This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

R.I.P HD-DVD, Transformers on Blu-Ray already?

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

R.I.P HD-DVD, Transformers on Blu-Ray already?

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:59 pm

According to CNN.com, it would appear that HD-DVD is finished, with Toshiba stating that it would:
cease developing, manufacturing, and marketing HD DVDs after "recent major changes in the market." It promised to continue offering support and service for all existing Toshiba HD DVD products.

This comes on the back of news that Warner Brothers Home Entertainment announced that they would only be releasing DVD's in Blu Ray form, and Walmart announcing their support of only Blu-Ray DVD's.

Meanwhile, engadgethd.com have posted a very blurry image of what appears to be a listing for the 2 disc edition of the Transformers Movie on Blu Ray in Circuit City internal Database. Since the release has not been confirmed by Dreamworks or Paramount, it can only be assumed as a rumour.
You can check out the image below, or at the engadgethd.com website.

Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: R.I.P HD-DVD, Transformers on Blu-Ray already?

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:07 pm

I read about this morning. I was gonna mention it, but I was already an hour late for stupid work.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Big Grim » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:25 pm

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
I knew it was only a matter of time. Toshiba are wise to consider pulling out now. It'll save them money in the long run.

Long live Blu-Ray!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby saberconvoy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:37 pm

Well if it is on blue ray then theres my ticket to the PS3. :grin:
saberconvoy
Minibot

Postby Pirate Man » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:42 pm

I hope this doesn't mean PS3's will be going up in price :(. Though I will still wait for it to fall $700 dollars AU is still a bit much for a George Foreman's Griller. When it falls down to $400 (at least half the price of a modern computer I will consider getting one, I did so on my Xbox 360 Pro with 4 new games Viva Pintaya, Forza 2, Banjo Kazooie and Golden Compass (though they didnt have this available so I chose Blue Dragon :)) total package $590 - 10% staff d/c at that time in target = $530 Score!!!).

Though I seriously doubt my own comment o/w the WII and Xbox 360 will own them time and time again.
Pirate Man
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:43 pm

Weapon: Sword
I already have it on standard DVD and HD DVD, but if I decide to convert all my HD DVDs to Blu I will just wait until the price drops or it goes on sale. I got the movie on standard DVD just so I could loan it to friends.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby GreenLantern of Cybertron » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Motto: "Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light!"
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Hologram Gun
FANTASTIC!
I knew I didn't buy the regular DVD for a reason!

Oh if you are going HD, you might want to buy a PS3,
its cheaper than most Blu-ray players I see and I personally recommend that over xbox360 unless you are a big halo fan.
Freedom is a sacred right,
for all sentient beings for who I fight,
let evil know fear and doubt,
Green Lantern Corps transform and roll out!
GreenLantern of Cybertron
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby First-Aid » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
saberconvoy wrote:Well if it is on blue ray then theres my ticket to the PS3. :grin:

That's what i told my wife...she's making me wait till it gets cheaper. :-(
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby Duo Prime » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:00 pm

Well...it appears to say "TRANSFORWIERS", so maybe it's an all- together different DVD than we thought. :wink:
Duo Prime
Fuzor

Postby NuclearConvoy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:39 pm

Ha! Eat my @$$ HD-DVD~!
I've been supporting Blu-Ray since before Hi-Def films were released and Blu-Ray was just being talked about!
Ha! I knew it'd win! Booyeah! Booyeah! Booyeah!
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Savage » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:04 am

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Sure, I post this same thread an hour earlier, and nobody replies, trunks posts it and now everybody sees it. :P

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35983
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Ravage XK » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:33 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Savage wrote:Sure, I post this same thread an hour earlier, and nobody replies, trunks posts it and now everybody sees it. :P

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35983

Yeah, and I have had a nice healthy thread going about this for day now over in the movie forum!!

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby BLIX007 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:07 am

"All Hail the conquering hero" :APPLAUSE: Unfortunatly a possible draw back to this is an increase in prices since there is no longer any competition. I maybe wrong though.
"Getting older is Inevitable....Growing up is Optional"

http://blix007.deviantart.com/
BLIX007
Micromaster

Postby Bouncy X » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:20 am

BLIX007 wrote:"All Hail the conquering hero" :APPLAUSE: Unfortunatly a possible draw back to this is an increase in prices since there is no longer any competition. I maybe wrong though.

well there's still regular DVD. blu-ray and HD-DVD only accounted for around 5% of disc sales so blu-ray still has to convince the average buyer so there's still competition there. and until it becomes the mainstream, if they're smart they will lower prices to compete. many people are glad blu-ray won but are still avoiding buying any until priced are more reasonable.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby NuclearConvoy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Bouncy X wrote:
BLIX007 wrote:"All Hail the conquering hero" :APPLAUSE: Unfortunatly a possible draw back to this is an increase in prices since there is no longer any competition. I maybe wrong though.

well there's still regular DVD. blu-ray and HD-DVD only accounted for around 5% of disc sales so blu-ray still has to convince the average buyer so there's still competition there. and until it becomes the mainstream, if they're smart they will lower prices to compete. many people are glad blu-ray won but are still avoiding buying any until priced are more reasonable.

Like me. I can't afford a bluray player or an hdtv but I'm a big supporter of the technology behind blu-ray.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby T-Macksimus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:14 am

Well, there's nothing like a total monopoly to guarantee that those of us with limited incomes get screwed even harder than before. I'm not opposed to new advances in technology, but on a larger scale of thought, it proves a little more difficult for some of us to share the broad spectrum of the TF world with the upcoming generation of fans when we are limitied in the mediums in which we are able to present the stuff to them. I can tell my kids all about the cool TF stuff that's to come, but will they get to see it? @#$* NO! Not till it's ancient news! Can they share it with their friends? Same answer. Tech is great so long as it isn't forced down someones throat and that is exactly what is going on here. Convert or get left in the dark ages whether you can afford to do it or not. I hope Bay is happy with himself for being a whiny bitch about the whole thing from the start.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Big Grim » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Twaddle. DVD is still gonna be supported fer a good while yet. Nothing is being forced down your throat. You can still show yer kid all the cool stuff on DVD. In a year or two, as Blu-Ray really establishes itself, it'll get cheaper so that everyone can have them. Just as DVD did. To believe otherwise is naive.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby optibotimus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:46 am

apparently...it might not be the 2007 movie they're refering to circuit city getting...

apparently the old animated cartoon is now on blu-ray...so that might be what they're talking about...
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Combiner
News Credits: 44

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Construct-Bots MEGATRON Elite Class Transformers E1:05 G1 Hasbro New 2013"
Construct-Bots MEG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWERVE Transformers G1 Mini-bot Legion vtg reissue Walmart 2020 New 230811A"
SWERVE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Fuzor AIR HAMMER Transformers Beast Wars Basic complete Hasbro 1998 230609A"
Fuzor AIR HAMMER T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210460 12RI (CA) Jones"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200413 1B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Insecticons Cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210538 1B"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210580 36A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON