This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Animated Official Bio's Updated

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers: Animated Official Bio's Updated

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Hasbro have updated their Transformers: Animated section, with new Biographies for several Transformers: Animated Characters.

Among the Newly added Bio's and Tech Specs are "Autobot Grimlock" "Swoop" "Snarl" and "Soundwave". Also updated are some sound files for characters such as Blackarachnia and Lockdown.

To check out the new and updated Bio's for the Transformers: Animated characters, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Transformers: Animated Official Bio's Updated

Postby microclone » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:05 pm

interesting that slag has been renamed snarl, oh dear thats going to cause a lot of upset, snarl seems to suit a triceratops way more than a stegosaur, the small stego head doesnt seem to warrant a 'snarl' as such.

anyway i guess the negative connotation of the name 'slag' was of concern perhaps, im not sure if in the USA its a big deal but in the UK the word slag is quite derogatory, its slang for 'easy woman' (seems men dont need a specific designation in that respect as they are all 'easy' by default)

the dino colour schemes are excellent, grimlock is red/grey and gold, G1 or what! and i like the swoop nod to the old diaclone colours with the blue.
microclone
Headmaster Jr

Postby Omega Charge » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:16 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
It seems these are some powerful guys! Snarl likes to break stuff, Grimlock is as strong as Megatron, Swoop with the ball and chain we'll see on Saturday...yet Bulkhead beat them single-handedly...

Next eppy should be a good one.
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Autobot Jazz » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:17 pm

microclone wrote:interesting that slag has been renamed snarl, oh dear thats going to cause a lot of upset, snarl seems to suit a triceratops way more than a stegosaur, the small stego head doesnt seem to warrant a 'snarl' as such.

I think they renamed him beacuse of trouble aquiring the rights to the name Slag, of course, they just could have named hin Autobot Slag or Dinobot Slag. There could have also been some confusion with his name being a form of slang in the transformers multiverse. Calling him Snarl also means there's even less of a chance of my favorite Dinobot apperaing in Animated. I'm not to fond of his and Swoops robot modes, but judging by description and past experinece, they'll probably stay in alt mode most of the time.
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby microclone » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:24 pm

looking at the bio page characters all together you seee one of the strengths of animated, the characters are totally distinct from each other, i bet theres very few out there who couldnt name each animated character so far. maybe with bulkhead and lugnut some could get a bit confused, well maybe not.........
microclone
Headmaster Jr

Postby Omega Charge » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
:|

I could name them all...
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby JustinRODimus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:57 pm

wow the new slag-er.. i mean, "snarl" looks siiiick!! i don't even care if they renamed him. for some reason, i find him very cool!
JustinRODimus
Minibot

Postby Defcon! » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Motto: ""No one escapes Defcon. No one.""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
I will always love Soundwave! Bring the noise! I can't wait to see more of the dinobots! Especially grimlock!
Defcon!
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby StryderPrime » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Is it me or do Swoop kinda look like a skinny version of blue falcon
Attachments
blue-falcon-and-dynomutt-dog-wonder.jpg
main_swoop.png
main_swoop.png (93.5 KiB) Viewed 2925 times
popup_dynomutt_b03.jpg
StryderPrime
Fuzor

Postby Liege Evilmus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:32 pm

These are generic, but still better than the more recent movie bios.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby --B-- » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
microclone wrote: anyway i guess the negative connotation of the name 'slag' was of concern perhaps, im not sure if in the USA its a big deal but in the UK the word slag is quite derogatory, its slang for 'easy woman' (seems men dont need a specific designation in that respect as they are all 'easy' by default).

The word for that here in the states would be "slut" instead of "slag".

As in, "That girl is such a slut."

Not really a nice thing to say about someone.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Sowndwave76 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
I for one don't like that "Slag" is now "Snarl".
The point that a stegosaurus's small head doesn't match up with that name is weak.
The overall look of those huge, jagged, triangular plates running down its back to a spiked tail makes that name very appropriate for that dinosaur.

Overall, reading those made me like Animated even more than what I already do.
Is the show awesome? No, but for what it is, considering it is a KID'S cartoon, it's not too shabby.
And the toys... Well to me, they're on POINT.
I said this in another thread:
there's a good chance that this could become my favorite TF line.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby YoImLegend » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Lazerbeak can hack any computer acoustically? Son, that is sick.
EVERY BOND YOU BUY IS A BULLET IN THE BARREL OF YOUR BEST GUY'S GUN!
YoImLegend
Minibot

Postby rhinox555 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:35 am

Heeeey,spike and sparkplug homages in Prime and BumblebeeĀ“s bios.
-Decepticon Rhinox of Transtopia
rhinox555
Transmetal Warrior

Postby microclone » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:07 am

--B-- wrote:
microclone wrote: anyway i guess the negative connotation of the name 'slag' was of concern perhaps, im not sure if in the USA its a big deal but in the UK the word slag is quite derogatory, its slang for 'easy woman' (seems men dont need a specific designation in that respect as they are all 'easy' by default).

The word for that here in the states would be "slut" instead of "slag".

As in, "That girl is such a slut."

Not really a nice thing to say about someone.

well the first two leters are the same, hahah.

as animated is to be sold in the UK i can bet that the name change does reflect its slang usage, its the same as calling a dinobot 'slut', interestingly it only requires a couple fo letters change to turn it into the make equivalent: autobot 'stud'!!
microclone
Headmaster Jr

Postby microclone » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:17 am

Sowndwave76 wrote:I for one don't like that "Slag" is now "Snarl".
The point that a stegosaurus's small head doesn't match up with that name is weak.
The overall look of those huge, jagged, triangular plates running down its back to a spiked tail makes that name very appropriate for that dinosaur.

Overall, reading those made me like Animated even more than what I already do.
Is the show awesome? No, but for what it is, considering it is a KID'S cartoon, it's not too shabby.
And the toys... Well to me, they're on POINT.
I said this in another thread:
there's a good chance that this could become my favorite TF line.

im suprised they changed the name to snarl (ie another established dinobot name)and not altered slag slightly to say 'slog' which could kindof work.

and why did i think that stegos small head not working as a snarl? well quite simply a small headed vegetarian dinosaur hardly snarls (but im sure in real life they probably did something like that!), the plates on its back and club tail barely suggest snarl either, maybe 'slash'
microclone
Headmaster Jr

Postby bluecatcinema » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:45 am

Swoop's ability to use solar power to charge himself through his wings is like G1 Snarl's, 'cept Snarl used his fins.
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Mega **NOT complete** vtg Hasbro 1996 210923A"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Nendoroid G1 Super-Deformed Sentinel Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210538 1B"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210584 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210677 5RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210483 3B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200413 1B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDSTORM Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SANDSTORM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REFRAKTOR Transformers Canon EOS Rebel R5 camera G1 Reflector Hasbro 2023 New"
REFRAKTOR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAR210486 4B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2021 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON