This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008?

Postby Skowl » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:57 am

IESB.net has posted an interview with the Transformers Movie producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura wherein he states that, baring any delays from the on-going writer's guild strikes in Hollywood, the sequel to the blockbuster Transformers Movie should begin filming on June 2nd, 2008 - what di Bonaventura calls their "unofficial" start date.

Di Bonaventura goes on to say that director Michael Bay has "designed alot of great stuff already" and has "alot of great sequences imagined".

You can read the entire interview on IESB.net by clicking here
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Re: Transformers 2 To Begin Filming on June 2nd, 2008?

Postby First-Aid » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:00 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Sounds like the June 2009 release date is still pretty accurate. As I remember, it took about a year from the beginning of filming of the first one until the release...maybe a tad longer. Good news though. Here's to ending the strike soon.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Black Bumblebee » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:30 am

This worries me... shouldn't they have a script first?

Bay: "Okay... guys... you're driving in Bumblebee... and you have a discussion. Now... talk."

Shia: "Um... what do I say?"

Bay: "Well... we don't have a script, so just make things up. We'll dub it in later!"

Shia: "@@#%@#%"

Bay: "Great!"
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Robinson » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:53 am

Nowwhere has it been said that they don't have a script. Also he specifically says "barring any delays" so that could mean many things, but if they are planning a start date then they have something ready to work with.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Abilor » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:55 am

Good Scripts = Good Movies.

I will wait until Xmas 2009 if I have to, and the delay would probably sort it out nicely...

That said, I would imagine that Orci et. al. have already ironed out the major events for both the second and third sequel. As you say above me, the draft is already done, it's good editing that is needed. As someone who is (trying to) finishing a major writing project, editing is where the rubber meets the road, for sure.

I would also imagine, however, since so much money is at stake, and Orci et. al. stand to benefit as much as anyone, that they are probably slipping drafts and notes back and forth across the "picket line" in the form of clandestine, encrypted, proxied emails. I don't see anything wrong with this either, since the whole point is to enhance writers' stakes in their projects. In any case, I doubt it's as if Bay hasn't convened with his writing team in some fashion since the strike began, at least informally to get business settled so production can go ahead.

$$$
Abilor
Minibot

Postby SolCross » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:32 pm

condensed version: their script, like all Hollywood scripts, probably didn't get any rewrites before the strike. Rewrites are necessary to clean up the script to prune out unnecessary dialog or make things more "in-character". A script will filter through a handful of writers (some credited, some not) before it's good to go.
SolCross
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Chaoslock » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:32 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
SolCross wrote:condensed version: their script, like all Hollywood scripts, probably didn't get any rewrites before the strike. Rewrites are necessary to clean up the script to prune out unnecessary dialog or make things more "in-character". A script will filter through a handful of writers (some credited, some not) before it's good to go.

So TF2 will be like the first one.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby polystyleneman » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:10 pm

Already? Can't we have some more time to heal after the horror that was the first one?
polystyleneman
Mini-Con

Postby Robinson » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:28 pm

polystyleneman wrote:Already? Can't we have some more time to heal after the horror that was the first one?

You can have all the time you want. The rest of us will be waiting to see how they tackle a new story and compliment the first one.
Robinson
Gestalt

Postby Omega Charge » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Just bring it on!!!
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Decepticon Spike » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:28 pm

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Let's hope the strike ends soon, so we can get this movie made...as well as get rid of all of the reality TV crap on the air.
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:32 pm

Gee, I wonder who Bumblebee will piss on this time...

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Robinson » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Nemesis_Apoc wrote:Gee, I wonder who Bumblebee will piss on this time...

All of the people that incessantly whine about the movie for no real good reason other than it's not what they expected it to be in the mind.
Robinson
Gestalt

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:11 pm

Didn't they say most of the writing was complete before the strike even started.

Hell, I bet most of it was done when Paramount said they'd do more of these films.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Blitzwing the warrior » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:19 pm

June 2nd is quite a long time, im guessing this date is a prediction. I believe Bay and Co believe that the strike will be over by then and a working script will be ready
Blitzwing the warrior
Fuzor
News Credits: 4

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:56 pm

TV shows are coming back without the writers, that right there hurts them alot.

Basicly, they will get something from all this, but Late Night has pointed a gun that the rest of the media is just waiting to pull the trigger on...

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby SolCross » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:01 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:TV shows are coming back without the writers, that right there hurts them alot.

I think you mean talk shows are coming back. :P Normal TV shows ain't budging anytime soon until that strike ends, so don't expect to see any new scripts for Lost, Heroes, or anything else.
SolCross
Micromaster

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:03 pm

Robinson wrote:
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:Gee, I wonder who Bumblebee will piss on this time...

All of the people that incessantly whine about the movie for no real good reason other than it's not what they expected it to be in the mind.

Agreed completely!
It's the pre-conceived notions that people have or what they expected to see in the movie just because it has the name Transformers in it that ruined it for them, not Michael Bay.
We already had Transformers the 1986 animated movie, why do we need another one or even a live action cgi movie with the exact same designs.
This movie was a retelling to a certain extent with enough elements of G1 for even the casual transformers fan to like, this was never intended to be a hardcore G1 fan boy wet dream film and to those that thought that I say have fun living in 1984 for the rest of your lives.
I love G1 but there needs to be room for other things too and while the first movie was not perfect it was good and hopefully they will get better.
Just remember that there are a lot people that think that Empire strikes back is better than Star wars so I see the potential in the sequel...just imagine the potential it can have if they learn from some of the mistakes of the first one.
***Galvatron*** wrote:Fox Mulder ? ummm, your meds must be lapsing! :P

:mrgreen:

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender

Postby polystyleneman » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:44 pm

People don't "whine" about TF because its a Transformers movie, they criticize it because it was a failure of a movie by almost every respect.

It's just a fact. You can still choose to enjoy it or even donate money to Bay's bankrolls by buying DVDs or whatever if you like. Although you deserve much better for your money.
polystyleneman
Mini-Con

Postby SolCross » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:08 pm

polystyleneman wrote:People don't "whine" about TF because its a Transformers movie, they criticize it because it was a failure of a movie by almost every respect.

It's just a fact. You can still choose to enjoy it or even donate money to Bay's bankrolls by buying DVDs or whatever if you like. Although you deserve much better for your money.

lol opinion
SolCross
Micromaster

Postby Robinson » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:08 am

polystyleneman wrote:People don't "whine" about TF because its a Transformers movie, they criticize it because it was a failure of a movie by almost every respect.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I wish I could make 800 million dollars and still be considered a failure.
Robinson
Gestalt

Postby Solrac333 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:45 pm

Can't wait for it. How can people hate this movie but love the new animated crap?
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Robinson » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:54 pm

omega666 wrote:Can't wait for it. How can people hate this movie but love the new animated crap?

It's called "Different Taste"
Robinson
Gestalt

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:24 pm

No, they did and do continue to whine that it is not just a bad movie but that it was a bad transformers movie otherwise they would not care if there were lips on optimus prime if this was just any other robot movie, those were specific to transformers the movie from existing transformers fans and not just the average movie going public and I can't recall coming across anyone saying before that this was just "a bad movie".
Rabid fan boys complained about specific issues such as bumblebee not being a volkswagon and FAR too many other petty issues well too bad because Bay had no choice in that matter and that is a fact!
Facts are also that you can choose to hate it just as much as the next person chooses to like it so it goes both ways but to the far too many disgruntled G1whiners too bad, go raise 200 million dollars and when everyone nitpicks everything about the movie that they've created then don't cry about it.

Was the movie perfect ? no, there is always room for improvement but lets all keep in mind these facts...

Fifth most popular movie in the world for 2007.
Third most popular movie in the USA for 2007.
703 million dollars worldwide.
Made that much money on half the movie screens of most other movies released at the same time.
Successful toy line and other merchandise lines of the movie.
Most popular dvd of 2007.
Most pirated movie of 2007 ( consider that as more popularity for it too )

I guess that means failure in hollywood these days then ? :roll:
***Galvatron*** wrote:Fox Mulder ? ummm, your meds must be lapsing! :P

:mrgreen:

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender

Postby dbz77 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:45 pm

***Galvatron*** wrote:

No, they did and do continue to whine that it is not just a bad movie but that it was a bad transformers movie otherwise they would not care if there were lips on optimus prime if this was just any other robot movie, those were specific to transformers the movie from existing transformers fans and not just the average movie going public and I can't recall coming across anyone saying before that this was just "a bad movie".
Rabid fan boys complained about specific issues such as bumblebee not being a volkswagon and FAR too many other petty issues well too bad because Bay had no choice in that matter and that is a fact!
Facts are also that you can choose to hate it just as much as the next person chooses to like it so it goes both ways but to the far too many disgruntled G1whiners too bad, go raise 200 million dollars and when everyone nitpicks everything about the movie that they've created then don't cry about it.

Was the movie perfect ? no, there is always room for improvement but lets all keep in mind these facts...

Fifth most popular movie in the world for 2007.
Third most popular movie in the USA for 2007.
703 million dollars worldwide.
Made that much money on half the movie screens of most other movies released at the same time.
Successful toy line and other merchandise lines of the movie.
Most popular dvd of 2007.
Most pirated movie of 2007 ( consider that as more popularity for it too )

I guess that means failure in hollywood these days then ? :roll:

I would love to fail like that.

Michael
dbz77
Minibot

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010M"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 301A 0923IM335 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #42 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM857 (CA) Pansica"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #299 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 299RI (CA) Royle 231010M"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #37 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #70 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Wildman 230915E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON