This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

This canker sore is driving me nuts!

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

This canker sore is driving me nuts!

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Weapon: Stinger Missile
Sorry if this is such a mundane topic, but anyone got any tips? I got this thing right on the edge of my mouth and it's killing me. Urgh! :evil:
Me, Grimlock!
Godmaster
Firepower: 1

Re: This canker sore is driving me nuts!

Postby Moonbase2 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:28 pm

I get these on occasion, and I absolutely hate them. I've tried the little gel that you put on it, and it causes a seal. It lasts a little while and it helps the irritation. Other than that, I've tried Orajel, but it doesn't last that long.
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:38 am

Is Orajel like Anbesol? I tried Anbesol a few times, but it lasts about 10 seconds for me. I even tried gargling salt water yesterday, but that didn't last long either.
Me, Grimlock!
Godmaster

Postby Moonbase2 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:58 am

I'm not sure what Anbesol is or whatever that was. Orajel works for a short time, but that seal stuff works for hours, if I recall. Just as long as you don't mess with it too much. These things bother me to no end and that was the only thing that really helps.
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby Tangent » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:10 am

OK, I needed to ask, what the hell is a canker?
Tangent
City Commander

Postby Tekka » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:16 am

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Tangent wrote:OK, I needed to ask, what the hell is a canker?

Kind of an ulcer.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Tangent » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:44 am

Tekka wrote:
Tangent wrote:OK, I needed to ask, what the hell is a canker?

Kind of an ulcer.

Eew, still, that's kinda boring, I'm rather disapointed.
Tangent
City Commander

Postby HugeBadWolf » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:29 am

Me, Grimlock! wrote:I tried Anbesol a few times, but it lasts about 10 seconds for me.

Please reassure the world that Anbesol is a real product and not a mis-spelling of Anusol

Cheers,
Doug
HugeBadWolf
Fuzor

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:07 am

HugeBadWolf wrote:
Me, Grimlock! wrote:I tried Anbesol a few times, but it lasts about 10 seconds for me.

Please reassure the world that Anbesol is a real product and not a mis-spelling of Anusol

Yeah, it's real... kind of like what dentists use to freeze your mouth. I'm going to look up Anusol right now. Hopefully it's something funny like Botox, cuz my day is dull.
Me, Grimlock!
Godmaster

Postby Wheeljack35 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:41 am

UMMM its been about 23 year since I had health class in school but isn't a cankor sore come from having a STD?
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Robinson » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:05 pm

Wheeljack35 wrote:UMMM its been about 23 year since I had health class in school but isn't a cankor sore come from having a STD?

Not Specifically. There are "Fever Blisters' and "Cold Sores" which are a non sexually transmitted form of herpes. I'd say about 90% of the population has it, just not active. A canker sore is more of an open wound in your mouth or on your gums. Somes times its an air pocket just below the surface of your gums. Usually anbesol or oragel works for short term relief. I dont know of anything for long term. Usually I just constantly use mouthwash in order to keep my mouth clean and tough it out. A few days and you should be fine. If it is like an air pocket or a blister you can try to punture it and then the tissue underneath can kind of air out and it may heal faster. It will hurt like a bitch though until it does.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Venomous Prime » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:54 pm

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Self Absorbed
Chancre Sore
Love You Like A Matador
Life Is Just A Metaphor
Nothing's Fair
Love Is War
Nothing More
Love You Like A Matador
Nothing More

:grin:
Venomous Prime
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Agent 007 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:41 pm

I've had a lot of em they annoy the hell outta me :-x Just try not to prod it and you should be ok. Now something even worse is when ur stupid ortho messes with your braces and tightens the hell outta em. Plus I had to wait almost an hour cause he overbooks. :-x
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Moonbase2 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:25 pm

They were downright miserable when I had braces.

I wasn't sure if they were some kind of mouth herpes thing. I don't get cold sores, and I know they are mouth herpes.

I even heard that chickenpox is a form of herpes. Lots and lots of herpes.
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby Nightracer GT » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:34 pm

Motto: "If it feels so good, it can't be wrong."
Weapon: Whiplash Cutlass
Listerine. It works like a charm. And don't get the "less intense" stuff. It's for babies. Get the real stuff and swig it with no water. Swish it for a minute and then gargle it, swish it real quick again, and spit. Feel that canker sore burn.

It gets rid of it because the canker sore is an infection of a cut in the mouth. Burn out the bacteria.

You can also try, if you can stand the pain, scrubbing your toothbrush right across it a few times. I use Aquafresh and it works for me. They're infections, so disinfect them. The banana peel, the salt water, they're old wive's tales. I don't know if I've ever had one go away from salt water.
Buy my RiD toys! They're awesome, I promise!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180910929578?ss ... 1555.l2649
Nightracer GT
Headmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Blitzkrieg » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:32 am

Try putting a spoon full of salt on it. I tried it once and I never felt it again. :wink:
Blitzkrieg
Mini-Con

Postby Psycho Warrior » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:34 am

Motto: "Afternoon everybody."
Weapon: Corrosive Slime Shooter
There's only one cure that I know off. Make the sore bleed. Works for mine.
The Happy Locust wrote:Effort is not power, knowledge is not power, even money is not power. True power is not caring that you f*ck up all the time.
Psycho Warrior
Guardian Of Seibertron
Alt Mode: Plague Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Moonbase2 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:14 am

Good lord, just do the seal!! This stuff sounds horrendously painful.
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:27 pm

You're all sadists! :P

It's healing up, finally. I only used salt, but it's not supposed to heal it, AFAIK, only dull the pain for a bit.
Me, Grimlock!
Godmaster

Postby Moonbase2 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:47 pm

I've got a very small one right now, but it's in a spot that isn't easily irritated. I had a painful one a while back. I probably should eat better.
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby Dragonoth » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:54 pm

I've heard that green bell peppers help. Also, cold sores are often triggered by stress. Not the ones that are triggered by injury like biting your cheek, though. Just relax and try not to irritate it (tough depending on where it is).

Anyway, green peppers are believed to help prevent or reduce cold sores for anyone afflicted by them when you are stressed and feel them starting to form (an unpleasant tingle).
There's no place like home!
Dragonoth
Vehicon

Postby Moonbase2 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Canker sores are not the same as cold sores. Cold sores are caused by a virus. Canker sores are just little ulcers (cause is still a bit of a mystery).
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby Tammuz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:06 pm

herpes simplex is the cuase of canker sores (so all the anti-bacterial stuff; listerine, salt, capiscin isn't going to help at all, well it might stop it getting bacterially infected, but i hope you're oral hygiene is of a standand to prevent that anyway), so yeah there isn't much you can really do except let you're body heal and let the the virus go lysogenic again.
Tammuz
Faction Commander

Postby Moonbase2 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:21 pm

I don't mean to cause an arguement here, but it is not caused by the herpes virus. That is a cold sore. I looked it up on WebMD even, and they said the cause is pretty much unknown.
Moonbase2
Godmaster

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:33 pm

I heard stress, too much acidic foods, and accidentally biting the walls of your mouth are possible causes. Never heard herpes. And I don't have herpes.
Me, Grimlock!
Godmaster

Next

Return to General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr T FOC 1:10 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC237795 12T (CA) Haeser"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr E Gatefold Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220273 1E (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230282 3E (CA) Henderson"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr H 1:100 Boom Studios Comics JUN230416 111H"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #10 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUL230328 10B (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr ZD 1:15 FOC Dynamite Comics DEC228480 3ZD (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr Z ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr L 1:30 action figure Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220594 2L"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #118 Cvr F 1:25 Boom Studios Comics JAN240058 118F"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230279 3B (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr G 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230393 4G (CA) Di Meo"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #108 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 MAR230263 108A"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230686 9H (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #54 Boom Studios Comics 2020 JUL200906 MMPR"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #110 Cvr C 1:10 Boom Studios Comics MAY230344 110C"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON