This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:11 pm

Simon Furman has updated his blog once again, this time in relation to Devastation #5.

The Reapers make their move, besieging the Decepticons’ Command Bunker. And when we say Reapers, we don’t just mean the six badass mechs from Spotlight Sixshot, we mean Reapers… ad infinitum. Events set in motion in the aforementioned Spotlight Sixshot come to a head, but perhaps not in the way (or ways) you might have been expecting.

A certain Starscream also makes his move (and let’s face it, he’s been pretty darn immobile since way back in Infiltration #6), and a grudge stretching back to wartime Cybertron (cue flashback!) goes all full blown.

Plus, of course, more Headmasters, more Machination, more Hunter/Sunstreaker, more on the fate of Verity/Jimmy, a fateful decision for Optimus Prime and Skywatch… well, look for options!

Devastation #5 is set for release on the 6th of February (7th in the UK) so should be on your comic book shelves now. Writing is by Furman, and back in the art seat is EJ Su after missing out on Devastation #3 and #4 due to paternity leave.

To read Furman's full blog update, please click here
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:18 pm

I'm still not certain if I like Sunstreaker being a headmaster...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Dark Ops » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Motto: "Learn from the past, but don't get lost in it."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I have a feeling that Sunny won't stay a headmaster much longer. The technology might exist, but he sure as slag won't be using it. I'm sure Ratchet can de-bond him from all the partners once he gets into a properly-equipped medbay and away from the multitude of baddies currently trying to destroy him, his friends, and/or the planet.
Dark Ops
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby First-Aid » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:07 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
If only I wasn't so sick...that comic would be in my feverish (literally) palms right now...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:09 pm

Dark Ops wrote:I have a feeling that Sunny won't stay a headmaster much longer. The technology might exist, but he sure as slag won't be using it. I'm sure Ratchet can de-bond him from all the partners once he gets into a properly-equipped medbay and away from the multitude of baddies currently trying to destroy him, his friends, and/or the planet.

I hope you're right.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Mechabreaker » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:32 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I'm going to have to pick this one up, and soon before it sells out!

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Brakethrough » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:10 pm

NuclearConvoy wrote:
Dark Ops wrote:I have a feeling that Sunny won't stay a headmaster much longer. The technology might exist, but he sure as slag won't be using it. I'm sure Ratchet can de-bond him from all the partners once he gets into a properly-equipped medbay and away from the multitude of baddies currently trying to destroy him, his friends, and/or the planet.

I hope you're right.

I'd bet on just the opposite, really. There's too much drama potential for when Sideswipe shows up. We aren't really sure yet if Streaker's going to survive at all anyway, since I'm pretty sure that Hunter just picked whatever chassis was lying around at the time.
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster

Postby skyshadowprimus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14 pm

Thanks to the Chineese new year none of my comic book stores (that i know of) are open here in Singapore....poo i'll have to wait till the weekend or longer!!
skyshadowprimus
Fuzor

Postby NuclearConvoy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:21 pm

Brakethrough wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:

I hope you're right.

I'd bet on just the opposite, really. There's too much drama potential for when Sideswipe shows up. We aren't really sure yet if Streaker's going to survive at all anyway, since I'm pretty sure that Hunter just picked whatever chassis was lying around at the time.

Most likely you are right, however I still hope for the opposite.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Pyrostrata » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:05 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
I will be in my local comic store in the morning for this one for sure! Just caught up on the rest of this series, and I am DYING to see what happens!!!
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Speed: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:50 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
If something permenently bad happens to my pretty little Verity or something happens to her pretty little mini-skirt, heads will roll at IDW.

Heads

will

roll.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby ponycorn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:46 am

Just picked it up and read it last night!

Fellow Starcream fan girls, you won't be disapointed. Fellow Megatron fan girls, he's got the cutest look on his face half the comic.

Did anyone get the Cover B showing Megs and Starscream smiling and side by side in profile? Then the cover for the next issue shows them fighting side by side... but not so much on the smiling.

I was kind of expecting to see the All Hail Megatron ad in this issue, but just the Swear Alligiance was on the back. Maybe in Spotlight Arcee?
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Archanubis » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:24 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Counterpunch wrote:... or something happens to her pretty little mini-skirt, heads will roll at IDW.

Depends on the situation, don't it? ;) :P
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:33 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Thunderscream wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:... or something happens to her pretty little mini-skirt, heads will roll at IDW.

Depends on the situation, don't it? ;) :P

You lookin to become a head master ala Sunstreaker bub? :evil:

:wink:

but seriously?

Verity's legs ftw.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Mechabreaker » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:38 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Counterpunch wrote:If something permenently bad happens to my pretty little Verity or something happens to her pretty little mini-skirt, heads will roll at IDW.

Heads

will

roll.

I know what you mean, Verity is hot, and I was devastated when she was offed along with Jimmy (A bold move by Furman indeed). :-(

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby Archanubis » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:41 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Counterpunch wrote:You lookin to become a head master ala Sunstreaker bub? :evil:

(:| What?

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Verity and Jimmy were revealed to simply be in shock, and Ratchet declared them "dead" because he's unfamiliar with human physiology. Yeah, he's a medic, but he's a medic for a race of machines. I'm not sure how much knowledge even the Autobots would attain on organic body functions, especially since they were trying to avoid contact with the natives.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Furman did off them.

What I'd like to know is 1)Is this the issue Soundwave "wakes up" and 2) Is this Scorponok's revelation issue (he was hinted at in #3)?
Archanubis
City Commander

Postby Pyrostrata » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:19 pm

ponycorn wrote:Just picked it up and read it last night!

Fellow Starcream fan girls, you won't be disapointed. Fellow Megatron fan girls, he's got the cutest look on his face half the comic.

I was definitely giddy with fan-girl-ness for Megs with this issue.....Always nice to see Megatron show us he has a sense of humor somewhere in that metal facade of his!

And Starscream's reappearance was not disappointing! :grin:

Devastation #5=100% WIN!!!
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff

Postby MaP_Prime » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:40 pm

This issue like every other one of this arc has me wanting more! Starscream is awake and bashing heads, MEgatron and the remaining Decepticons have mobilized for war, and the Autobots are packing up and leaving. Man, Devastation #6 is going to be bad ass and I can't wait for the next continuation. Looks like the war is very much alive.
"You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues."
Batman to Wonder Woman, Justice League Unlimited Episode 6: The Little Piggy
MaP_Prime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Moonbase2 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:04 pm

I have GOT to find a comic book store in my new town! I'm dying here! No Blaster and no this!
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Pyrostrata » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:15 pm

Moonbase2 wrote:I have GOT to find a comic book store in my new town! I'm dying here! No Blaster and no this!

I just did that myself....my old store was forever away from my current residence...and I NEEDED some stuff, so I had to locate one out this way...Not easy when you live in The Sticks...but I did! :grin:

Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff

Postby MYoung23 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:19 pm

I got it yesterday and what Prime did absolutely shocked me.

There are so many threads going on big and small that I hope it doesnt get too convoluted.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr

Postby lodelco » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:39 am

What the hell? I know Prime has other business to attend to but he can't pull EVERYBODY out of Earth. Maybe Hound's unit will take over.

Although this should make Decepticon fans happy. It would be so easy for them to take over Earth at this point.
lodelco
Fuzor

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0124IM329 7D (CA) Allen (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 JUN230377 3C (CA) Mali (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM407 4B (CA) Diberkato (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 0224IM322 8C (CA) Araújo +O’Halloran"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721C"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B GI JOE 1223IM272 (CA) Shalvey (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B GI JOE 0124IM248 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #5 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Perlin 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #5 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D 0124IM241 Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM820 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON