This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Mosaic: "Destiny's Question"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Destiny's Question"

Postby WhiteRabbit » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:46 pm

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted.
These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.
No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

This piece is "Destiny's Question". Story and Art by Daniel (Knightsfury) Bartlett, Letters by Bernie (Blee) Lee.

WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Destiny's Question"

Postby Pyrostrata » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:03 am

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Short. Sweet. WIN! ;)^
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:38 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
I can't be the only one getting a "9/11" vibe out of this, am I?
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Duke of Luns » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:45 am

I take it this takes place during Megatron's Origin? I haven't read that yet, so I am kinda in the dark on this one, and there isn't a lot here to help "fill in the gaps" so to speak.

So I guess what I'm saying is I'm not really digging this piece, possibly cause it's meant to impact someone who actually read/saw Megatron kill Sentinal Prime, maybe cause I don't think there's enough to fill an entire page(though it would work great as an opener to a full-length comic). I do think it's an interesting idea. I may have liked it better if done in a different point of view, like showing a few other of Cybertron's population reacting to the news, and having a sort of build-up to the main shot. I hope I wasn't too negative, cause it is interesting to see someone take this approach to how a Mosaic is told :PEACE: .
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Re: Transformers Mosaic:

Postby Chaoslock » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Kinda reminds me of Samurai Jack... :?
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Very interesting idea. Every generation has its big question. FOr the "Greatests" it's "Where were you when you found out about Pearl Harbor?" The Baby Boomers: "Where were you when you heard about JFK?" Gen X'ers remember when the Berlin Wall came down. For the Digital Generation, it will always be "Where were you when the planes hit the Twin Towers?". This puts this type of generation-defining idea into Cybertronian ideals. Cool.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Autobot Jazz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:50 pm

Woah, you can really connect to this mosaic, anyone know who that Transformer is next to the flag?
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby Chaoslock » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:55 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Autobot Jazz wrote:Woah, you can really connect to this mosaic, anyone know who that Transformer is next to the flag?

Let's see... BFC (Big Fu...sion Cannon) on the arm...
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Courage: 9

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Has a strong 9/11 feel to it.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Talous » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:04 pm

Motto: "The problem with fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
This one has a pretty powerfull message to it. I like it. Cool to see War Within megs in another story.
It has begun, let the parts fall from the sky.
Talous
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 10

Postby darkqueen01 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:11 pm

With the buildings and how it's drawn it definitely has a 9/11 vibe to it, though the subject itself could relate to other past tragic events.

As for me I was at home watching TV when Megatron killed Sentinel Prime. *nods*
The following message brought to you by Skeletor...
darkqueen01
Combiner

Postby dragons » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:04 pm

reminds me of the issue of the civil war series when captain america died, and 911nice colors whos the transformer? on the hill nest oth the flag doesnt look like megatron
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Pyrostrata » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:03 am

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
It sorta looks like Armada Megatron to me....not sure though
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Wolfhart » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:06 am

I know that its not correct, but my first impression of the shadow figure was of either Bruticus or Onslaught by himself.
Wolfhart
Mini-Con

Postby Thyunda » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:56 am

The guy next to the flag resembles Armada Megatron, with the cannon on his ass and the two antlers.
Most recent Transformer: Classics Voyager Jetfire
Thyunda
Combiner

Postby First Gen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:29 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
"9/11 Vibe" or not, this mosaic is definately lacking. I'm sorry, but giving applause to every piece that comes out is fine and dandy, as long as the piece warrants it. This look like it took 20 minutes to do with MS Paint.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Skill: 10

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADVENTURE COMICS #260 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC263 (CA) Swan + Kaye"
ADVENTURE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230684 (W) Mantlo (CA) Miller"
ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Limited Series Facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg (CA) Miller 231227"
WOLVERINE #1 Limit ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC266 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230971 Frenz"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240732 (CA) Buscema"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC806 123C"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr C blank DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC203 1C (CA)Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 0324DC131 1A Perez"
NEW!
CRISIS ON INFINITE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #121 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg APR230703"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr C Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC163 Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #2 1:25 Facsimile Marvel Comics NOV230744 MSH"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #2 Facsimile FOIL Marvel Comics 2024 240415A"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 54A (CA) Premiani"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON