This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:49 pm

IDW Publishing's Editor in Chief Chris Ryall has once again updated his blog, this time with two sneak peek previews of EJ Su's lineart for the upcoming Spotlight: Cyclonus.

In good news for fans of the IDW Comic Universe, Ryall also mentions that after holding meetings with Hasbro "we did make some great plans for the next few years of TF comics today, thanks for asking."

To have your own sneak peek at the released art, check out the images below, or head on over to Ryall's blog by clicking here.

Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus

Postby ponycorn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:19 pm

Cyclonus can fly, transform, and make a fist. :shock:

Seriously, this was a big tease!
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby xxaMaxx » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:37 pm

ponycorn wrote:Cyclonus can fly, transform, and make a fist. :shock:

Seriously, this was a big tease!

Yes, but is a joyous fist, celebrating his victory over a seemingly uninhabited city? Or is it an angry fist, clenched with rage because someone else beat him to the job?

Both sound silly, but Cyclonus is cool. I'm hoping this Spotlight rebuilds the dignity he lost after TFTM. Headmasters, in particular, reduced him to Orko level foolishness.
xxaMaxx
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby MisterNewUzer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:40 pm

Cyclonus is showing a little bit of Bludgeon envy it seems
MisterNewUzer
Micromaster

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:56 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Looks great as usual. B-)
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Pyrostrata » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:59 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Ohmy! That is lovely! I wanna see more!

I loves me some Cyclonus! :grin:
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Archanubis » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:02 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
xxaMaxx wrote:Yes, but is a joyous fist, celebrating his victory over a seemingly uninhabited city? Or is it an angry fist, clenched with rage because someone else beat him to the job?

Perhaps its clenched in frustration, either because his home was destroyed and he was helpless to stop it, or in regret because he destroyed it and knows he can't help it, for one reason or another.

Until they put words into the panels, we'll never know, will we? ;)
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby dragons » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:03 pm

yeah he does look very close to bludgion if his name wasnt on the cover and his jet mode looks like one of the gijoe toy
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Defcon! » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Motto: ""No one escapes Defcon. No one.""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
Looks badass! Cyclonus was always a fav.! :D
Defcon!
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby NiteStar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:17 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Is Cyclonus The First Transformer in the ENTIRE Animated Series to be one of those Forward-winged Jets? I feel like ever since he was introduced more characters were created from his Alt. mode getting more detailed and more complex as the years went on into the 90's and so on into the live Action Film.
I mean he has to be since there wasn't anything before G1 unless in Comic books there was.
NiteStar
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:54 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
His head looks like he's a zombie....
I'm hyped for this!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Stormrider » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:58 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I like the Samurai-like armored appearance they have given Cyclonus with the helmet, shoulders, and skirt.

Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Primus C-00 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:14 am

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Is that Earth Post AHM?

*quivers*

I hope so!

:-B
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby Archanubis » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:26 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
I think it's most likely a world other than Earth; Nebulos post-Stormbringer, for example. Even in their state, some of the buildings look too advanced for Earth.
Archanubis
City Commander

Postby Calvatron » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:04 am

Sweet. Cyclonus was always one of my favorite characters. I much preferred the cartoon version, loyal and competant, to the trigger-happy moron both he and Scourge appeared as in the uk comics. I can't wait to see what idw does with him. I doubt he be as loyal to Galvatron in this one though.
Calvatron
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Moonbase2 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:05 pm

Man, Cyclonus? There couldn't be a character I'm more meh about. I liked the Galvatron spotlight, mostly because it's not the same character as Megs....but I don't have a lot of interest in Cyclonus. But I'll give it a try.
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby MagnusPrimal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:03 pm

Cyclonus is one of my favorite Decepticons! Looking forward to this.
MagnusPrimal
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Stormwolf » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Look like the remains of Nebulos to me, especially that dome looks familiar.

Calvatron wrote:Sweet. Cyclonus was always one of my favorite characters. I much preferred the cartoon version, loyal and competant, to the trigger-happy moron both he and Scourge appeared as in the uk comics. I can't wait to see what idw does with him. I doubt he be as loyal to Galvatron in this one though.

Come on, Cyclonus rocked in Target 2006.
Stormwolf
Brainmaster
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby MagnusPrimal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:58 pm

Stormwolf wrote:Look like the remains of Nebulos to me, especially that dome looks familiar.

Calvatron wrote:Sweet. Cyclonus was always one of my favorite characters. I much preferred the cartoon version, loyal and competant, to the trigger-happy moron both he and Scourge appeared as in the uk comics. I can't wait to see what idw does with him. I doubt he be as loyal to Galvatron in this one though.

Come on, Cyclonus rocked in Target 2006.

True, but later on, he was not presented in the best light. He was portrayed much better in the cartoon, although perhaps a little too loyal to Galvatron (which would have been admirible, if Galvatron hadn't been insane).
MagnusPrimal
Transmetal Warrior

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg DEC220767"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240733 Bradshaw 240317E"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #255 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg FEB240720 (CA) Frenz"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #105 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC205 (CA) Infantino + Giella"
FLASH #105 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONAUTS #1 Facsimile var FOIL Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230682 (CA) Cockrum"
MICRONAUTS #1 Facs ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0723DC206 1A (CA) Perez"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2024 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr B DC Comics 2024 ptg 54B (CA) Blank Sketch"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE SHE-HULK #1 facsimile Marvel Comics 2022 ptg OCT220944 (W)Lee (CA)Buscema"
SAVAGE SHE-HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIZ COMICS #2 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1222DC130 Shazam (CA) Beck (W)Parker"
WHIZ COMICS #2 Fac ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC272 1A (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC265 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIMITED COLLECTORS EDITION #51 Cvr A Facsimile DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC164 51A"
NEW!
LIMITED COLLECTORS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC266 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON