This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Movie Optimus Prime Truck Spotted

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers Movie Optimus Prime Truck Spotted

Postby Skowl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Hot on the heals of the earlier sighting of the Decepticon Barricade mustang comes a new sighting of one of the Transformers Movie vehicles, this time none other than the Autobot leader Optimus Prime, spotted on the 405 Freeway in Los Angeles.

Could this mean that steps are already underway to begin filming the sequel, scheduled for release June 26th 2009? Stay tuned to Seibertron.com to find out.

See the photos by clicking on the Optimus Prime image on Superherohype.com here.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Re: Transformers Movie Optimus Prime Truck Spotted

Postby Robinson » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:10 pm

Cool Pics, does sending info through the "submit news" link even work anymore?
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Orion_Prime48 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:18 pm

hmm still scepticle about Barricade but man that truck is sweet! but one question why does he have stub stacks?
My Sale Thread
Sledge wrote: :shock: I REALLY don't want to know what a "cumputer" is used for. A little one-handed web surfing, perhaps?
Orion_Prime48
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Postby Robinson » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Orion_Prime48 wrote:hmm still scepticle about Barricade but man that truck is sweet! but one question why does he have stub stacks?
Removed so he can go thru the underpass, too tall otherwise sittong on a flatbed
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby saberconvoy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Cool, but i hope he gets a upgrade i mean just like an other robotmode or something but its cool if he does not because i got both robot modes.
saberconvoy
Minibot

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:34 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Good to see you posting news again Skowl! Keep up the good work! :grin:

Thanks for the tip Robinson et al.!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Skowl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:36 pm

I'm glad that this hints towards all the characters keeping their same vehicle modes. If they start changing things around, it'll totally ruin the dynamic and coherence of the series. It would be like having a different actor play Wolverine in each new X-Men movie.

If people want new molds, they'll get new molds of new characters - and chances are Hasbro will release new molds of the existing characters (Barricade, Megatron and Starscream definately could be improved upon... maybe that's why the toys were so sucky in the first place, so they could make better ones next time around).

And even if you don't get a new mold for Optimus, who cares? There are plenty of other Movie Prime figures to have. The first leader-class version is perfection, you can't improve on that.

tigertracks 24 wrote:Good to see you posting news again Skowl! Keep up the good work! :grin:

Thanks for the tip Robinson et al.!

Thank you TT24. I've been quite ill recently, it's hard to keep up with the news...
Skowl
City Commander

Postby Omega Charge » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:14 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Cool. And he has flames! :D
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:00 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the news!
The countdown to June 26th 2009 begins!!!

:D
***Galvatron*** wrote:Fox Mulder ? ummm, your meds must be lapsing! :P

:mrgreen:

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:24 pm

I would not doubt it if they are filming yet.
YAY! :grin:
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby dragons » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:39 pm

i wouldnt be surprised if they dont change the lok on the orginal transformers that didnt die in the first one film only thing they may change is some minor modifications to robot mode but other than that id see any other changes to the first transformers in vehical mode for that matter to much time and money to do something like that cheaper and little bit faster if they did some changes in robot mode new weapoins posssibly irohide battlemode mask like prime, bumblebee, jazz and others
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Omega Charge » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
***Galvatron*** wrote:Awesome! Thanks for the news!
The countdown to June 26th 2009 begins!!!

:D

Yeah, where's the ticker at the top of the page? They already had it at Michael Bay's website.
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:45 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Do I like the idea of reusing the same designs? You betcha.

Why? They already have the animation models in the computer as a template and since reconstruction won't be required, they'll be able to hit the ground running and get more screen time, not to mention more footage filmed.

Am I surprised that Hasbro wouldn't push for more new molds to work with? Yep.

Why? Because it seems financially stupid not to cash in as much as possible on this juggernaut. Granted, they'd lose money by reissuing the molds for the current figures yet again (especially considering the repaints and remolds are not selling worth a crap now.) But you'd think they'd want to whore these out as much as possible.

So, that leads to a few questions...since they'll have a nearly impossible chance to resell these figures again (due to their incredible shelfwarming...) does this mean that TF2 will have more new characters for them to create and make money off of? (which is bad because the first movie characters will either get left on the back burner in terms of development, or they'll focus on the core characters and leave the new ones without any backstory whatsoever.)

Will Hasbro be as involved this time around? (Compared to other TF lines, the Movie line was definitely smaller than previous lines, in terms of individual molds. Not to mention, if I remember correctly...they broke off their partnership with Paramount? Or a production company did. One of the two. So...my guess is we'll either see less Hasbro influence (which could be a bad thing) or we'll see less new figures this time around.)

Will they include characters like Arcee this time? (they've already got the mold, and the pre-production designs on paper, it would be a terrible waste.)

I for one love the idea of reusing the same designs, it's far more realistic. But it's a double edged sword.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Orin_Thomas » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:47 pm

If I were Micahel Bay, I'd hire a couple of guys to drive the vehicles from the first Transformers movie over *there* while I went and made my new movie with my new vehicle mode transformers over *here*. Fans are looking and speculating about what they see *there*, completely missing what is going on over *here*

Also - as George Lucas rightly saw - if you keep the same vehicles in all movies, that's a lot less toys you can sell to the kids that bought all those X-Wings, Y-Wings and Tie Fighters after the first one came out.
Orin_Thomas
Micromaster

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 pm

That decoy speculation is an interesting one. We saw last week that there are multiple Barricades and it stands to reason that there is more than one Prime. Who's to say that, after Bays announcement regarding purposefully misdirecting the fans, that these vehicles aren't going to point "A" while the filming is going on at point "B"?
Personally, I could care less where they are going. It's cool to see them out and about and even seeing them in person would still not be as mind blowing as seeing it on an IMAX screen. That ROCKED for TF1 and I can't wait to do it again for TF2. That semi is a lot more impressive when it's 70 feet tall!
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:42 pm

I doubt Bay would go to these lengths to throw us off.

1.) He can reuse them and save money.
2.) It would be too expensive to move them around just to screw with us.
3.) It's a waste of time.

I think they'll be in the film as is. I certainly hope Paramount and crew wouldn't be stupid enough to do it that way...
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:27 am

[quote="Autobot032"]Do I like the idea of reusing the same designs? You betcha.

Ahhh, you're just worried because you'd have to change your avatar! :P

Just kidding of course but yes I agree they need to come up with new bots with new toys and they will but if they don't make anymore of the existing toys then it makes them that much more rare and collectible! :-?

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender

Postby Skowl » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:35 am

Orin_Thomas wrote:If I were Micahel Bay, I'd hire a couple of guys to drive the vehicles from the first Transformers movie over *there* while I went and made my new movie with my new vehicle mode transformers over *here*. Fans are looking and speculating about what they see *there*, completely missing what is going on over *here*

Also - as George Lucas rightly saw - if you keep the same vehicles in all movies, that's a lot less toys you can sell to the kids that bought all those X-Wings, Y-Wings and Tie Fighters after the first one came out.

That seems like going through alot of needless trouble just to confuse fans. What is the simplest answer, that this is all a hoax, or that they are simply moving vehicles around to prepare for filming?

Remember the production of the first movie? They moved Barricade, Brawl, Ironhide and others around on a flatbed truck without even bothering to cover them up, everyone could see them and everyone took photos, all it did was excite people.

As for the Star Wars analogy, it doesn't matter if they re-use the old designs since kids will be buying the toys of new characters and whatever new molds are produced of the existing characters. Hasbro designers would have gotten used to the movie designs by now, so they can probably make better figures - never underestimate them.

Besides, the X-Wings were in all three of the original SW films. They added new vehicles to make new toys, but kept the old classics. Just look at how many different versions of X-Wing toys they are, and people keep buying them.

And I mean really, Scott Farrar said it took 6 months of work to build the CGI model for ONE Transformer. By re-using the designs, you effectively save 54 months worth of man-power, not to mention the money it cost to build those models.
Skowl
City Commander

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:43 am

Skowl wrote:
Orin_Thomas wrote:If I were Micahel Bay, I'd hire a couple of guys to drive the vehicles from the first Transformers movie over *there* while I went and made my new movie with my new vehicle mode transformers over *here*. Fans are looking and speculating about what they see *there*, completely missing what is going on over *here*

That seems like going through alot of needless trouble just to confuse fans. What is the simplest answer, that this is all a hoax, or that they are simply moving vehicles around to prepare for filming?

Remember the production of the first movie? They moved Barricade, Brawl, Ironhide and others around on a flatbed truck without even bothering to cover them up, everyone could see them and everyone took photos, all it did was excite people.

As for the Star Wars analogy, it doesn't matter if they re-use the old designs since kids will be buying the toys of new characters and whatever new molds are produced of the existing characters. Hasbro designers would have gotten used to the movie designs by now, so they can probably make better figures - never underestimate them.

Besides, the X-Wings were in all three of the original SW films. They added new vehicles to make new toys, but kept the old classics. Just look at how many different versions of X-Wing toys they are, and people keep buying them.

And I mean really, Scott Farrar said it took 6 months of work to build the CGI model for ONE Transformer. By re-using the designs, you effectively save 54 months worth of man-power, not to mention the money it cost to build those models.

:APPLAUSE:

*BINGO!*

Exactly, thank you. And now that Ironhide and Ratchet have been spotted....it's fair to assume they'll be in the film.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby lrahaman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:37 pm

What's up with his smokestacks? Were they a saftey hazard? :P
lrahaman

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:58 pm

lrahaman wrote:What's up with his smokestacks? Were they a saftey hazard? :P

Removed for low bridges, while up on the flatbed the truck is much higher up of course...they will be added back where ever it's destination is and filming begins.

***Galvatron***
Pretender

Postby lrahaman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:45 pm

***Galvatron*** wrote:

Removed for low bridges, while up on the flatbed the truck is much higher up of course...they will be added back where ever it's destination is and filming begins.

Thank you, Spock, for ignoring my apparently overly-vague reference to MP Prime's smokestacks. :P
lrahaman

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:24 pm

My thoughts on Bay's misdirection tactic was just a speculative notion. Hell yes it would be a huge waste of money. It would be amusing if he did do something like that, and the fact that he is certainly sitting on a huge pile of dough means that he could do something like that if he felt so inclined. Whether he wants to go to that length just to jerk people around, that's entirely up to him and as I said before, I could care less either way what he does or whatever theories are floating around as to why the cars are out there in the first place. The fact is, they are out there, folks are getting some good, unstaged photo ops. and the fandom gets to enjoy the pics. That's what matters!!
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:31 pm

lrahaman wrote:
***Galvatron*** wrote:

Thank you, Spock, for ignoring my apparently overly-vague reference to MP Prime's smokestacks. :P

Spock eh ? well Nimoy voiced the first time we saw Galvatron so thanks for the compliment! Bwahahaha but if you and your MP optimus have short comings of any type too bad but not me!

Take a look at the picture and note the position of the hand as well! hahahahahha :lol:

:P

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff55 ... 0_0154.jpg

***Galvatron***
Pretender

Postby Auto Bot » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:34 am

Looks like Magnus giving Prime a free ride. Can't Prime drive himself?

Maybe his license is temporarily susupended. After he helped wreck the whole downtown.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr N 1:15 action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240201 3N"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics MAR230301 4B MOTU Lopez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZF FOC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics JAN247376 2ZF (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #3 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JUL239635 3C (CA)Smith"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZE 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249147 3ZE Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr L 1:15 line art Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240116 2L (CA)Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr M 1:15 virgin action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240117 2M"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230205 1B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZI FOC 1:10 design Dynamite Comics JAN247535 2ZI (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JUL231103 1B Williams"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240106 2B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 AUG210313 4B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Z 1:100 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230229 1Z (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr X 1:60 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics 1X (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON