This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

20th Ann. DVD Prime in to MP-01 bash

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

20th Ann. DVD Prime in to MP-01 bash

Postby Optimist_Prime » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:18 am

I've wanted to get the longer smoke stacks for My DVD prime, but I didn't want it to look to weird with the silver and mirriored chrome on him. I made my own plus a few other small modifications.

The original 20th Anniversary DVD Optimus Prime to refresh our memories

First I painted over the out-of-place yellow on his head with some Tamaya silver.

I then cut pieces of 5.5 mm styrene, filed the inside edge on one side of both damn near paper thin, and finally spray them with Tamaya silver leaf. After the silver dried I sprayed them with regular clearcoat to dull some of the shine, and it almost perfectly color matched Prime. I then attached them with 2-ton epoxy and let the epoxy cure.

Last but not least, I painted his gun with Krylon Fusion. I used the Tamaya silver again to dry brush sections of his blaster.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - G. Stanley Hall, Unsourced variant
Optimist_Prime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Re: 20th Ann. DVD Prime in to MP-01 bash

Postby Optimist_Prime » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:43 pm

comments, complaints, constructive critisisim? anyone? Bueller?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - G. Stanley Hall, Unsourced variant
Optimist_Prime
Targetmaster

Postby Satomiblood » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:26 am

Looks great. I've thought of modding my own Prime this way. Those are really the only things that are separating it from a true MP quality figure.
Satomiblood
Fuzor

Postby Auto Bot » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:25 am

Are the smokestacks really that long?

It's done nicely. I can't even see the seams.

The blaster in black looks really good. ;)^
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Energon » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:24 pm

I like the longer stacks too. It looks great!
Energon
Targetmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Optimist_Prime » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:02 am

Auto Bot wrote:It's done nicely. I can't even see the seams.

The blaster in black looks really good. ;)^

Thank you :grin: . I tried to match the silver hue as close as possible. I am very pleased with the results.

I thought going a little longer on the stacks might give it more of a cartoon and realistic look. Of course, I'm so used those nubs I just wanted to do away with them.

Optimist_Prime
Targetmaster

Return to Customizations

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek DS9 DOG WAR #5 Cvr B IDW Comics MAY231394 5B (CA) Photo (W) Chen"
Star Trek DS9 DOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #5 Cvr B IDW Comics APR231579 5B (CA) Alvarado (W) Cantwell"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS ADVENTURES #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210486 7B (CA) Brokenshire"
STAR WARS ADVENTUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars High Republic TRAIL OF SHADOWS #2 var Marvel Comics 2021 SEP211002"
Star Wars High Rep ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #10 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230332 10F (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #1 5th Anniversary Cvr A IDW Comics JAN231611 1A (CA) Hesse"
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars CRIMSON REIGN #3 var Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220992 (CA) Giangiordano"
Star Wars CRIMSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics SEP230265 12I (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars EMPIRE #1 var 1:100 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230888 (CA) Brown 230607A"
Star Wars EMPIRE # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220620 3B (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS ADVENTURES #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV210444 14RI (CA) Francavilla"
STAR WARS ADVENTUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DOCTOR APHRA #19 Marvel Comics 2022 JAN221004 (CA) Forbes (W) Wong"
Star Wars DOCTOR A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #32 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220900 (CA) Ross (W) Soule"
STAR WARS #32 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HAN SOLO CHEWBACCA #5 var CYD Marvel Comics 2022 MAY221005 (CA)Sprouse"
Star Wars HAN SOLO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON