This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Amusement Park Ride

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Transformers: The Amusement Park Ride

Postby i_amtrunks » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:28 pm

According to a report from IESB.net Paramount Studios and Hasbro are in early discussion about creating a Transformers Movie theme3d Amusement Park ride.

The early plans lead towards the creation of what is known as a "Dark Ride", which according to Wikipedia is a "dark ride or darkride is an indoor amusement ride where riders in guided vehicles travel through specially-lit scenes that characteristically contain animation, sounds, music, and other special effects."

One concept that has been discussed involves an amphibious vehicle that takes guests would ride into the battle of a battle between the opposing forces.

As to which characters could be used remains a mystery as designers have been told that some of the robots were unable to be used as they may not be surviving the second or third film.

Due to design and construction times, the timeline of the opening of the Amusement Ride would more than likely co-incide with the release of the third Transformers Ride.

To read the full report, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Transformers: The Amusement Park Ride

Postby Decatron » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:34 pm

Motto: "This is your end."
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Oh boy. I hope its just like Pirates of the Caribbean. 8-}
Decatron
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Talous » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:39 pm

Motto: "The problem with fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
At the end do you think their going to have a display of all of the bots and cons holding hands and singing a round of "Its a small world"?
It has begun, let the parts fall from the sky.
Talous
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Pyrostrata » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:45 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Sounds a bit amusing. Can we kill Prime at the end? ;)
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Windracer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Motto: "There's no relief in bitterness, may as well let it die."
Weapon: Electric Cannon
An amphibious vehicle? As in a boat, like Pirates of the Carribean? Lord I hope not. I like PotC as much as the next but... I just can't picture it with Transformers. D:

Now if it were a ride like Disney's Indiana Jones, however, that would be pretty sweet...
GW2: Caitmonster.9036 (Tarnished Coast / NA)
Burn's still a butt. <3
Windracer
Pretender
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Dragon
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:07 pm

Hmmmmm.......
interesting.
If it turns up around where I live I just might go to it.
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby Autobot Jazz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Sounds cool, I've always wanted a Transformer themed ride, but as for characters not surviving the next two films, I just hope that Ironhide's not on the list of characters to be killed off. :PRAY:
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby Jaw Crusher » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Weapon: Mace
i_amtrunks wrote:According to a report from IESB.net Paramount Studios and Hasbro are in early discussion about creating a Transformers Movie theme3d Amusement Park ride.

The early plans lead towards the creation of what is known as a "Dark Ride", which according to Wikipedia is a "dark ride or darkride is an indoor amusement ride where riders in guided vehicles travel through specially-lit scenes that characteristically contain animation, sounds, music, and other special effects."

One concept that has been discussed involves an amphibious vehicle that takes guests would ride into the battle of a battle between the opposing forces.

Amphibious, eh? Y'know, some movie-styled Sharkticons making some tries for the vehicle would be pretty freaky. :grin:

As to which characters could be used remains a mystery as designers have been told that some of the robots were unable to be used as they may not be surviving the second or third film.

I sincerely hope this is true. Still, some movie-styled versions of other classic TF characters would be nice.

Due to design and construction times, the timeline of the opening of the Amusement Ride would more than likely co-incide with the release of the third Transformers Ride.

Shouldn't that be the third Transformer movie?
I got yer new Captain America right here!

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jaw Crusher
Combiner
Alt Mode: Land Shark
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Ultra Magnus » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
Now this is just Unbearably cool! Imagine Dueling inverted coasters named Optimus Prime and Megatron! Wow, I can't wait to see what comes of this... :shock: :grin: :APPLAUSE: B-)
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:16 pm

I'm getting tired of all these shaky chairs infront of a screen "rides".

Why can't we get a good old fashion multi looped, upside down, splash down, that swings around real fast!?!

THINK ABOUT IT HASBRO, YOU COULD EVEN REPAINT IT AND SELL IT TO DIFFERENT PARKS TOO!!!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:33 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
A TF-based dark ride?!!! YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

This is one of the greatest thing I ever heard! It would be so AWESOME if it had battle scenes from every TF TV series. From G1 to Animated. That would be SUH-WEET!!!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Endurance: 8

Postby Pyrostrata » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:THINK ABOUT IT HASBRO, YOU COULD EVEN REPAINT IT AND SELL IT TO DIFFERENT PARKS TOO!!!

LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

After all, Hasbro is ever-so-fond of the repaint! They might just do that! LMAO!

BTW, IMO...Repaints SUCK! (Unless I do the repainting myself...and in that case, it is usually REALLY funny!)
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff

Postby Unicron Singularity » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:48 pm

Motto: "Greed Is Good"
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
"As to which characters could be used remains a mystery as designers have been told that some of the robots were unable to be used as they may not be surviving the second or third film."

BRING IN RODIMUS PRIME,(yes, some may call me a blasphemer for this, but I get a growing feeling that Optimus kicks the bucket.)
Kup, Blurr and Wheeljack. (and oh, that's right, we need evil: Galvatron, Starscream, Blitzwing, Barricade, and so on)

:mrgreen:
Unicron Singularity
Combiner
Strength: 5
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+

Postby Nuke Mayhem » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:39 pm

I figured we would get a TF ride since the 2007 movie did so good. I'm hoping for it to be a ride similar to the Spider-Man ride at Universal's Islands of Adventure. One thing that's a must for a transformers ride is that the ride has to transform half-way or every 1/3 of the way, something like transforming from a dark ride to a roller coaster ride. What would be the iceing on the cake for this ride would be a life size animatronic Optimus Prime meeting greeting people just outside the entrance of the ride.
Nuke Mayhem
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3

Postby Pyrostrata » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:03 pm

Nuke Mayhem wrote:What would be the iceing on the cake for this ride would be a life size animatronic Optimus Prime meeting greeting people just outside the entrance of the ride.

Wonder if I could kick it in the shins? ;) Now THAT would be cool!!

Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff

Postby Blurrz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:25 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:A TF-based dark ride?!!! YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

This is one of the greatest thing I ever heard! It would be so AWESOME if it had battle scenes from every TF TV series. From G1 to Animated. That would be SUH-WEET!!!

Dude.. you realize that it's Transformers Movie based only.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Skill: 5

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:47 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
The best dark ride I've ever been on is easily the Spider-Man ride at Universal Island's of Adventure. If they did something along those lines, it would be UNBELIEVABLE...not only was Spidey a dark ride, but it was 3D too with motion...freaking awesome ride. That would be a perfect mold/baseline for Transformers: the Ride.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:32 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sounds like it could be cool if done right. Universal has a few good rides that i think are "darkrides". Hell Jurassic Park the ride was cool.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby Mechabreaker » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:39 am

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
This actually could be interesting, I hope it will be located in the U.S.

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Speed: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby Insurgent » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:46 am

That Spidey ride at Islands of Adventure is THE BEST RIDE EVER! NO CONTEST! It has 3d animation, real time explosions and water etc right in your face, it's a rollercoaster that actually feels like you are plummeting from teh sky straight down to your certain death and it has a story with Spidey and co interacting with the vehicle.

It's even better when you get told where the VIP entrance is. And then missuse it somewhat. :WHISTLE:

If this is anything like that, then it will rock.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Decepticon Spike » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:28 am

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sounds interesting.
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6

Postby woosh » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:57 am

Blurrz wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:A TF-based dark ride?!!! YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Dude.. you realize that it's Transformers Movie based only.

If it's MMovie based only, it's gonna lose popularity pretty quick. But image people sitting in their carts, when they suddelny "transform"! xD
This not badass. It's so BAD, it's ASS!

munkimus prime wrote:That was the greatest thing I've seen since boobs.
woosh
Headmaster Jr

Postby Galvatron628 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:41 pm

I sure hope to god they don't go the route of "Action FX theatre" like the ones they have that the paramount parks.
Galvatron628
Headmaster Jr

Postby Izanami » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:11 pm

My hope for this is that they have the vehicle you ride in be some sort of movie Astrotrain. At the end of the ride he'll go "Jettison some weight or I'll never make it to Cybertron!" You can leave voluntarily, or refuse and eventually get thrown off. Now who wouldn't want that for a ride? This is a totally great idea. :wink:
Izanami
Minibot

Postby Pyrostrata » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:17 pm

Izanami wrote:My hope for this is that they have the vehicle you ride in be some sort of movie Astrotrain. At the end of the ride he'll go "Jettison some weight or I'll never make it to Cybertron!" You can leave voluntarily, or refuse and eventually get thrown off. Now who wouldn't want that for a ride? This is a totally great idea. :wink:

OoOoOoOO! FUN! :twisted:

Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON