This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Press Release: Premium Movie Toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro Press Release: Premium Movie Toys

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Hasbro have issued another Press Release, this time relating to the release of Premium Series Movie figures.

TRANSFORMERS Movie Premium Series Rolls Out to Retail!
Continuing in Spring ’08, TRANSFORMERS fans will be able to get the ‘best of’ TRANSFORMERS Movie characters in Deluxe, Voyager and Leader classes at retail! These characters all feature premium deco treatments and finishes and silver foil packaging to create the ultimate collectible movie figures.

Transformers Movie Premium Series DELUXE CLASS (SRPs: $9.99)

Premium Series BARRICADE
Keeping his armor polished and his vehicle mode looking sharp, Premium Series BARRICADE is hoping that MEGATRON will return again soon to lead the DECEPTICONS to glory. In the meantime, BARRICADE has made some changes to his vehicle mode in order to blend in better and bide his time till MEGATRON’s hopeful return.

Premium Series AUTOBOT JAZZ
Since getting off-lined by DECEPTICON BRAWL, AUTOBOT JAZZ has worked with IRONHIDE to upgrade his endoskeleton reinforcements and has kept his vehicle mode absolutely pristine. Something about getting so badly damaged made him care even more than he used to about looking good.

Premium Series BUMBLEBEE
Ever since the final battle against the DECEPTICONS, BUMBLEBEE has been meticulous about his appearance. With Sam’s help he immediately buffed out every scratch in his finish for a premium sales-room shine. But don’t let his premium finish fool you because BUMBLEBEE is always ready for battle against any DECEPTICON enemy with his new battle mask head sculpt.

Transformers Movie Premium Series VOYAGER CLASS (SRPs: $19.99)

Premium Series IRONHIDE
With the war finally over, IRONHIDE is free to return to the simple, easy life he knew before. Captain Lennox has been kind enough to lend him some space in his barn to store the crates containing his weapons collection. In return for IRONHIDE watching over his family while he is away on duty, Lennox keeps the old AUTOBOT warrior in perfect condition.

Premium Series BLACKOUT
The only goals BLACKOUT ever had were to serve MEGATRON, fight for DECEPTICON dominance and be the most perfect soldier he could. He follows orders without question, even to the point of self-termination and maintains himself and his weapons in pristine condition.

Transformers Movie Premium Series LEADER CLASS (SRPs: $39.99)

Premium Series OPTIMUS PRIME
OPTIMUS PRIME now travels the streets of Earth in his super-detailed Semi vehicle mode searching for MEGATRON and his evil DECEPTICON forces. As OPTIMUS PRIME enters the battlefield he is prepared to engage in close combat with his new energy sword and Movie accurate head sculpt.

Premium Series MEGATRON
As MEGATRON reboots to full awareness from the melting ice that has kept him prisoner for ten thousand years, he is prepared to seek revenge for every indignity to which he has been subjected. With his movie accurate detail, MEGATRON is ready to destroy all who stand in his way and finish the battle against those pesky AUTOBOTS!

To check out the Full Press release, including images of the figures, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Hasbro Press Release: Premium Movie Toys

Postby Agent 007 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Wow the bios are lame. And Jazz was killed by Megatron not Brawl. :?
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby First-Aid » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:49 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I really like the new paint...It really does look metallic (hopefully not because there is LEAD in there...heh heh). Megatron looks SOOOO much better with this coloration than before.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Overcracker » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:57 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
As OPTIMUS PRIME enters the battlefield he is prepared to engage in close combat with his new energy sword and Movie accurate head sculpt.

"Wait wait, my head-sculpt isn't accurate to the movie, I can't go out to the battlefield looking like this"

"Ahh there much better" I am know Premium Prime, and look... my head sculpt is accurate to my movie appearance, thank you Hasbro designers."
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm gonna pretty much skip all of Premium.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Firebird » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
Liege Evilmus wrote:I'm gonna pretty much skip all of Premium.

Yea I'm doing the same. Between Botcon and Universe/Animated there are better toys for me to spend my money on then these "premium" repaints.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Jazzz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:34 pm

Hmm..
thought it'd be released later.
Well, that's good. I still don't have Jazz and Blackout. I also don't have Starscream but Target will release a repaint. I'd love another Bumblebee and Barricade, i can't get enough of their molds.
Though prime and megs are still a maybe.
Megs got a crappy mold but his colors are really nice and prime has a sword plus a new head. but are they worth all the money?
Jazzz
Combiner

Postby Blurrz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Premium line is so pointless. Its just milking. Like.. I know it gives a great chance for people to buy figures they missed. But c'mon.. who could've missed earlier figures?

The main figures were released in June 07, a month before the movie craze started. So that gave a month, which is alot of time for a collector, to collect the movie line figures.

I predict the Premium line going into a downward spiral. Sorry.. that's just me. If Hasbro wanted to attract Collectors into the movie line-up, they should have done it back in June 07
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Nekoman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Mr.Bond007 wrote:Wow the bios are lame. And Jazz was killed by Megatron not Brawl. :?

Actually in the game Brawl killed Jazz instead of Megatron.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:17 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Premium series should have a new name 'The vain series'...

It's going to be really hard to find the perfect version to keep in pristine MISB/MOSC condition.

And I guess they already re-wrote movie history, as was mentioned earlier, apparently Brawl just dinged up Jazz, and he was not actually deactivated and ripped in half by Megatron.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Autobotic9 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:31 pm

I'm gonna get Premium Ironhide because I missed out on the initial releAse
Skywarp is afraid of the creepy grey bar of ads.

A Terrifying...Terrorist. Silence! I kill you!
Autobotic9
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:21 pm

Sweetness! I cant wait to get ironhide and megs.
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby Orion_Prime48 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 pm

well im skipping all but if I find Optimus and leader Megs (have the original basic Voyager) and OP is the only movie figure im still missing im buying em if I have the money
My Sale Thread
Sledge wrote: :shock: I REALLY don't want to know what a "cumputer" is used for. A little one-handed web surfing, perhaps?
Orion_Prime48
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:24 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Even if the toys don't interest me, Ironhide's bio does. I'd love to see them keep that in the TF2 storyline, not to mention, I thought Duhamel did a great job. It'd be cool to see him return.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby No Death for Prowl » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:47 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:I'm gonna pretty much skip all of Premium.

I'll have to agree with that, though the Premium Megatron might be worth picking up since I never bought that figure in the first place and he DOES look far better this way. But there was more than just paint job that I found questionable with that figure.

Really, by the time these figures come out, who is going to care about the movie figures anymore to plunk down even more money on figures they already likely have owned in some shape or form? :-?
No Death for Prowl
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby olokin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 am

I agree. they are lame bios. This wave seems to focus more on how the movie characters want to keep their shells pristine.
I hope to get premium BB and maybe Blackout but I won't go out of my way to get them if can't find them in retail.
olokin
City Commander

Postby Raymond101 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:34 pm

The toys look good. I really want Premium Prime, Bumbles, Jazz, and Ironhide.

But the bios are definitely the worst. I cringed while reading them.

I miss the Cybertron bios. They were long, didn't waste lines, and were mostly cool.

EDIT: Holy **** I returned to the first place, re-read the bios and now I feel even worse. Of all the bios, only Blackout and Ironhide's are believable. You know something's wrong when the Premium bios are lamer than the original toys'. How on earth does a 'movie accurate head sculpt' you fight a better battle?

Prime's bio is incredibly lame.

Megatron also gets 0/10 for insertion of the word 'pesky'.
Transformers 00, a Transformers/Gundam 00 fanfiction. Check it out if you're interested! :)
Raymond101
Brainmaster

Postby Auto Bot » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:06 am

Where are the pictures? I can't find it in the Hasbro site.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Bonger » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:04 am

Auto Bot wrote:Where are the pictures? I can't find it in the Hasbro site.

Click the link in the news story...
Bonger
City Commander

Postby Auto Bot » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks. got it. :)

So not all premiums have pictures?
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #19 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 19B JAN200701"
TRANSFORMERS #19 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221600 (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers INFILTRATION #1 RI-B 1:50 foil IDW Comics 2006 1RIB (CA) Guidi"
Transformers INFIL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210456 1B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ESCALATION #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2007 3B (W) Furman (CA) Scherwinski"
Transformers ESCAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #100 CE IDW Comics 2014 100CE convention 230207B"
Transformers REGEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #43 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Macchio (CA) Trimpe 231222W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot RI 1:10 IDW Comics (CA) Christiansen 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr C Cliffjumper Image Comics 2023 1123IM825 (CA)Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210581 36B (CA) Powell"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON