This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Where does 20th Anniversary Prime fall?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby skyblast » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:26 am

Is he a classic? Is he part of the Masterpiece line? He is in classic packaging right? Is masterpiece considered a breed of classics?

I know there are other anniversary lines... like 10th anniversary beast wars etc. but 20th Prime is obviously not part of that right?
skyblast
Vehicon

Re: Where does 20th Anniversary Prime fall?

Postby Burn » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:29 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
He's Masterpiece.

Though others have been inclined to include him on the Alternator shelves.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Auto Bot » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:31 am

I think 20th Anniversary Prime is in his own. Alone, alone, alone.

The closest series he can join in is Masterpiece. That is, if we include Japanese lines.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby skyblast » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:32 am

Burn wrote:He's Masterpiece.

Though others have been inclined to include him on the Alternator shelves.

Weird, so why doesn't it say masterpiece on the front like MPSS does? You think Hasbro would want to put that on the front :???:

CONfusing!!

Also, what do you mean by Alternator shelves?
Attachments
prime.JPG
prime.JPG (23.23 KiB) Viewed 3858 times
MPSS.JPG
MPSS.JPG (19.14 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
skyblast
Vehicon

Postby Bonger » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:36 am

Anyone who thinks he is an alternator is an idiot.

Ofcourse he is part of the Masterpiece line. That is why his designation is MP 1, i.e. the first of the MP line. The DVD Prime in particular is just Hasbro's inferior production cersion of MP-1 and doesn't say Masterpiece because some jackass in marketing thought that caling it DVD Prime would yield higher sales.
Bonger
City Commander

Postby skyblast » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:49 am

Bonger wrote:Anyone who thinks he is an alternator is an idiot.

Ofcourse he is part of the Masterpiece line. That is why his designation is MP 1, i.e. the first of the MP line. The DVD Prime in particular is just Hasbro's inferior production cersion of MP-1 and doesn't say Masterpiece because some jackass in marketing thought that caling it DVD Prime would yield higher sales.

Dude you are crackin me up. How come Seibertron does not have MPSS on or DVD Prime on the products listings page? Shouldn't there be a Masterpiece section?

Maybe they are not there cuz no one knows where to put them?
skyblast
Vehicon

Postby Bonger » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:59 am

skyblast wrote:
Bonger wrote:Anyone who thinks he is an alternator is an idiot.

Dude you are crackin me up. How come Seibertron does not have MPSS on or DVD Prime on the products listings page? Shouldn't there be a Masterpiece section?

Maybe they are not there cuz no one knows where to put them?

Actually, if you go to the Toys section, there is a seperate section for MPs, which includes SS and DVD Pime.

This is not opinion, it is fact, DVD Prime is a cheap Hasbro version of MP 1. :?
Bonger
City Commander

Postby Auto Bot » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:02 am

20th Anniversary is not intended to be part of Alternators line. They were not designed to fit together. Some people think their scales are close enough, so they bound them together in one group.

But that's a mistake. Prime is of smaller scale than Alternator's 1/24, generally. But in reality, it's close to impossible to determine the exact scale of Prime. One reason is that, it is grossly out of proportion. Different parts of Prime truck is of different scales. There's not one unified scale for this toy.

Aside from the scale, another reason they don't go together is that, Alternators are designed to be car-accurate. Based on realistic branded cars. Each part of the car, including interiors are patterned as closely as possible, to the branded car model it is copied from, to the correct scale. Whereas Prime is intended to be an accurate replica of the cartoon robot. Take note, only the robot. The truck mode proportions is sacrificed to achieve this end. Moreover, his truck mode does not mimick any particular brand or model. Just a generic COE truck.

20th Anniv Prime and MP Starscream were not originally intended to go together either. (Notwithstanding that they came from a single toy line of its Japanese counterpart.)

Hasbro took MP-01 and repackaged it into 20th Anniv, just for the purpose of creating an American collector item, in time for the 20th Anniversary of Transformers. No particular series was created for him. Just a single lonesome 20th Anniv toy.

That's why Starscream was badged as Masterpiece, as it should be, while Prime was not.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby skyblast » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:05 am

Oooooh I found it. So where is MPSS? Just not updated yet?
skyblast
Vehicon

Postby skyblast » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:10 am

Auto Bot wrote:20th Anniversary is not intended to be part of Alternators line. They were not designed to fit together. Some people think their scales are close enough, so they bound them together in one group.

But that's a mistake. Prime is of smaller scale than Alternator's 1/24, generally. But in reality, it's close to impossible to determine the exact scale of Prime. One reason is that, it is grossly out of proportion. Different parts of Prime truck is of different scales. There's not one unified scale for this toy.

Aside from the scale, another reason they don't go together is that, Alternators are designed to be car-accurate. Based on realistic branded cars. Each part of the car, including interiors are patterned as closely as possible, to the branded car model it is copied from, to the correct scale. Whereas Prime is intended to be an accurate replica of the cartoon robot. Take note, only the robot. The truck mode proportions is sacrificed to achieve this end. Moreover, his truck mode does not mimick any particular brand or model. Just a generic COE truck.

20th Anniv Prime and MP Starscream were not originally intended to go together either. (Notwithstanding that they came from a single toy line of its Japanese counterpart.)

Hasbro took MP-01 and repackaged it into 20th Anniv, just for the purpose of creating an American collector item, in time for the 20th Anniversary of Transformers. No particular series was created for him. Just a single lonesome 20th Anniv toy.

That's why Starscream was badged as Masterpiece, as it should be, while Prime was not.

Got it!! Now it's starting to make sense. I posted this to get answers to my other recent post...Classics 1.0. Wondering should I include DVD Prime and MPSS in classics 1.0? Clearly now I think the answer is no. Dang, I wish Hasbro would do a better job of changing up its packaging when it does not intend a toy to be part of a particular line.
skyblast
Vehicon

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:16 am

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I was looking at Hasbro's checklist, and both Prime and Starscream fall under classics. There's a bunch of classics figures that are listed under cybertron, though...
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Bun-Bun » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:43 am

On my head when i bump my desk :?

20th Prime was never tied to a line IIRC.

and I'm pretty sure DVD Prime falls under Classics.

Masterpeice Prime (01) is the Japanese version of 20th Prime w/o the battle damage and with longer stacks. MP 04 has a trailer.
Obviously both are part of the Masterpeice line.

All that being said... why does it really matter :???:
(unless you're one of those crazies that needs to have every figure from a particular line whether you like it or not to be able to consider yourself a "True Fan" :? )
The opinions expressed in this post are well-reasoned and insightful.
Needless to say, they are not those of SEIBERTRON.COM, its staff members, or any other site lackeys.
Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

Bun-Bun
Gestalt

Postby Burn » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:05 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Auto Bot wrote:20th Anniversary is not intended to be part of Alternators line. They were not designed to fit together. Some people think their scales are close enough, so they bound them together in one group.

That's just it, in robot mode they're close enough.

Those who are putting MP Prime and Alternators together on the one shelf tend to do so in robot mode. Prime's always suppose to have been the bigger bot so aesthetically they complement each other.

And that's no more idiotic than sitting behind your monitor calling others idiotic for how they set up THEIR collection shelves.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Bonger » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:32 am

Never claimed it was idiotic to display them together. I do so myself.

However, the fella' question was what line it officially belonged to. To claim it is an alt, is equally idiotic to claiming it is part of the Classics series.

I is from the MP line and thats just how it is, like it or not.
Bonger
City Commander

Postby DISCHARGE » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:57 am

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
What DVD is DVD Prime supposed to be from?
DISCHARGE
City Commander
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:38 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
DISCHARGE wrote:What DVD is DVD Prime supposed to be from?

Transformers: The Movie, 1986. To be exact the 20th Anniversary version.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby DISCHARGE » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:20 am

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks
DISCHARGE
City Commander
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby skyblast » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:11 pm

Bun-Bun wrote:

On my head when i bump my desk :?

20th Prime was never tied to a line IIRC.

and I'm pretty sure DVD Prime falls under Classics.

Masterpeice Prime (01) is the Japanese version of 20th Prime w/o the battle damage and with longer stacks. MP 04 has a trailer.
Obviously both are part of the Masterpeice line.

All that being said... why does it really matter :???:
(unless you're one of those crazies that needs to have every figure from a particular line whether you like it or not to be able to consider yourself a "True Fan" :? )

Damn!! I guess I've been diagnosed then!!! =P~ Finally after all these years I know what I am...a crazy! 8-}
skyblast
Vehicon

Postby Bun-Bun » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:44 am

Glad I could help ;)^
The opinions expressed in this post are well-reasoned and insightful.
Needless to say, they are not those of SEIBERTRON.COM, its staff members, or any other site lackeys.
Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

Bun-Bun
Gestalt

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #17 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 17B NOV190599"
TRANSFORMERS #17 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926A"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1B 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210675 5A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS Vol 01 TP Image Comics 2024 1223IM247 TPB (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS Vol 01 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #2 RE IDW Comics 2022 Pulse 2RE (CA) Coller"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #45 RE IDW Comics 2015 210411A (CA) Coller"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM325 5C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230926C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON