This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

No Debut for Jizaitoys - Powerglide

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

No Debut for Jizaitoys - Powerglide

Postby Stormrider » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
For all of you that have been waiting for the Jizaitoys release of Powerglide and Wheelie will need to wait a bit longer.

You may remember that Powerglide's debut was planned for the February 24th Winter Wonder Festival in Tokyo last week. In addition, the company was planning to re-release Wheelie as well. Unfortunately, Jizaitoys failed to appear at the festival because they got trapped in a snow storm at Hokkaido's airport. So both toys failed to make their appearance.

The owner of Jizaitoys, Emperor Leo, has informed me that they plan to sell Powerglide and Wheelie during the Summer Wonder Festival 2008. Unfortunately, they cannot sell their toys through any other venue (ie - the Internet, mail orders, etc). The reason is because Jizaitoys has received special copyright permission from TakaraTomy to sell their Transformers in limited quantities only during the Wonder Festivals in Japan. As disappointing as this may seem to fans - the good news is that TakaraTomy recognizes these toys as Transformers, which makes them more official. The next Wonder Festival has not been official announced yet, but will likely be held in July or August.

As reported earlier, Jizaitoys Transformers are garage kits that are painted, but need assembly. The toys are lauded for their G1 accurate characters and alt modes. Octane is still in the works, but there is no word yet if it will be ready in time for the next event.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Re: No Debut for Jizaitoys - Powerglide

Postby OptitronPrime » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:55 pm

Well I'm pissed, but Classics Powerglide will do I guess
Want List:Armada Skywarp, Cybertron Thunderblast, Energon Dreadwing or Mirage.
OptitronPrime
Combiner

Postby tacogrande » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:05 pm

Just because Takara gives their okay, doesn't make them official. I love the look of these g1 accurate figures, but it's no different than hasbro giving the ok for people to sell their customs on ebay.

This powerglide makes the classics one look like the garbage it is. Haters can say whatever you want, but this one guy made a far more appealing product to me than that huge disappointment hasbro is going to release.

(PS For the record I think the rest of classics 2 is awesome, but powerglide is garbage)
tacogrande
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby Autobot Jazz » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:06 pm

OptitronPrime wrote:Well I'm pissed, but Classics Powerglide will do I guess

Same, but I'm excited for Octane and his Classics countepart.
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby olokin » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:10 pm

Then these are official TFs if they recognized by TakaraTomy. The limited venues they can sell their products would only serve to drive their resale value higher.
olokin
City Commander

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:29 pm

That sucks! But what sucks more is that these kick ass kits aren't going to be wide released.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby UltraPrimal » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:05 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Only selling these figures at a Japanese convention seems extremely stupid to me. Why doesn't Takara Tomy just buy Jizaitoys and keep them working on figures like these? That way the world can enjoy them without having to go through scalpers and stuff.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:25 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Man, that guy knows his ish. Oh well, like most things in life... if it's that good it's worth the wait.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Stormrider » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:30 pm

UltraPrimal wrote:Only selling these figures at a Japanese convention seems extremely stupid to me. Why doesn't Takara Tomy just buy Jizaitoys and keep them working on figures like these? That way the world can enjoy them without having to go through scalpers and stuff.

It does seem like TakaraTomy could do well if they bought Jizaitoys.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Prankmeister » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:01 pm

tacogrande wrote:Just because Takara gives their okay, doesn't make them official. I love the look of these g1 accurate figures, but it's no different than hasbro giving the ok for people to sell their customs on ebay.

This powerglide makes the classics one look like the garbage it is. Haters can say whatever you want, but this one guy made a far more appealing product to me than that huge disappointment hasbro is going to release.

(PS For the record I think the rest of classics 2 is awesome, but powerglide is garbage)

Not being G1 accurate doesn't automatically make Classics Powerglide garbage, esspecially when nobody has even seen it inside its box in person let alone fooled around with it. Yeah, the kit looks really nice and all, but I'm quite fond of the Classics version too, and find it sort of silly that you're trying to judge a figure six months before it's even released.
Prankmeister
Micromaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:39 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Man, forget Classics. These are what Hasbro should be giving us instead. They're like tiny Masterpiece figures.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby tacogrande » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:15 am

Prankmeister wrote:
tacogrande wrote:Just because Takara gives their okay, doesn't make them official. I love the look of these g1 accurate figures, but it's no different than hasbro giving the ok for people to sell their customs on ebay.

Not being G1 accurate doesn't automatically make Classics Powerglide garbage, esspecially when nobody has even seen it inside its box in person let alone fooled around with it. Yeah, the kit looks really nice and all, but I'm quite fond of the Classics version too, and find it sort of silly that you're trying to judge a figure six months before it's even released.

I think it's quite silly of you to be fond of a figure nobody has seen in its box in person let alone fooled around with it. Your words (and grammar) not mine.

See how that works? It's called an opinion. You don't have to agree, but to be fair classics powerglide might be a nice toy as far as toys go, but he's got to many problems for me to spend $20+. First, he is way too huge (why start using scale now, the jets are all deluxes) especially for a figure that was a minicon. He should be a deluxe, and not be white or silver. That plus the sculpt itself isn't all that great as far as transformers go. He'll be the first classics I pass on, and this is all something I can tell straight from the pictures. Why should I be fond of a figure 6 months before it's release? Just to accept everything? I understand you like it and that's great but why would you think it's silly that someone else doesn't think the same way as you or like all the same things? I know you didn't mean anything malicious but I'm curious.
tacogrande
Fuzor

Postby Randomus_Prime » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:55 am

Sabrblade wrote:Man, forget Classics. These are what Hasbro should be giving us instead. They're like tiny Masterpiece figures.

I 300% agree. Plus the fact that this totally looks like Powerglide, color and all. Jizai toys Powerglide is the shiznit! Ha ha. :)
Randomus_Prime
Mini-Con

Postby Stormrider » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:21 am

Yes, it's too bad that Takara and Hasbro can't make G1 accurate Transformers except for the Masterpiece series.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby iron maniac » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:24 am

Motto: "Life Flows On Within You And Without You"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:Man, forget Classics. These are what Hasbro should be giving us instead. They're like tiny Masterpiece figures.

Do you own a Jizaitoys Cyclonus or Wheelie? I own both of them.

If you did own either one, I promise you, you would NOT say that.

You guys talk about them like they are so superior to what Hasbro/Takara has put out, I'm telling you they are not even close. Superior to Hasbro in LOOKS? Sure. BUT THATS IT!

Masterpieces? Laughable. Not even anywhere remotely close in quality, not even the same ball park.

While they both LOOK great in both modes, they have many, MANY issues. Ask anyone that actually owns one and they'll tell you the same thing.

Jazaitoys are OK but still need some MAJOR tweaking to put them on a level with even a BASIC Hasbro TF.

Try transforming one of them & you'll see exactly what I mean, try even something as simple as posing one and you'll see as well. They don't stay together well in either mode, SHAKY at best. Keeping Cyclonus in jet mode? Not gonna happen.

Comparing these to real Hasbro or Takara toys is nothing less than a joke. They are well designed visually BUT VERY POORLY engineered.

Don't get me wrong, I really like my Cyclonus & Wheelie BUT they aren't better than a real TF toy.

Take them for what they are: custom, amateur made toys. Better than most, but still just that.
iron maniac
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1
Buy from iron maniac on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Nujevad » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:23 am

Not that I'm trying to put Jizaitoys down, but I wish some company would make bootlegs of their toys so that the rest of us would be able to get them.
Nujevad
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Defcon! » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:00 am

Motto: ""No one escapes Defcon. No one.""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
Those are some really cool figures! Love the powerglide better than the classics 2 pumped up on steroids powerglide. Why the hell would they do that to powerglide. I just don't understand! :???:
Defcon!
Godmaster
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby rhinox555 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:46 am

Noooooo! that thing was gonna substitute in my collection for the failure that is white giant-glide!
Spike:Oh sh*t what are we gonna do now?
-Decepticon Rhinox of Transtopia
rhinox555
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Prankmeister » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:51 am

tacogrande wrote:
Prankmeister wrote:

I think it's quite silly of you to be fond of a figure nobody has seen in its box in person let alone fooled around with it. Your words (and grammar) not mine.

See how that works? It's called an opinion. You don't have to agree, but to be fair classics powerglide might be a nice toy as far as toys go, but he's got to many problems for me to spend $20+. First, he is way too huge (why start using scale now, the jets are all deluxes) especially for a figure that was a minicon. He should be a deluxe, and not be white or silver. That plus the sculpt itself isn't all that great as far as transformers go. He'll be the first classics I pass on, and this is all something I can tell straight from the pictures. Why should I be fond of a figure 6 months before it's release? Just to accept everything? I understand you like it and that's great but why would you think it's silly that someone else doesn't think the same way as you or like all the same things? I know you didn't mean anything malicious but I'm curious.

All I was saying is that I think the figure might turn out to be pretty good. I like the way the kit looks, but I'm not going to write off Classics Powerglide either. Hey, it just might be crap, but is it possible to tell that right now? Not really. I'll just wait for the reviews of the figure when it comes out before I judge it fully.
Prankmeister
Micromaster

Postby tacogrande » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:28 am

And that's totally cool. But for me I can already tell just from the pics that the figure isn't what I want out of powerglide. Still even if this was released in cybertron with a completely different (possibly brand new) name, I still wouldn't want it.

Like with animated, I can understand how people will look at the pics and say they have no interest. I disagree, and will probably buy every animated figure (even though I promised myself I'd start saving that $$) but I'm not going to tell them they're wrong for judging from the pictures.

That's all I'm getting at. Maybe you thought I was another die hard g1'er, and I'm not (though I do prefer g1). I just don't like the design of the toy is all.
tacogrande
Fuzor

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:43 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Does ironmaniac own one? Are they really scraptacular as you describe them?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6

Postby iron maniac » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:33 pm

Motto: "Life Flows On Within You And Without You"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
fenrir72 wrote:Does ironmaniac own one? Are they really scraptacular as you describe them?

I own Cyclonus & Wheelie.
They aren't "bad", just not anywhere near as good as people are making them out to be here. The build quality just is not there.
iron maniac
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1
Buy from iron maniac on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Skill: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:20 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Soft plastic? Anyway,you are fortunate to own one.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6

Postby Auto Bot » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:48 am

These Jizaitoys are impressive.

How do they figure with Hasbro? Are they official toys?
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON