This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

More Preview Art for IDW's "All Hail Megatron"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

More Preview Art for IDW's "All Hail Megatron"

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:16 pm

Chris Ryall has updated his blog with a propaganda style image for IDW's upcoming "All Hail Megatron" series.

The Art itself was created by Nick Roche, with the "aging" and effects done by Trevor Hutchinson.

To see the full blog update, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: More Preview Art for IDW's

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:31 pm

Very Comi/Naziesc!

I have personal reasons for deeply hating such things so although I love a story where the bad guys win, I hope the imagry takes a much different turn.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby metalformer » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Motto: ""Life is an Eternal War for Survival!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Liege Evilmus wrote:Very Comi/Naziesc!

I get the feeling as well.

Liege Evilmus wrote:I have personal reasons for deeply hating such things so although I love a story where the bad guys win, I hope the imagry takes a much different turn.

I understand and respect your point of view. But you can't deny it fits Megatron's personality, as expressed on the bio for the toy. The quote "Peace Through Tyranny" simply evokes such imagery.
metalformer
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:50 pm

Reminds me of Soviet Propaganda mixed with Samurai Jack art.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby mechajol » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:49 pm

nice! i love it!!!! :grin:
mechajol
Vehicon

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Heil Megatron Mein Führer!
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby darkqueen01 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:01 pm

Nothing says "Fear Me" like throwing down the the cliche Nazi/Commie propaganda art. Bring on the Decepticon menace!
The following message brought to you by Skeletor...
darkqueen01
Combiner

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:47 pm

metalformer wrote:

I get the feeling as well.

Liege Evilmus wrote:I have personal reasons for deeply hating such things so although I love a story where the bad guys win, I hope the imagry takes a much different turn.

I understand and respect your point of view. But you can't deny it fits Megatron's personality, as expressed on the bio for the toy. The quote "Peace Through Tyranny" simply evokes such imagery.

You right, even down to the fact that he turnes into a variant of a Lugger!

Still, I'm German and Italian, in the war my family on both sides fought against the Axis. I was taught to hate it and rightfuly so. The kicker is that my older siblings who were taught the same thing thought it would be a good way to rebel by praising it.

That caused alot of problems for me growing up, home I was branded a traitor, outside I was assumed a sympithizer due to my name alone even though I never showed an inkling of supporting the local skinhead groups.

So now, when I see it, I hate it even more, and know it's worth fighting against. Even though the people your fighting for are just lining up to spit at you anyway, so then you fight them based on that reason and besure they know thats why!

Just some uneeded insite.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby imotron » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:13 pm

Awesome
When you run for your life... don't crawl
imotron
Vehicon

Postby UltraPrimal » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:21 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
I can understand Liege Evilmus not liking the whole Nazi spoof thing. I'm Italian and my Grandfather fought on the Axis side too. But I'm not so sensitive.

Decepticons are basicly giant robot Nazis. Whenever I explain what the Decepticons are about to a non-Transformers fan, they all reply, "Oh, so they're like Nazis". It's hard to watch G1 and not see all the references. I even listed them all while writing this post, but it seemed kind of insensitive. But that said, I wish there was a Decepticon equivalent to the Gestapo. How bad ass would that be? Maybe that's why I really like Animated Blitzwing.

So yeah, I like the look of it so far. But what is this about? Megatron looks like G1, but the Seeker silouettes look like F22s, which would mean movie Seekers. :???:
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:31 pm

UltraPrimal wrote:I can understand Liege Evilmus not liking the whole Nazi spoof thing. I'm Italian and my Grandfather fought on the Axis side too. But I'm not so sensitive.

Decepticons are basicly giant robot Nazis. Whenever I explain what the Decepticons are about to a non-Transformers fan, they all reply, "Oh, so they're like Nazis". It's hard to watch G1 and not see all the references. I even listed them all while writing this post, but it seemed kind of insensitive. But that said, I wish there was a Decepticon equivalent to the Gestapo. How bad ass would that be? Maybe that's why I really like Animated Blitzwing.

So yeah, I like the look of it so far. But what is this about? Megatron looks like G1, but the Seeker silouettes look like F22s, which would mean movie Seekers. :???:

The IDWverse G1 seekers are F22s.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby kuzzy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:45 pm

this looks like something from ww2 or the cold war lol but with robots lol
kuzzy
Minibot

Postby Pyrostrata » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
WOW! That is SO Cold-War Art Deco! I LOVE that style!!!

I now have new wallpaper! :grin:
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby mechajol » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:28 am

the art is more communist-propaganda-inspired more than nazi.

also, as for transformer nazis, i think the decepticons are more like communists - as seen in the megatron origin series, the root of their rebellion is that the upper class have indulged in their frivolities at the expense of the lower classes.

if we're talking tf nazis, nova prime/nemesis prime would fit the description better. after all, wasn't it nova prime who believed that TF life is the most supreme and therefore it's their destiny to colonize the galaxy and its lesser life forms?
mechajol
Vehicon

Postby Decepticon Spike » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:15 am

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle

I have personal reasons for deeply hating such things so although I love a story where the bad guys win, I hope the imagry takes a much different turn.

I'm the same way. I hate Nazis (being part Jewish, that's a given) but I love the stories like "Empire Strikes Back" where the baddies win. Hell, When I was a kid, I always insisted on playing as the Decepticons, or the Cylons, or Cobra, or the Visitors....
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:10 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
:-? If Nova Prime were Nazis, Megatron the commies then Optimus and the rest of the gang are what? GI Joe US of A?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Decepticon Spike » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:39 am

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
fenrir72 wrote::-? If Nova Prime were Nazis, Megatron the commies then Optimus and the rest of the gang are what? GI Joe US of A?

Actually, yes. Ever notice how Prime is All-American, like John Wayne?
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Speed: 10

Postby Lord T » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:59 am

I find it ironic that nobody comments on the big chin on this here Megatron but in the animated SS news story it's the first comment.

This is awesome artwork and is now my desktop. In fact I think this would make an awesome basis for a full comic in this style.

They should release this as a full sized poster.
Lord T
Minibot

Postby Pyrostrata » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:04 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Lord T wrote:They should release this as a full sized poster.

That'd be GREAT! It would match the other art-deco Iron-Curtain-style posters I have in my bedroom!

I LOVE art-deco! :grin:
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Endurance: 7

Postby mechajol » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:09 pm

fenrir72 wrote::-? If Nova Prime were Nazis, Megatron the commies then Optimus and the rest of the gang are what? GI Joe US of A?

i don't see the autobots invading other planets for energon, do you? :mrgreen:

disclaimer: the above statement is a joke, nothing more. :wink:

anyways, this is my desktop wallpaper now, and i don't see myself changing it in the near future. i really love communist propaganda art, very graphic! :grin:
mechajol
Vehicon

Postby -Soundwave- » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Motto: ""Cries and screams are music to my Audios.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Ohh this looks interesting.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
-Soundwave-
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Cassette Deck
Strength: 4
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby decepticonjon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:09 pm

oh jesus. it looks cool. neat new idea. let's see more
Mykltron wrote:Surely it's not THAT hard to train monkeys... Is it? Maybe the monkeys were trained by monkeys who hadn't been trained properly.

G1Blaster wrote:Saying an album is ten times better than St. Anger is like saying you'd rather be hit in the head with a bat instead of kicked in the nuts.
decepticonjon
Godmaster
News Credits: 5

Postby Saber Prime » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:40 am

UltraPrimal wrote:So yeah, I like the look of it so far. But what is this about? Megatron looks like G1, but the Seeker silouettes look like F22s, which would mean movie Seekers. :???:

No that's not G1 Megatron, the chin is too big. That's Animated Megatron.
Saber Prime
Godmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Predacon Rampage » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:25 am

I hate it when they make the cons Nazi like, or team up with the Nazis, like the aliens in the Avengers.
Predacon Rampage
Minibot

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Age Extinction Leader complete AOE 2014 221114A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Legion Class Movie AOE 2014 New 220427A"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SQWEEKS Transformers Last Knight Deluxe 100% complete TLK Movie Hasbro 221107A"
SQWEEKS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRAVITY BOTS SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 121027"
GRAVITY BOTS SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Flip Change DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Robots Disguise AOE 2014 210930A"
Flip Change DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sword Slash DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Power Attackers AOE 2014 210930A"
Sword Slash DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON