This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TF Movie at BotCon

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

TF Movie at BotCon

Postby Pete@BotCon » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:24 pm

I am posting this as a seperate thread because it has gotten missed the other times I have posted this and I want to make sure everyone knows. IF you pre-register for BotCon and IF you purchase a movie ticket you will be seeing the movie. There are PLENTY of tickets. We made arrangements so that barring any crazy last minute massive surge in attendance, everyone who pre-registers will get to see this awesome advance screening. The exact time has not been determined but it will be Thursday evening and it will be a night to remember!

Thanks a ton!

- Pete
Pete@BotCon
Micromaster
News Credits: 17

Postby OhioBot » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:00 pm

That's great news and its definitely going to be a great night! I wonder if this will be a theater like last year or a Carmike type theater?
Follow me on twitter:
http://twitter.com/skeeter112375

1680 bots and no end in sight!

OhioBot
Micromaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Hotrod » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:14 pm

I front paged it for you.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Roboto750 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:21 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
OhioBot wrote:That's great news and its definitely going to be a great night! I wonder if this will be a theater like last year or a Carmike type theater?

I'm glad to hear that most, of not everyone, will have this opportunity. My family and I have bought our tickets and we can't wait! In regard to the theater type, I hope its not like last year when they showed the TFTM 20th Anniv. DVD. I would like a modern-type theater with a big screen and good sound. In other words, I'd like the full experience. I'm sure that they've thought of this, so I'm really not worried. I mean, even if it ends up like last year, I'll still be happy/excited! :)
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby atatcommander » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:31 pm

sweet, Sounds good except I can't go. oh well, i guess i have to wait till the 4th.
atatcommander
Micromaster

Postby transmetropolitan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:04 am

What was the theater like last year for the DVD screening?
transmetropolitan
Micromaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Wheeljack35 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:10 am

That place will be packed
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Air Commander Starscream » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:21 am

Motto: ""Decepticons Forever!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
transmetropolitan wrote:What was the theater like last year for the DVD screening?

It was actually pretty big.

I just hope its like a late showing...like 10:00 or later. I have a late flight arriving (6:30PM on Thursday) and so I will have to hurry and check in and then hurry to get all of the regiestration stuff. I don;t want to miss this advanced screening. I really wish they would have done this on Friday or Saturday night.

Oh well even if I do miss it atleast the $50 will still go to a good cause.
Air Commander Starscream
News Admin
News Credits: 337
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby Leonardo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:28 am

"Advanced screening"? Is this the new movie they're showing? Sorry for being behind.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby City Commander » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:37 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Sounds like a good deal to me.

I swear that I will move to the US sooner or later, and then I will attend every Botcon I possibly can!
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Leonardo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:41 am

Lord Crump wrote:I swear that I will move to the US sooner or later, and then I will attend every Botcon I possibly can!

Don't you dare leave us with the chavs.
Or, you know, you could take me with you.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:35 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
That is good to know! I can't wait to be one of the first to see it in the good ol' US of A. That will definitely be a special part of this Botcon!
Last edited by Tigertrack on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:02 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
tigertracks 24 wrote:That is good to know! I can't wait to be one of the first to see it. That will definitely be a special part of this Botcon!

You do realise that currently the movie is set to open nation wide in Australia hours before this "advance" screening at BotCon. ;;)

Thus making me one of the first to see it and you just too slow to the party. mwahahahahaha. :P
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:59 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Burn wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:That is good to know! I can't wait to be one of the first to see it. That will definitely be a special part of this Botcon!

You do realise that currently the movie is set to open nation wide in Australia hours before this "advance" screening at BotCon. ;;)

Thus making me one of the first to see it and you just too slow to the party. mwahahahahaha. :P

Aww yeah Burn, I'm gonna' cry my eyes out now.

Wait... the next day after the movie, I can attend panels, play with my con exclusives, discuss it with friends from the boards in person, make comments to folks involved with the movie, and also benefit a local charity when I do see it about 6 days before the general viewing audience sees it in the USA. :-?

You're right, you seeing it a few hours earlier than me makes it so much better for you!!! :P Rub it in why don't ya? (jk with you Burn ;) )

I guess I should preface my first comment with 'one of the first in the USA to see it'. My bad.

8)
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:56 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
tigertracks 24 wrote:Wait... the next day after the movie, I can attend panels,

Slumber time!

play with my con exclusives,

meh, over them!

discuss it with friends from the boards in person,

I'd bar myself from such things as I know i'd get the urge to punch someone in the head for going "ZOMG!!11! That was not G1!!111" :P

make comments to folks involved with the movie,

Burn ... foot ... movie executives ... nuts. Simply because I could do it. :P

and also benefit a local charity when I do see it about 6 days before the general viewing audience sees it in the USA. :-?

And THIS, is the best reason for attending. 8)

You're right, you seeing it a few hours earlier than me makes it so much better for you!!! :P Rub it in why don't ya? (jk with you Burn ;) )

Let me get the salt first. :P

ahhh it's all good. Like I said, I strongly support it because it's for charity.

Heck, even if I could attend and all they had to show was old G1 advertisements i'd still go simply for the charity aspect.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Roboto750 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:11 am

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Air Commander Starscream wrote:
transmetropolitan wrote:What was the theater like last year for the DVD screening?

It was actually pretty big.

I just hope its like a late showing...like 10:00 or later. I have a late flight arriving (6:30PM on Thursday) and so I will have to hurry and check in and then hurry to get all of the regiestration stuff. I don;t want to miss this advanced screening. I really wish they would have done this on Friday or Saturday night.

Oh well even if I do miss it atleast the $50 will still go to a good cause.

The theater last year was a large theater that was used for movie screenings and theatrical events. Its one of those places that would do Rocky Horror and such. Anyway, when they showed the TF movie (1986), it was via LCD projector on not too large of a screen (maybe a a third to a half of what you get at most regular movie theaters) and the sound was good, but not super loud to give you that movie-going feeling. It was still a blast though, and I'm sure seeing the new live action movie will be even more fun, no matter how it's presented!
Last edited by Roboto750 on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10

Postby UltraPrimal » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:37 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
So wait, are they showing the original animated movie or the new live action movie? I was under the impression when I registered it was the new movie.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby OhioBot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:36 am

UltraPrimal wrote:So wait, are they showing the original animated movie or the new live action movie? I was under the impression when I registered it was the new movie.

Its the new live action movie.
Follow me on twitter:
http://twitter.com/skeeter112375

1680 bots and no end in sight!

OhioBot
Micromaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Omega Sentinel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:33 am

I'm actually passing on this. Excited about the Hasbro tour but not so much over Bayformers.

I just hope for those of you going to the movie at the convention that you don't have a bunch of loud mouthed idiots in there like the guys I sat across from in the DVD screening last year.
Omega Sentinel
Godmaster
News Credits: 5

Postby Skullgrin140 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:24 am

I gotta try and go T_T it sounds like its gonna be a blast!
Skullgrin140
Brainmaster

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:50 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
some one better bring a camera record the movie and put it on bittorent. im sick of waiting for 7-4-7
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Vinyl Figure #22 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers SOUNDWAVE Vinyl Figure #37 Retro Toys Gamestop 2021 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST OF STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV1 2022 New"
GHOST OF STARSCREA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALLIGATICON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" alligator Optimus Prime figure 2023"
ALLIGATICON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 5 2022 New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
G2 MEGATRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING STARSCREAM Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 4 Retro Figure 2021"
KING STARSCREAM Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON