This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

"Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity?

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

"Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity?

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Chris Ryall has once again updated his blog with some information pertaining to the upcoming IDW Publishing's "Reign of Starscream" comic, set in the 2007 Movie continuity.

Ryall not only mentions that this comic will likely have little to no bearing on the upcoming Transformers Movie Sequel, but also gives some insight to what will occur during the series. Be warned there are some minor spoilers ahead:

"Doing sequels to movies that nevertheless don't affect any coming sequel have a long tradition in comics (anyone else remember Han Solo's giant green bunny sidekick in Marvel's STAR WARS series?), and we've been having a lot of fun with this one. Expect to see some new faces, some familiar faces, some explanations for certain, shall we say, quirks in the movie's script, a return to Cybertron (and another planet, this one in our solar system), and much more in this series."

"Reign of Starscream" is written by Ryall and Chris Mowry with Alex Milne and Josh Perez, on art and colours duty respectively, and should hit the shelves in mid April 2008.

To check out Ryall's full blog update, and to check out the 3 preview pages of art, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re:

Postby Keeperofthespark » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:27 pm

Can't wait to get my hands on this puppy! Those three preview pages look fantastic I must say!

I don't really have a comment about it not following the movie continuity though, since you know I haven't read it yet or even heard much on the second movie's plot.
Keeperofthespark
Fuzor

Re:

Postby Sunstar » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I've requested all covers for this son of a cessna. It's very mewy sounding, even if Starscream still looks like a chimp. "Another comic with chimpanzees..."
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Re:

Postby Skowl » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:11 pm

I'm pumped, but it's a shame it won't actually have any official link to the movie continuity - in other words, no sneak peek at characters, this will be a comic-only cast.

And I was never a fan of Alex Milne's art. He draws people great, but his TFs... just don't look right...
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Re:

Postby Jaw Crusher » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:12 pm

Weapon: Mace
Heck, I knew there was no chance of this comic being considered official canon with the actual movie continuity. Still, I might have to take a peek.
I got yer new Captain America right here!

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jaw Crusher
Combiner
Alt Mode: Land Shark
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Re:

Postby Powermaster Jazz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:20 pm

I have a Marvel Star Wars comic that features Jabba The Hutt. He's shown to look like a yellow Wookie which I believe was an earlier concept until Lucas decided to make him a giant slug.
Powermaster Jazz
Vehicon
News Credits: 8

Re:

Postby ultra tron » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:52 pm

That sucks, but at least we get to see some new characters.

There has to be some in this comic that will make movie 2
ultra tron
Combiner

Re:

Postby Pyrostrata » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:57 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
I am actually anticipating this series myself..even though movie Starscream is uglier than a mud fence! I have read a bit about it and it appears to be interesting enough for me to make the 9357398753789535 mile drive to my local comics store!
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re:

Postby First Gen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:32 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Ha ha, thats a suprise. The daggone prequels and movie adaptions were in the same boat anyway. :grin:
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re:

Postby ponycorn » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:48 pm

I suppose it is better for the masses that RofS is not required reading pre-TFMovie#2. I'll rest easy knowing that whatever I learn while reading it is exclusively known to me and other readers. (Like our own secret part of movie-verse that only we know about.)

Starscream may not be his regular hot self in the movie, but neither is Megs. It's okay, I like them both for their personalities as well, and I think we get plenty of that in both the movies and the suplemental comics.

I'll just have to look up dreamily at my Masterpeice Starscream every once in a while as I read RofS. :wink:
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #797 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0223DC170 797A (W) Adams (A) Acuna (CA) Clarke"
FLASH #797 Cvr A D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #795 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 JAN233302 795C (W) Adams (CA) Dalfonso"
FLASH #795 Cvr C D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #38 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0922DC131 Robin (CA) Kane+More"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #125 Aspen Cvr D B&W DC Comics 2022 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Turner + Steigerwald"
NEW!
BATMAN #125 Aspen ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEATHBLOW #2 DC Comics 2007 (CA) Jones (W) Azzarello (A) D'Anda 240317B"
NEW!
DEATHBLOW #2 DC Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #4 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0623DC170 4C (CA) Schmidt"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC201 1A (CA) Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr B Superman DC Comics 2023 0223DC029 1054B (CA) Sandoval"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr F DC Comics 2023 DEC222888 1F (CA) Rodriguez (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #609 DC Comics 1989 (A/CA) Breyfogle (W) Grant 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #405 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC212 (CA) Mazzucchelli (W) Miller"
BATMAN #405 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH FACTS #1 tpb digest DC Comics 2021 OCT207086 (CA) Charm (W) Bialik"
FLASH FACTS #1 tpb ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr G 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0923DC074 139G (W) Zdarsky (CA) Schmidt"
BATMAN #139 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 DEC222885 1C (CA) Colón (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON