This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Report from the British Toy Fair

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Report from the British Toy Fair

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:48 pm

Transformers at the Moon have posted their report following the 2008 British Toy Fare.

Unfortunately no Pictures were allowed to be taken, but the Moon Crew have posted some previously unknown detailed information on upcoming Transformers lines. Below is a synopsis of the report:

Transformers: Animated
- Bulkhead and Optimus Prime will be made in Deluxe, Voyager and Leader size classes
- Earth Mode Megatron will be Leader Sized
- Animated Jazz has a G1 style Deco
- Animated will also have a renamed line very similar to the "Fast Action Battlers". This line will feature electronic lights and sounds.

Classics 2.0 / Universe
- Sunstreaker, Prowl, Onslaught and Powerglide were all on display.

Robot Heroes and Movie figures
- Will all make it to UK shores, with the Movie line running until Animated's Release.

Marvel Transformers
- Hulk, Venom and Iron Man will be the first figures released.
- The figures are smaller than megamorphs, and more comparable to SWTF.

To read the full report, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Transformers Report from the British Toy Fair

Postby Overloaded » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:53 pm

I am amazed Ratchets not a voyager figure instead of a deluxe
Overloaded
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:00 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
O_o...Leader Class? Seriously? Weren't we told officially that there would only be Deluxe and Voyager classes for Animated?

Well there's a plus side to that....Bulkhead will get the size he deserves. Which means I'll have to wait for him to arrive before I get him.

Patience is not one of my strong points. lol

I wonder what Leader Class Optimus will look like and do...

I think having the Deluxe Class figures, with a Voyager Optimus and Leader Class Bulkhead would fit the look of the show's scale.

Hmm.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Tekka » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Oh sweet, Leader class Chopper-Megatron. :mrgreen: Now I really want all the Animated Decepticons.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:04 pm

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Does all that info (aside from the UK-specific portion) apply to the US and the rest of the world?

Leader class would be awesome for Animated! Any idea if Bulkhead and Prime will be in scale w/ each other? The pics I've seen (Dlx? Voy?) seem to say yes. I'm really excited about this line, enough so to possibly pay way too much for one of those early-releases on eBay. Someone please stop me!

Thx for the heads-up, nice job.
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Postby Bumblethumper » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Why would anyone want a deluxe sized Bulkhead?
Bumblethumper
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Tekka » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:10 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
I might just pick up that Venom transformer too, that sounds intriguing.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Do you realy need 3 BulkHeads?

Realy...

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Sledge » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Not sure why they've done a Voyager Bulkhead. I can understand Leader and Deluxe (one for people who want the right scale, one for people on a budget), but the Voyager one? That's for... er... people who kinda want scale but are too cheap to pay for it? :-?

Still, at least it'll put an end to the "why is Bulkhead a Deluxe when he should be bigger" moaning.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby mattyc1007 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
what about tankor

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Autobot Jazz » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:41 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:Do you realy need 3 BulkHeads?

Realy...

The 3 Bulkheads isn't really my concern, though it does seem a little excessive(seems like 3 different classes would have been reserved for BB), my main concern is which Prime I'm gonna get!(probably leader but should I also get Voyager &/or Deluxe?)
Last edited by Autobot Jazz on Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby STngAR » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:43 pm

Weapon: No Weapon
The marvel transformers makes me pull the balloon out and start blowing it up, but the phrase "more comparable to SWTF" makes the needle in the drawer come out and start a plummeting motion toward it... but I will not pop it till further info.
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.

ScottyP wrote:Kid 1 "What did you get for Christmas?"
Kid 2 "Steve.........What did you get?"
Kid 1 "John Cena!"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"

COLLECTION
STngAR
Pretender
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Alt Mode: The Litter Box
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Postby Overcracker » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Interesting, I'm kind of intrigued by th Marvelformers.

Guess they'll be more like the Shape Shifter's line rather than the megaorphers, although if they are taking the Star Wars Tf concept will they be like Megamorphers with pilots?

Never quite understood that concept:
its not like Venom would get a Symbiote Mech to pilot. Can Hulk even pilot a mech (yes he does in the Megamorpher line, don't know the reasoning behind that one). Well I guess if he is the Professor persona he can. Or are we going to get a tiny Bruce Banner figure to place inside the huge green Hulk mech. That would be kind of interesting.

Iron-Man is the only one that makes sense. Stark is the only one who could build an iron man mech for himself. Or a huge armor for that matter.

Still very intrigued. I do hope however the QC is improved. the first few waves of SWTF's were abysmal. And the Megamorpher and Shape Shifter Lines weren't really that good. Images of the horrible Punisher/Pistol Shape Shifter still haunt me. That was a terrible design IMHO. Gun barrel out of his butt hole.
http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/000581.php
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Briggs » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:05 pm

Wow that was unexpected!

Though I think I will limit myself to one of each character, so here's hoping Voyager Prime scales well with leader bulkhead.
Briggs
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Jazzz » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:56 pm

lights and sounds?
leader class bulkhead?
leader class Prime?
leader class Megs?
dude, I'm happy that these toys will be more scale. but that's 120 dollars!
I'll probably just get leader Bulkhead.
Voyager Megatron is probably gonna be awesome.
and Prime is a meh character. but I need him and I don't want to spend 40 dollars on him.

Jazz will have a G1 Deco. =P~
Jazzz
Combiner

Postby WasPWNator » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Motto: "Motto? I don't know, probably something about molecular structure..."
Weapon: Liquid Flame-Thrower
Man I hope I have enough money for leader class Megatron. If not I may have to stick with the voyager cybertron mode. But I want Helicopter megs! :(

Deluxe Bulkhead is good news though, he's one of my fav autobots, and now all us poor folk will be able to get him:)
Mkall wrote:I don't have much extra to contribute, but you have an AWESOME username

WasPWNator
Fuzor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:46 pm

Cool.
Bulkhead is a must for me.

Cool Your Circuits Bulkhead!

LOL.
That never gets old
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby Tekka » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:00 pm

I will be getting these guys to the closest scale I can. So if that means forking out £100 on Bulkhead and Megs so be it, though I will more than likely have family get me one on the cheap from the US or get one myself from eBay if they're cheap enough.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jaz-Zen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:15 pm

Booya! :grin: I TOLD ya'll Animated was gonna have a Leader class. :P Naw, just kidding, I'm not really a "told ya so" kinda guy. :) But I did know that Animated was gonna have Leader-sized Bulkhead and Megatron. I'm kinda surprised about Leader Optimus, though. I was SURE that Ultra Magnus was gonna be Leader-sized, or at least have a leader-sized version. I hope we still see leader-size UM at some point in the future, though.

Jazz has a G1 deco? That's cool. :D

- Animated will also have a renamed line very similar to the "Fast Action Battlers". This line will feature electronic lights and sounds.
That's kinda cool. I'll need to see them before I make a true judgement call, though. Oh, and I believe this quote is referencing this previously released info:
Transformers Animated Activators Assortment: 8 spring-loaded quick transforming figures

Marvel TFs comparable to SWTF? Hmm. Again, I'll have to see before I judge. I would say that its probably safe to say that Iron Man, having a robotic look anyway, would probably look okay, but I do wonder what these Marvel TFs will transform into.

Overall, cool report. Thanks! :grin:
Jaz-Zen
Fuzor

Postby UltraPrimal » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Leader Megatron, huh? That'll be a big helicopter. He should be better than the last leader Megatron. I guess leader Prime is going to be the one with the trailer. Not sure which, if any, Bulkhead I'll pick up. Good thing Jazz is in his G1 colors, 'cause I wouldn't pick him up if he wasn't. Marvel Transformers? We knew it was coming. We'll have to wait till BotCon, or until some photos are leaked, to judge how crappy they are. If doesn't sound fair, just look at the track record of Marvel Morpher and Shape Shifters. And the "comparable to SWTF" thing doesn't inspire confidence.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby First-Aid » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:09 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
MARVEL Transformers? When did I miss this news? Must be the fever I';m running...:-/
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Omega Charge » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:27 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Jaz-Zen wrote:Booya! :grin: I TOLD ya'll Animated was gonna have a Leader class. :P Naw, just kidding, I'm not really a "told ya so" kinda guy. :) But I did know that Animated was gonna have Leader-sized Bulkhead and Megatron.

Hey, don't be afraid to rub it in. we tried to tell 'em, they just didn't listen. :P
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'll bet leader class Prime will have the back half of his vehicle mode so he actually looks like a fire truck. :grin:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:37 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Omega Charge wrote:
Jaz-Zen wrote:Booya! :grin: I TOLD ya'll Animated was gonna have a Leader class. :P Naw, just kidding, I'm not really a "told ya so" kinda guy. :) But I did know that Animated was gonna have Leader-sized Bulkhead and Megatron.

Hey, don't be afraid to rub it in. we tried to tell 'em, they just didn't listen. :P

As I've said many times in the past, when I'm wrong, I'll admit it. I was wrong. That's what I get for listening to hearsay on the internet.

Personally, I'm hoping the Leader Class figures have some oomph packed into them....
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby MrMunkeepants » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:54 am

have we actually seen Earth vehicle mode Megatron? there were the screen shots from the video games, but nothing else as far as I know... well, here's hoping he looks like a cross between movie Blackout and Incinerator, except full scale!
selling all my Alternators, like new in boxes; PM me for info! I have LNIB RTS Grapple, leader Starscream, Windcharger, legends Megatron! Also: TF07 Allspark leaders
MrMunkeepants
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Legacy Evolution Core G1 Dinobots Volcanicus 2023 New"
NEW!
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON