This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers sections disappearing?!?!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers sections disappearing?!?!

Postby Versa » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:05 am

I went to Target and Walmart in my area and they completely cleared any Transformers sections they used to have! What's the deal? Are they just doing that cuz of the holiday sell-outs or is Hasbro just stopping the movie line? I see all these All-Spark powered toys coming out soon and don't get why stores would be eliminating these spots for TFs.

Not cool. I want my new TFs!!!

Anyone else notice this in the past few days?
VERSA
Versa
Fuzor

Re: Transformers sections disappearing?!?!

Postby Blurrz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:13 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Perhaps your store is just rearranging things. Heck, who knows?
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Death-Shed » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:31 am

No store is going to leave space empty for long, they will always fill shelves with whatever they have in stock.
The Tf sections will return when when they can be filled.
Death-Shed
Fuzor

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:47 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I have good news for everyone!

I just got back from Wal-Mart (which was a mad house, even at 6:10 in the morning...nothing short of insane...) and I had a brief talk with the Toy Department Manager, and the news is as follows:

1.) TF stock is in the stores, or at least most of them. (How much and what is unknown. It's all being held in the back.)

2.) The shelves are being cleared for a mod reset. (Whatever figures are due to be put out, plus those that couldn't be put out before, will now be on shelves. This might (keyword: MIGHT) be where all the MP Starscreams have been.

3.) I had this reset confirmed by the toy associate. (He, his boss and her crew along with the store's assistant manager were putting everything that didn't sell, into clearance, which is a lot of items already on the shelves. Along the way, they were scanning inventory and confirming the new mod reset, with papers in hand.)

So don't panic people! TFs will hit the shelves again! Oh and the mod reset is due for the second week of January, which fits with the time frame that the Hasbro associate had for the Allspark Power figures to debut. (This was mentioned in a MP Starscream thread months ago)

I cannot speak for Target's plan or their stock levels, so ymmv.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Redimus » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:59 am

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
TrU UK lost their big entrnce displays of Transformers to Doctor Who about a month ago.. Not too surprising, all that was left was unsellable shite.
Duly Appointed Representative in Chief of the Decpeticon Coprophage Accord.
Second class scavenger.
Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
Redimus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Versa » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:28 am

Well that's reassuring. Thank you so much for the update on that. I was a bit clueles as to why one of the best selling toys the stores are carrying are just going away, yet that da%n Pirates Of The Caribbean crap toys are staying up, hahh! The movies were great, but sorry those toys are not cool at all except the more premium ones put out by McFarlane toys I think it is.

Yeah been waiting for MP Starscream and haven't been able to find him so that must be why! :)
VERSA
Versa
Fuzor

Postby TheStarScreamer » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:28 am

I have noticed the same thing all over the place. Lousy Pirates figures overflowing into the TF section.
TheStarScreamer
Minibot

Postby Cascadia » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:20 pm

Motto: "If you feel my lightning, you will never hear the thunder."
I have not been to the toy sections of the local store in 12 days so I do not know how big or little the TF section is. Of course, mine were never too large because I do not live in a large city.
Cascadia
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Barrelass » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:36 pm

Not sure how much it will affect stock levels on Transformers, but both Walmart and Target end their fiscal years at the end of the month. Most public companies lower inventory levels during this period for accounting numbers, so this may have a bit of an affect on their stock levels for the month. On the bright side, we may see some deals as the stores try to clear out some of the old inventory by the end of their fiscal year.
Barrelass
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby Kibble » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
My guess would have been because the friggin' shelves are always empty anyhow...why waste all that space 98% of the time?
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Moonbase2 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:31 pm

My Walmart was always really good about stocking TFs. They'd have zillions of deluxes, lots of MP Starscream, 20th Prime, Devastator, etc. Lately the only TF-related item is a potato head. That's IT. Christmas killed my TF section. :( Star Wars is crowding into it, and hopefully if they have ANYTHING TF in the back, they'll bring it out soon.
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby StryderPrime » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:28 pm

At 2 local toys r us in Va.......the shelfs are empty

but....

At 2 Walmart i went 2 they had the Transformers Brander on the shelf but instead of transformers under it, it was Power Rangers toys with a jungle theme i see.

At a Target store, they just had a very small section 4 the role playing TF but that about it
StryderPrime
Fuzor

Postby Loki41872 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Every Wal-Mart in my area has completely removed the Transformer section, tags, pegs, everything. There's some leftover TF toys (DVD Prime, Primus, Real Gear and some FAB) in the clearance aisle, but nothing at all in the toy section. Where the TF's were is now Star Wars for 8 feet, and Power Rangers and Some kind of knock-off super hero figs. I checked every aisle in the toy section, and there are no pegs for TF's, or G.I. Joe.

The two Targets near me have condensed the TF section down to one row of pegs, filled with Robot Replicas. No tags for Deluxe, or anything else.

I think the retailers have gotten tired of empty sections week after week.

I can see it now:

"Bill, we got some cases of Transformers in, you need to put the TF section back up."

"The hell I will, the whole section will be empty again for the next six weeks, just send that crap back, or put it on the top shelf somewhere in the backroom."
Loki41872
Fuzor

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JAN220274 8B (CA) Aguillo (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #17 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 DEC220239 17B (CA) Tomaselli"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #9 Dynamic Forces w/ cert DF Image Comics 2022 220802A (CA) Haeser"
KING SPAWN #9 Dyna ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #331 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220241 331B (W) McConville (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #331 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #1 Image Comics 1992 (W/A/CA) Larsen 220817A"
SAVAGE DRAGON #1 I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr J 1:20 Image Comics 2022 JUN220018 1J (CA) Tan"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #25 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM381 25A (CA) Panosian"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #17 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220238 17A (CA) Bianchi"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 MAY220262 8B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #8 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #310 Cvr C Image Comics 2020 APR200285 310C (W) McFarlane (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #310 Cvr C I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #351 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1223IM320 351B (CA) Aguillo (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #351 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #24 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM443 24A (CA) Carlos (W) McFarlane"
SCORCHED #24 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #24 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM324 24A (CA) Deodato"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #11 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220208 11A (CA) Mattina (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #11 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON