the article and get a sneak peak at the first cover, click here.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby JazZeke » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:46 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
I'm still unsure about this fitting into continuity, but I have no doubt this will be a fun romp anyways.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby God Magnus » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:50 pm

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
"Ultimate-esque" Transformers? Now there's a crossover I would love to see. Transformers/Ultimates by Millar & Hitch? =P~ I wonder if they use that term to simply mean "out of current continuity" or if it indicates yet another different origin.
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
God Magnus
Godmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Burn » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
JazZeke wrote:I'm still unsure about this fitting into continuity, but I have no doubt this will be a fun romp anyways.

If by "fun romp" you mean "gouging your eyes out after reading the crap" like the "fun romps" i've had after previous TF crossovers, then sure ... let the romping commence! :?
Hopefully the first panel Wheelie will sit on Stark and squash him.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Matt D » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:58 pm

God Magnus wrote:"Ultimate-esque" Transformers? Now there's a crossover I would love to see. Transformers/Ultimates by Millar & Hitch? =P~ I wonder if they use that term to simply mean "out of current continuity" or if it indicates yet another different origin.

Just do what Devils Due did with their Joe TF crossovers. Say it takes place in another realm. I would love to see Gaint Man throw Megatron, or even have Iron Man and Thunder Cracker have a dog fight.
Matt D
Micromaster

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:20 am

I like that Prime!

Isn't Captain America dead?

And since when did the Avengers start ripping off the Fantastic 4 logo?

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Loki120 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:58 am

Liege Evilmus wrote:I like that Prime!

Isn't Captain America dead?

And since when did the Avengers start ripping off the Fantastic 4 logo?

The Avengers have had that logo for a long long time now.
Loki120
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:59 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
This series is looking worse all the time.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:15 am

this is gonna suck more than a vacuum cleaner. dammit, primus, was this allowed to happend?!

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby jgilkinson » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:24 am

ok yeah i'll buy it. Im a sucker for marvel
jgilkinson
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby MYoung23 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:52 am

This is supposed to take place before Civil War so Cap will be alive.

They should keep this out of the current Transformer continuity. Unless they ignore the fact that there are superheroes and villians running around Earth it will cause problems.

If I read some sort of "Autobots Assemble" or "Avengers Roll Out!" it will be the epitome of cheese.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Supreme Convoy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:40 pm

Yeah... I'm not sure if I like the "officially" in continuity thing.

But that's the inner hardcore fanboy talking. I'm all for having a fun mini-series.

And I love that cover. Jimmy Cheung rocks! (Go read Young Avengers if you haven't.)
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Stormwolf » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:54 am

Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Sounds like a complete cheesefest to me. It should be good for a couple of laughs.
Stormwolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Josh » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:49 pm

Supreme Convoy wrote: Jimmy Cheung rocks! (Go read Young Avengers if you haven't.)

personally, cant say im too impressed with the cover [which leaves me to wonder why Cheung gets all the hype he's getting >___>]

i dunno. the whole crossovers pretty meh to me. just seems like marvel tryin to get their greedy hands into some TF movie cash [not to mention milking the cap fans cuz ZOMG he's conveniently alive in this story :P]

yeah...not feelin it :P
Josh
Micromaster
News Credits: 30

Postby NuclearConvoy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Awesome picture...but I'm not certain yet how this story can make much sense...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Sentinel Pax » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:21 pm

Well, I guess we know why they didn't do a Transformers/X-Men crossover. I can just picture Magneto condensing a very unfortunate autobot into a tiny cube. I'm really not sure how this will work out, but the art looks pretty nice.
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby DerekDD92 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:57 pm

doesn't look like a good comic.There are too many issues with the marvel heroes.They should just make a transformers comic book from the ground up.
Attachments
b.jpg
b.jpg (75.05 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
DerekDD92

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobots Evac Squad HOT SPOT Transformers 2014 Voyager complete 230920A"
Protectobots Evac ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MUDFLAP Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete w/ Cyber Key v6t7 2005 231101A"
MUDFLAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109T"
NEW!
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON