This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Furman Blog Update: Revelation

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Furman Blog Update: Revelation

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:01 pm

Simon Furman has once again updated his Blog, this time with information pertaining to the upcoming IDW Publishing series "Revelation".

Furman follows on some earlier news reports concerning the Revelations series.

Be warned that like our earlier stories that Furman's information does contain slight spoilers.

The news is out: the next main arc in the IDW/TF-verse series will indeed (as previously reported) be Revelation, but instead of the usual 6-issue format it’ll play out over four interconnected Spotlights (Cyclonus, Hardhead, Doubledealer and Sideswipe). Expect major plotlines to be resolved as the last of the -ions (for the foreseeable) brings the Dead Universe storyline (that’s been bubbling under ever since Spotlight: Nightbeat) to a suitably shattering conclusion.

Furman goes on to mention that he will be continuing his often spoilerific "Script Wraps", and that the Spotlight style will not be altered in these upcoming 4 issues. The content to be found in the upcoming Revelation series will however:

fallout from Stormbringer, Spotlight Hot Rod, Spotlight Nightbeat, Spotlight Galvatron, Spotlight Arcee and more. And when I say fallout, I mean it. The lives and destinies of numerous main characters are altered forever as two universes clash explosively.

To close Furman gives us a hint about what else is to come out of the doors and minds of IDW :

Oh, and don’t think this is the end. There’s another series (no, not The 13 or All Hail Megatron) to come, one set firmly in the ‘-ion’ continuity. More on this soon! 08 is SO going to blow you away!

To read the Furman blog update in full, please click here
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Furman Blog Update: Revelation

Postby Hard Hacker » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:13 pm

Call this off topic, but I'd like to see Furman write some RiD fiction. He's got the characters, so it might be a good opertunity to spread his comedy wings.

Back on topic, those four Spotlights look interesting. It's nice to see the underated characters get a Spotlight, which could build up on the character. An interesting year ahead.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby ponycorn » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Oh my girly squeals of joy! =P~

So how will "All Hail" fit in? We know it is part of that continuity too... I'm super excited to hear about the other upcoming mystery series too.

'O8 already is blowing me away!
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Mechabreaker » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Oh my Primus! I am so eagerly awaiting "Revelation" as well as "All Hail Megatron" '08 is going to be one ultra gear year for TF comics!

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby shadowsfm » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:37 pm

maybe all hail megatron takes place in the same time as revelations, like how stormbringer took place during infiltration. oh well, we will find out.

what is the 13?
shadowsfm
Minibot

Postby Mechabreaker » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
shadowsfm wrote:maybe all hail megatron takes place in the same time as revelations, like how stormbringer took place during infiltration. oh well, we will find out.

what is the 13?

I'm just going to take a wild guess here, but I don't know much about it, but from what I've read in TF: The Ultimate Guide" and from what I've read here, I would think "The 13" would be a series or a miniseries about the 13 original transformers, which (and again I'm just speculating) could possibly be the first appearance of "The Fallen" in the IDWverse.

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby Pyrostrata » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:39 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Mechabreaker wrote:Oh my Primus! I am so eagerly awaiting "Revelation" as well as "All Hail Megatron" '08 is going to be one ultra gear year for TF comics!

I totally feel the same way! All sorts of excited is Pyro!!! :DANCE:
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Black Bumblebee » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:46 pm

Dead Universe story will be finished in 4 issues?

For shame! We don't even really know "what" the dead universe is, nor have we spent any concrete time with it...

...and now, it will soon be gone?

:???:
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Leonardo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:16 am

See, I'm confused. In Ryall's blog, Ryall stated that we were coming to the end of the "~tions", which led me to believe Expansion was still to come, but here Furman says it's "the last of the -ions (for the foreseeable)", which would suggest no Expansion for a while, then he says, "There’s another series [...] to come, one set firmly in the ‘-ion’ continuity."

Perhaps it all depends on what one considers to be the "forseeable" future.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCATTERSHOT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Betatron 2016 230903A"
SCATTERSHOT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Leader Class Volvo VNR Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOLAR STORM GRAPPEL Transformers Reveal Shield Voyager complete 2011 230920A"
NEW!
SOLAR STORM GRAPPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
NEW!
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON