This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Information About Masterpiece Megatron's Safety Cap

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Information About Masterpiece Megatron's Safety Cap

Postby Hotrod » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:16 pm

When it was announced that if fans in the United States wanted to order a MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron through most online retailers it would have to have a safety cap. This upset many fans who beleived the cap would ruin the look of the figure. Now much about the cap was really know until now. MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron has been released in Japan, people who live in the U.S. should be getting their capped versions soon. VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM of Macrossworld has received is plugged version from HLJ and has posted images that can be viewed here. It appears that in some cases the cap is not even glued in and is easy to remove.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby bumblezzz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:28 pm

don't look to bad could possible be taken out by hand
bumblezzz
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby 009* » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
It would've been nice if Takara showed us the cap a bit earlier. But all in all, It's good to know that it wasn't the issue we thought it was.
009*
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10

Postby Sunstar » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
that looks just popped on. That's great. I think I can hear a collective sigh of releif from the american fans :D better than being painted on or glued in. I had visualised far worse.
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby General Magnus » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:54 pm

will this be the BBTS version of the toy?
General Magnus
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby Kayevcee » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:54 pm

I think *everyone* imagined worse, Sunstar. There was much freaking out at the time. I'm glad to see it's not that big of a deal.

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon
News Credits: 3

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:58 pm

dude, this is great! but will bbts.com be offering the same thing?

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby metalformer » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:11 pm

Motto: ""Life is an Eternal War for Survival!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
So THAT is the cap? Don't see no problem with that being implemented. My bootleged G1 Megatron has the whole front top of the barrel painted orange (haven't checked if its painted or a cap).

Compared wo this, my bootleg looks more "modified". This should keep customs happy regarding the law, as I don't see much people foolinga round with it on the streets, since only older (richer) collectors would buy it and I think of them as mature and responsible enough to be pulling that sort of stunt.
metalformer
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby pittsburg_22_m » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:14 pm

The cap just pops off...schweet!

I was 99.9% positive that was the case but good to see for sure. Mine will be here next week.
pittsburg_22_m
Combiner

Postby muswp1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:21 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
Well, I guess I was getting my Dremel drill and files from my modeling supplies out for nothing. I wonder if that's the same style cap that was being mentioned for the TFC-6 reissue??
"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances
muswp1
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 3
Buy from muswp1 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby WhiteNoise » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:22 pm

I hate be a jerk and say I told you so, but I told you all so. I knew it would be removable. Many of you cry babies who were so appauled by the idea of having an orange cap on Megatron would absolutely tarnish the the image of this great looking piece, and even cancelled your orders, now you all feel really dumb now, don't you?
WhiteNoise
Mini-Con

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:27 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
WhiteNoise wrote:I hate be a jerk and say I told you so, but I told you all so. I knew it would be removable. Many of you cry babies who were so appauled by the idea of having an orange cap on Megatron would absolutely tarnish the the image of this great looking piece, and even cancelled your orders, now you all feel really dumb now, don't you?

OK, so you were right, hurrah for you, move your meter to 60.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby edcomics » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:39 pm

WhiteNoise wrote:I hate be a jerk and say I told you so, but I told you all so. I knew it would be removable. Many of you cry babies who were so appauled by the idea of having an orange cap on Megatron would absolutely tarnish the the image of this great looking piece, and even cancelled your orders, now you all feel really dumb now, don't you?

This "cap" isn't the same type of orange cap we're used to seeing on regular toy guns. The standard type is affixed permanently and wraps around the outside of the barrel. Such a cap would be impossible to remove without damaging the figure. This yellow plug is something entirely different. Still, each of these Megatron figures was opened, handled and altered before ever reaching its owner. There's still something foul about that.
edcomics
Micromaster

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:40 pm

This inspires hope!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Geekee1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:49 pm

I'm very happy that I decided to order from HLJ. :D
Geekee1
Godmaster
News Credits: 7

Postby dragons » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:59 pm

no offfense to you other fans or collectors but i dont see a whole big deal with this cap thing if your on fo those poeple who takes the figure out to display just paint the cap the color you want it be.

on the other hand if you like me and keep the figures in case to disply then i would see what the problem....
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby jgilkinson » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:27 pm

i dont even care if its in or not. i was expecting the whole damn barrel a bright orange
jgilkinson
Pretender

Postby OptimusIsHot » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:32 pm

YAY! That's so awesome, and at the same time so stupid! Here they had us freaking out about it and over that silly thing that pops out. What the hell is the point even? What a waste of time/money for that. Still I'm very happy to hear this news as now I don't have to travel to Japan to get one lol. I think I might try to make an energon bullet out of that thing, recycling!
OptimusIsHot
Micromaster

Postby dinoboss 5 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:02 pm

wow I wish i could afford this
dinoboss 5
Micromaster

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:28 pm

that cap isnt even orange 8-| . dumb toy laws. oh well, this is good news
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:34 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
dragons wrote:no offfense to you other fans or collectors but i dont see a whole big deal with this cap thing if your on fo those poeple who takes the figure out to display just paint the cap the color you want it be.

on the other hand if you like me and keep the figures in case to disply then i would see what the problem....

Did you even look at the pictures? The 'cap' is a removeable yellow plug. Just pull it out and you're set.

And painting over the bright orange tip, if there was one, isn't always a walk in the park for some of us, especially if we don't want it to be noticeable.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Booda » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:41 pm

Holy expletive! Thats all? Gimme one!
Booda
Micromaster

Postby Sunstar » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:58 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
aaaagh... part of me is starting to want the damned toy...
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Foallen » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:59 pm

Yeah, that's not bad at all. I thought it was going to be a big orange thing on the end, not at all like that. If it comes off easy, even better.
Foallen
Fuzor

Postby Head Shot » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:59 pm

somehow i get the feeling that the bbts plug isnt gonna be anything remotely as convienent (sp?).
Head Shot
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Heroes of Cybertron POWERMASTER OPTIMUS PRIME SPARK ATTACK Transformers HOC New"
Heroes of Cybertro ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "B-127 Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 70 pcs Trumpeter 2023 New"
B-127 Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS PREVIEW 2nd ptg Optimus Prime var Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 (CA) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS PREVI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sting Shot BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class Hasbro 2018 NEW Ages 6+"
Sting Shot BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE + CHEETOR + OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Buzzworthy Cyberverse 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE + CHEETO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 Hasbro 211006A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 73 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Bottle Crunch & Squeak Dog Toy Hasbro 2023 New"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON