This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers get a Thumbs Up!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Transformers get a Thumbs Up!

Postby Seibertron » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:21 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

British gadget and novelty company Thumbs Up are celebrating as they have been secured the licence to produce Transformers the Movie light-up t-shirts, USB gadgets and Wheelie Glider shoe wheel attachments.

Set to hit the shops several weeks before the film’s launch in July, Thumbs Up’s licensed products feature logos and characters from the Transformers film, including the iconic Autobot and Decepticon insignias. These have graced t-shirts since Transformers debuted the first time around in the 1980s, but they’ve never been seen quite like this, as a light-up panel now brings these new t-shirts to illuminated life!

Speaking about the licence, Thumbs Up’s Business Development Director, Wojtek Kolan said: "We were delighted that Hasbro awarded us the ‘Transformers the Movie’ licence for our products. They were impressed with our unique and innovative technology and cutting edge designs. When we showed them the concepts, they were amazed!

"The team at Thumbs Up are very excited about the next few years, as we are set to take a revolutionary position in the gadget sector! Several major retail chains have already signed up to stock our Transformers lines, which will offer several unique selling points when compared to typical licensed items."

The Transformers products from Thumbs Up are set to be huge and are already causing a stir! When representatives of Thumbs Up attended a recent preview screening of footage from the movie wearing the light-up t-shirts, they couldn’t have got more attention, with journalists and Transformers fans alike asking about them.

The Thumbs Up office also received a flood of enquires about the t-shirts after this first public debut. Everyone wanted to know where they could buy them, and Empire magazine even put out a request on their website which said: "To the people in the light-up Transformers T-shirts: Where did you get those? We want them. Please email us."

--------------------------------------------------

You can view more information about Thumbs Up by visiting their website at http://www.thumbsupuk.com.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:28 am

wow. light up t-shirts. i probably wont get these
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1

Postby Kayevcee » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:38 am

At least you won't have to worry about getting run over.

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon
News Credits: 3

Postby Smoke Screen » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:40 am

OMG, Did anyone else see the USB humping dog on the sidebar? I think I will be getting one of these!

Here's the link if you didnt see it:

http://www.thumbsupuk.com/products/USB- ... prodid=157
Smoke Screen
Mini-Con

Postby Leonardo » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:46 am

Good heavens, Ryan, soon you'll have to set up a Tacky Transformers Merchandise Forum!
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Maldroth » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:22 am

tacky true but I may have to get one though it depends on how hard it is to wash.

It will make my non-TF fans groan when they see it :)
Maldroth
Headmaster Jr

Postby Jaw Crusher » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:25 am

Weapon: Mace
Leonardo wrote:Good heavens, Ryan, soon you'll have to set up a Tacky Transformers Merchandise Forum!

Heck yeah, it's gonna be 1984 all over again. :-P
I got yer new Captain America right here!

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jaw Crusher
Combiner
Alt Mode: Land Shark
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby City Commander » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:26 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Wheels on my shoes hey? THOSE could be useful...
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Brakethrough » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:06 am

Fitting, people have been stepping on Wheelie for decades.
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster

Postby Archanubis » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:17 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
I've never understood the attraction of a light-up shirt. :?
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Optimus747 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 am

^ They help you keep your virginity.

That Optimus one looks cool, but I'll probably just get the Autobot logo one.
Optimus747
Mini-Con

Postby Thanatos Prime » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Oh, thought it may have been reveiwed (even though that doesn't make sense...)
Thanatos Prime
Targetmaster

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:01 pm

"Transformers gets a thumbs up"

I just gotta say "DUH" in general

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby LastDragon55 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:27 pm

I'll buy a shirt. :)
LastDragon55
Mini-Con

Postby GrimSqueaker » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:43 am

Light up t-shirts would be awesum for clubing!
"Dammit-You mean he's not dead???" Thats right! Im back and Im leading my Army of Misfits up from the ashes!!!!!!!

Ill also be taking requests again-so if u wanna join Grims army click here or here and sign up!!!!!!!
GrimSqueaker
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby Powersurge » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:01 am

:roll: Oh boy, more TF related stuff, don't these people think that the toys are enough :-?
Sig made by me, go Dr.A
Powersurge
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Leonardo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:02 am

Powersurge wrote::roll: Oh boy, more TF related stuff, don't these people think that the toys are enough :-?

Don't pretend that you don't want Transformers The Movie Spaghetti Shapes in Tomato Sauce.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Powersurge » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:18 am

Leonardo wrote:
Powersurge wrote::roll: Oh boy, more TF related stuff, don't these people think that the toys are enough :-?

Don't pretend that you don't want Transformers The Movie Spaghetti Shapes in Tomato Sauce.

I'm not going to spend money on a brand can of Spaghetti for a few bucks when i can buy a home brand for less than NZ$1 :P

And yes i know your pulling my leg. :roll:

Though i don't even like canned Spaghetti, I'm a Baked Beans man myself. 8)
Sig made by me, go Dr.A
Powersurge
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Leonardo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:21 am

Powersurge wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

I'm not going to spend money on a brand can of Spaghetti for a few bucks when i can buy a home brand for less than NZ$1 :P

How about Baked Beans shaped like Protoform Comet modes?

TF Movie Spaghetti Shapes would be some of the most intricate spagehtti shapes known to humankind. :-?
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Uncrazzimatic » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:28 am

Leonardo wrote:
Powersurge wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

TF Movie Spaghetti Shapes would be some of the most intricate spagehtti shapes known to humankind. :-?

Would you really want to eat something that resembles movie Starscreams face? :SICK: I suppose they could have faction symbol shapes, that might work.
Uncrazzimatic
Godmaster

Postby Leonardo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:30 am

Uncrazzimatic wrote:
Leonardo wrote:
Powersurge wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

Would you really want to eat something that resembles movie Starscreams face?

Heavens, no.

Faction symbols would work, good thinking.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VECTOR PRIME METALHAWK Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 New"
VECTOR PRIME METAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ONLAUGHT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Bruticus 2016 230903A"
ONLAUGHT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
NEW!
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230920A"
SERGEANT KUP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON