This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Mosaic: "Blink"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Mosaic: "Blink"

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:18 pm

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted.
These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.
No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

"Blink" Story and Art by Tintin (Mentacle) Patoja

Please post all comments, questions, thoughts and critiques in this thread.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Transformers Mosaic:

Postby Orion_Prime48 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:57 pm

meh not the best Mosaic but good
:BOT:
My Sale Thread
Sledge wrote: :shock: I REALLY don't want to know what a "cumputer" is used for. A little one-handed web surfing, perhaps?
Orion_Prime48
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Postby Chaoslock » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Primes and the lower bots face takes the award, but that middle picture is very poorly drawn, it ruins this mosaic Art: 5/10. The story has a new concept 7/10.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Autobot Jazz » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:36 pm

Hm......this could be interpreted to mean that transformers like Tracks, Perceptor, Blaster etc. from 2nd season on were part of the crew of the Ark but were put into stasis, other than that, a good mosiac
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby Jeysie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:40 pm

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
Interesting how people actually read the comment to post in the *other* thread. ;P Maybe the imperative to post in the original thread might be more noticable as an extra post.

And I guess I really am the only one who prefers non-realistic art. Oh, well. :-(
Jeysie
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Duke of Luns » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:42 pm

Jeysie wrote:And I guess I really am the only one who prefers non-realistic art. Oh, well. :-(

I think that it wouldn't have garnered as much criticism if it wasn't directly between an absolutely beautiful picuture of Prime, and a really nice close-up of Omega Supreme(more on that in a minute). It doesn't mesh with the rest of the piece, but it makes it a little more interesting. The contrast of the piece is also interesting. One one side we see a burnt-out Cybertron, on the other we see a city sparkling with life, implying that the Autobots did indeed make the right choice in heading for a new planet(though I suddenly now kinda don't like the line how they knew they were going to Earth, cause they didn't, and it was just a happy accident). The line about the Autobots being in stasis is a nice touch too, though we do gotta wonde why it took 'em so long to bring them out :P .

So all in all, this is a very different kind of Mosaic, as it is a very "artsy" kind of piece, and doesn't actually tell a linear story. I like that, so this is definitely a different kind of but still well deserved top-notch piece ;)^ .

Now then, why do I say it's Omega Supreme? Well they said that it may take their optics time to adjust to the local UV levels, but maybe some transformers can't adapt, and thus have to wear a visor to protect their eyes. Omega Supreme is such a guy:

Yeah yeah his face is orange and not red, but maybe the visor distorts the color. It could be Tracks, but his helmet kinda points down over his eyes:

Duke of Luns
Gestalt

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:50 pm

I liked it, Prime trying to lighty explain a dire situation with a pinch of levity has heart.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Jeysie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:02 pm

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
Duke of Luns wrote:
Jeysie wrote:And I guess I really am the only one who prefers non-realistic art. Oh, well. :-(

I think that it wouldn't have garnered as much criticism if it wasn't directly between an absolutely beautiful picuture of Prime, and a really nice close-up of Omega Supreme(more on that in a minute). It doesn't mesh with the rest of the piece, but it makes it a little more interesting.

The contrast of the piece is also interesting. One one side we see a burnt-out Cybertron, on the other we see a city sparkling with life, implying that the Autobots did indeed make the right choice in heading for a new planet

I do like the contrast myself. I actually didn't notice myself until I looked at it closely a few more times that the two halves were intended to be a *direct* parallel instead of just an establishing segue between Cybertron and Earth... you'd think I'd have noticed sooner that there was a dark skyscraper there on the Cybertron side to go with the brightly lit one on the Earth side. :oops:

But, I like the bright cheeriness of all the Autobots in that group shot. While the realism of Tracks' face (see the rest of my post) is good to match the surrounding art and suggest the specific wonderment of looking at the new vista, the contrast of the middle panel adds an additional broader vibe of happiness to it for me. I think putting it in a realistic style as well would feel too heavy to me. Instead, it's more like a "Whee, welcome to Earth!" moment. I think it adds to the celebration of life.

Duke of Luns wrote:Now then, why do I say it's Omega Supreme? Well they said that it may take their optics time to adjust to the local UV levels, but maybe some transformers can't adapt, and thus have to wear a visor to protect their eyes. Omega Supreme is such a guy:

Yeah yeah his face is orange and not red, but maybe the visor distorts the color. It could be Tracks, but his helmet kinda points down over his eyes:

While I sincerely love the logic of your analysis, I must be meta and say that I follow the artist's DeviantArt page, and she's a big fan of Tracks, so I'm personally suspecting it's him. :>
Jeysie
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
The bottom panel is also Blaster. That is clearly his visor on top...

Since we see him near the entrance of the door, and folks are welcoming them out, it seems to me that the POV has now changed to him.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby olokin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:53 am

not this year's best Mosaic but I really like the art on this one. It seems like a smash-up of Dreamwave house style (Prime image and background coloring) and animation, from the original 80's series.
Great work all around. :D
olokin
City Commander

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Dark Moon complete + more DOTM 2011 230427A"
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 230427A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 1 GRIMLOCK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Last Knight Movie AOE 230118A"
Series 1 GRIMLOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OFFROAD SKIDS Transformers Revenge the Fallen NEST Global Alliance Legends ROTF"
OFFROAD SKIDS Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Movie 2007 Burger King Kid's Meal Fast Food Premium 2007"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Gravity Bots SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 190922a"
Gravity Bots SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HD-DVD Movie 2007 Two-Disc Special Edition Set starring LaBeouf+Fox"
Transformers HD-DV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON