This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Big Sector7 update today

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby Optimus_julio » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:45 pm

i saw does videos in you tube like 6 months ago !!!
Optimus_julio
Micromaster

Postby edcomics » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:47 pm

I've seen that Grimlock footage before. I wouldn't be surprised if those were fan-made videos. The Kickback(?) footage was pretty amusing, but too quick to get a really clear look at anything. It was cool, though. It at least shows you can do some very cool stuff with G1 robots. I never even expected 100% accuracy from the movie, but these small film clips are 100% accurate and look great.
edcomics
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby BOSSC351 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Grimlock was friggin awesome
BOSSC351
Mini-Con

Postby Optimus_julio » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:06 pm

Optimus_julio
Micromaster

Postby Optimus_julio » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:10 pm

i dont know where to send info that i found online so i will copy and paste it here

Transformers 2.5 Hours Long, Welker Confirmed In Another Role?
According to an interview with Shia LaBeouf from Collider.com while promoting his movie Disturbia, Transformers might be a 2 and half hour long movie with 20 set pieces or action sequences if the Spider-Man analogy is an indication. Also just as important is this is the first movie insider confirmation that Frank Welker may still voice one of the Transformers in the movie, even if its not Megatron.

From the interview:

On the running time and the amount of action he said:
It's going to be long. He's going to give you a lot. You've got 20 set pieces. You like at Spider-Man and it had five big action sequences — five set pieces. We have 20, and you've got to get storyline in, you've got to get the narrative in — so a lot of explanation. You can’t just have robots fighting for no reason. You've got to explain it. The movies going to run, I think, about two and a half.

And then I asked him why all of Michael Bay’s movies look like all the money was spent on screen and I got an extremely honest response:
Because he’s not putting all the actors in huge trailers, and we’re not staying in four class resorts and craft service isn’t shrimp cocktail. It’s a movie set and all the money is going into the film. You feel it on set. You know none of us got paid millions of dollars to be in that movie. That’s one of the lowest paying jobs I’ve been in, in my career. And that’s the way it goes. You do that movie not because of the paycheck, I know that everybody thinks “oh you’re in Transformers because of the paycheck.” And I’m sure eventually it will lead to a paycheck – when you have a Japanese following and a following you never had – but the initial being in the movie was never a paycheck. None of us got paid above $70,000 dollars. We were all there to blow **** up.

As a fan of Transformers you’re reaction to Hugo Weaving getting cast as the voice of Megatron?
Look as long as you make sure (Frank) Welker is in and you make sure that (Peter) Cullen is Optimus. If anyone else is Optimus the movie is terrible. It has to be Cullen. Now Welker is older, much older than Cullen and his voice has changed. I’ve heard him in sessions. He’d be great as another robot but to play Megatron you need somebody powerful and Hugo Weaving is powerful.
The rumor of Frank Welker remaining involved in the Transformers production started pretty much the same day of the Hugo Weaving announcement but this is the first time I have read someone directly involved with the movie speaking about it. With plenty of roles available and Frank's ability its a toss up on what role he will have but for giggles I am guessing Starscream.

As for the 2.5 hour length, I am thinking that's the rough cut length of the film. Its not that I wouldn't want to see the movie that long, but studio economics 101 is to go for a two hour or shorter film length as that means at least one more play time each day. One more play time mean more tickets sold, so more money made. That use to not matter but no business decisions are often made just on the first weekend take, not even the long haul results so getting huge numbers up front is usually paramount. Of course this is a Bay/Spielberg movie so the usual rules can get tossed at any time.

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/
Optimus_julio
Micromaster

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:35 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Those two trailers did nothing for me, but the Grimlock and Kickback ones more than make up for those letdowns. (Sorry, I just wasn't particularly impressed by those trailers. They were cool, but they didn't amaze me.)
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:35 pm

Can someone host this, I can't get in

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby jgilkinson » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:20 pm

ok that was funny. grimlock looked pretty good though
jgilkinson
Pretender

Postby Big Grim » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:25 pm

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Dragonslayer wrote:Grimlock was the best one :grin:

But of course! It was Grimlock!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Sideshow Sideswipe » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:48 pm

Motto: "Fritos are the right of all hungry beings"
Weapon: Shotgun
This is truly awesome.
God, save me from your followers.

Sideshow Sideswipe
Fuzor
News Credits: 70
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Postby Breeze » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:44 pm

So weird to see that little tiny Insect TF. I'm so used to them being big.
Breeze
Micromaster

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:37 pm

YAY!! GRIMLOCK!!!

Dude, Kickback? more like Kick@$$!

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby UltraPrimal » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:52 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
I think the 2nd bot might have been one of those "Real Gear" bots. It seems to me that the father set up the camera, then the camera transforms, then the mom is like WTF?!
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Fang Wolf » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:32 pm

Sounds cool, anyone thing they could post screencaps for Dialup users? :P
Fang Wolf
Headmaster Jr

Postby D-340 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:38 am

Those are cool n all, but man do those renders look ugly. I'm glad they used the bot designs they did now, they won't look so campy moving around on screen as these did.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby City Commander » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:22 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
funny.
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:14 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
They were cool but to blurry. The 2nd one was awsome. Your looking through the TFs eyes while it transforms. Why cant my PSP do that. Just transform for no reason and scare the crap out of evrey one in the room. Oh and i think Kickback attacked the filmers. Maybe even killed them. Thats why there's no more film.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
NEW!
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
NEW!
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2011 230809A"
NEW!
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
NEW!
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
NEW!
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
NEW!
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON