This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

An Inside Look at Shia LeBeouf

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

An Inside Look at Shia LeBeouf

Postby Stormrider » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:32 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
We know that Shia LaBeouf will be playing Sam Witwicky in the upcoming Transformers Movie. But how much do you really know of Shia?

The DailyBulletin.com had a chance to talk with Shia and learn more about his background from a foulmouthed preteen stand-up comedian, to a hard working Disney teen idol, to a quickly rising Hollywood star. Check out the interview and read what Shia had to say about working on the Transformers Movie and his relationship with Michael Bay.
Last edited by Stormrider on Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Neko » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:41 am

I liked that interview. Now I want to go see Disturbia. 8)
Neko
Brainmaster
News Credits: 20

Postby Psychout » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:42 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
That is possibly the most disturbing news title I have ever read.
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Gutsman Heavy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:56 am

and July's special-effects extravaganza, "Transformers," a live-action version of the goofy TV show/toy line directed by blast master Michael Bay

burn them!
Gutsman Heavy
Combiner
News Credits: 5

Postby Kayevcee » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:18 am

Welcome to another thrilling installment of "how the general public sees us" :)

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon
News Credits: 3

Postby Robinson » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:38 am

Kayevcee wrote:Welcome to another thrilling installment of "how the general public sees us" :)

-Nick

You have to realize the the "general public" will always look down upon 30 year old men that still collect toys and watch cartoons, its the reality we live in and oh well.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:50 am

I wonder if he would ever show up to a Botcon?
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Overloaded » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:43 am

Wheeljack35 wrote:I wonder if he would ever show up to a Botcon?

If he goes peole will have to take a number to beat him up
Overloaded
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby fabiobasile » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:47 am

I'll be 30 this year and i'll be 40 ten years from now and i know for a fact that Transformers G1 was about the only show with value, meaning and creativity on TV to this day.

But of course nowadays people are too "serious" to realize that just because a story is animated doesn't mean that it's not worth recognizing its value beyond entertainment. On the other hand it's not even their fault... if i think of when it REALLY started... Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Pokemon... urgh.... no wonder why people bag on animated shows today. Looks like to get some dignity we have to use the Simpsons and SouthPark as leverage.
fabiobasile
Mini-Con

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:28 pm

Actors are like band members to me, I care about the work they do, not who they are.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Nico » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:20 pm

Goofy?GOOFY??? Did they just said GOOFY???
THE SON OF A *BEEPS*
BRING THEM TO THE PYRE!!! LETS TORTURE THEM!!!WRUUAAAAAAR!!!!

Ok, seriously, i beleive they base themselves on the new crappy cartoon...i hope they do...
Nico
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Mr.RobotoAutoMan » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:57 pm

"Bay is great; he's Gen. Patton," LaBeouf enthuses. "It's a different type of relationship. D.J. Caruso couldn't make 'Transformers,' and Michael Bay couldn't make 'Disturbia.' They're two different shades of artists.

no sh*t. bay is known for great action movies like "THE ROCK" and "BAD BOYS 2" with that great freeway chase. i dont know who dj caruso is though?
Mr.RobotoAutoMan
Combiner

Postby Sentinel Pax » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:32 pm

Wow...these posts don't sound hostile at all. Yeah, he called it goofy. Face it guys, the G1 show wasn't exactly serious material. I mean, nobody died, none of the fights were seriously intense...but that doesn't mean it wasn't any good. It was just...goofy. Now Beast Wars, on the other hand...mmmm...goodness. Haha.
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:08 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Eh, I don't care if they call it goofy.

It was a cartoon, and it's a toyline.

Goofy is part of it's nature.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Predaprince » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:33 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Apex Convoy wrote:Wow...these posts don't sound hostile at all. Yeah, he called it goofy. Face it guys, the G1 show wasn't exactly serious material. I mean, nobody died, none of the fights were seriously intense...but that doesn't mean it wasn't any good. It was just...goofy. Now Beast Wars, on the other hand...mmmm...goodness. Haha.

Maybe you should take another look at G1 since your memory seems to be fading.
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby D-340 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:52 pm

Predaprince wrote:
Apex Convoy wrote:Wow...these posts don't sound hostile at all. Yeah, he called it goofy. Face it guys, the G1 show wasn't exactly serious material. I mean, nobody died, none of the fights were seriously intense...but that doesn't mean it wasn't any good. It was just...goofy. Now Beast Wars, on the other hand...mmmm...goodness. Haha.

I just was watching it, and yeah, the original cartoon is pretty goofy. I love the old G1 stuff to no end, but outside of the movie, it was pretty campy. Man people are just way to sensitive, but oh well I suppose. It just seems every little thing involved with the movie tends to offend everyone, it's gone well beyond ridiculous.

To the topic, I didn't know he did stand up. Interesting read.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Stormrider » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I think Shia's background is pretty interesting.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Sentinel Pax » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:40 pm

Predaprince wrote:

No, my memory isn't fading, I'm only a wee lad of 16, so it would be a bit early for Alzheimer's to set in. I simply have to agree that G1, as much as I enjoy it, was in fact goofy. I mean, come on, the episode where the caucasian leader of India set up solar panels at his palace and the autobots drove on water using Wheeljack's recently invented hydrofoils? Goofy.
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby Predaprince » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:46 pm

Apex Convoy wrote:
Predaprince wrote:

No, my memory isn't fading, I'm only a wee lad of 16, so it would be a bit early for Alzheimer's to set in. I simply have to agree that G1, as much as I enjoy it, was in fact goofy. I mean, come on, the episode where the caucasian leader of India set up solar panels at his palace and the autobots drove on water using Wheeljack's recently invented hydrofoils? Goofy.

My statement was not about the goofiness, which I agree it is, but that their was "death" and quite excellent fight sequences and not just in the movie.
Predaprince
God Of Transformers

Postby Sentinel Pax » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:01 pm

Predaprince wrote:
Apex Convoy wrote:
Predaprince wrote:

My statement was not about the goofiness, which I agree it is, but that their was "death" and quite excellent fight sequences and not just in the movie.

Well, the closest thing to a death I remember was when Skyfire was re-buried in ice...and then left there by the Autobots...who then dug him out when whey needed him again. Best fight sequence, in my opinion, is the first one between Megatron and Prime atop Sherman Dam. Mmmm...the original energon weapons.
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby Faceful of Kitchen » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:03 pm

well, at least this article admits that "disturbia" is an shameless rip-off of rear window. that's something, at least. but shia still annoys the hell out of me.
Faceful of Kitchen
Minibot

Postby JEDI ALCHEMIST » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:07 pm

Goofy tv show? suck my turbo charger!
JEDI ALCHEMIST
Micromaster

Postby JEDI ALCHEMIST » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:13 pm

Hardly! but still it was "good"
JEDI ALCHEMIST
Micromaster

Postby SeekerInAFakeMoustache » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:59 am

Transformers the 'toon had some goofy aspects. It also had some brilliant aspects. "Kremzeek" was silly; "Cosmic Rust" emphatically was not. It's just as skewed to condemn the entire series on its flaws as it is to be willfully blind to them.

But I like the interview just the same. I hope to see more of 'em.
In the wrong hands...Image
SeekerInAFakeMoustache
Minibot

Postby Predaprince » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:12 am

SeekerInAFakeMoustache wrote:It's just as skewed to condemn the entire series on its flaws as it is to be willfully blind to them.

Agreed.
Predaprince
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 yellow muscle car 201217a"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER HOT SHOT 14" tall Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 New"
POWER HOT SHOT 14" ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON