This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Movie Ratchet and Ironhide Vehicles spotted!!! 3/28/08

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Movie Ratchet and Ironhide Vehicles spotted!!! 3/28/08

Postby Roadbuster » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:22 pm

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2289/2361841606_1030af31ed_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3122/2361010203_545709a339_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3150/2361010175_c0811df92e_o.jpg

I caught thes eon the TF forum at Superherohype.

Apparently this was found before the Prime truck was sighted. I'm surprised this wans't posted already. So this means everyone that survived or disappeared is gonna return for sure with no unexplained absences to make room for new characters. So I would put my money on Scorponok returning at this point.
Roadbuster
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 6

Re: Movie Ratchet and Ironhide Vehicles spotted!!! 3/28/08

Postby Jazzz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:10 am

So Barricade
Ratchet
Ironhide
Prime

plus
Starscream
Bumblebee cause we already KNOW they'll be in it since they're crucial to the story and popular

Though Scorponok...
It'll be hard to spot him.
cause most of his scenes were CG, he doesn't have an alt-mode
though there is a puppet used for close-ups.
and I haven't seen it on ebay or anything so maybe they'll reuse it.
Jazzz
Combiner

Postby Overloaded » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:50 am

I wonder when will Bumblebee be spotted
Overloaded
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby Orion_Prime48 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:03 am

well I my scepticism about Barricade is officialy gone now. The countdown to TF2 has begun. and if anyone lives near Sedona AZ please takes pics of the movie cars we havent seen yet!
My Sale Thread
Sledge wrote: :shock: I REALLY don't want to know what a "cumputer" is used for. A little one-handed web surfing, perhaps?
Orion_Prime48
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Postby Skowl » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:24 am

Please let this mean that they won't change their vehicle modes

Please let this mean that they won't change their vehicle modes...

:PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Fananga » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:44 am

Hmm...interesting that all the old ones are coming back though does seem a little wierd if hasbro have anything to do with it.
I mean sure they can still release repaint after repaint and give it some new slogan but if all the old vehicles are coming back then it means 3 things....

1. Hasbro have taken a step back and simply provided source material

2. Theres gonna be a whole lot more new guys to make new moulds for.

3. These vehicles only get used for the first 10 min before everyone gets a re-format
Iron Man, Iron Man, Does whatever an Iron can!
Fananga
Minibot

Postby Zeds » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:46 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Quite a good level of news on TFM2. Glad to hear about the characters returning. Maybe with new paint apps?
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:15 am

Fananga wrote:Hmm...interesting that all the old ones are coming back though does seem a little wierd if hasbro have anything to do with it.
I mean sure they can still release repaint after repaint and give it some new slogan but if all the old vehicles are coming back then it means 3 things....

3. These vehicles only get used for the first 10 min before everyone gets a re-format

Just because the characters will be unchanged in the movies doesn't mean there won't be new molds for them. Look at how many Darth Vader action figures have been created in the past 30 years!

They may create new figures that have more movie-accurate transformations or new gimmicks to match things they do in the movie. Give Ratchet a retractable circular saw and laser scalpel, Ironhide a pair of electronic light-up cannons. Or heck, their TF2 figures might be Deluxes instead of Voyagers depending on how important they are in the movie.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander

Postby Skowl » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:23 am

Caelus wrote:
Fananga wrote:Hmm...interesting that all the old ones are coming back though does seem a little wierd if hasbro have anything to do with it.

Just because the characters will be unchanged in the movies doesn't mean there won't be new molds for them. Look at how many Darth Vader action figures have been created in the past 30 years!

They may create new figures that have more movie-accurate transformations or new gimmicks to match things they do in the movie. Give Ratchet a retractable circular saw and laser scalpel, Ironhide a pair of electronic light-up cannons. Or heck, their TF2 figures might be Deluxes instead of Voyagers depending on how important they are in the movie.

Exactly.

If anything, the returning characters are the ones who need new molds the most. If I remember correctly, weren't fans clamoring for a Leader-class Starscream?

And really, how movie-accurate is the deluxe-class Barricade? Not very. Ironhide toy is way to tall and thin, and Ratchet is way to stocky - these toys could be improved, especially now that the Hasbro designers have probably gotten used to the movie esthetic. Only Optimus Prime and Bumblebee could remain unchanged.

I'm really surprised by this fandom's reactions. For fans who freak the hell out every time some little thing is changed, you sure are all of a sudden wanting alot of useless change. Changing alt modes and bot designs of existing characters just to sell more toys is the equivalent of getting different actors to play the X-Men in each movie.

Sure, the TFs do change between series, but each movie is not its own respective series, the live-action film franchise, collectively, is ONE series. How would fans have felt if G1 Optimus Prime changed design and alt mode each season?

Put things in perspective, people.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:47 am

It seems to me that once the Decepticons show up again, they would do a reformat in order to avoid detection. Just a thought...

I do agree though that even if they stayed the same, there's room for improvement in the toy designs. Hell, look at the number of clone/stormtroopers we've had in the last 10 years. What, something like 50+.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby rhinox555 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:00 am

I've said it before,and i'll say it again,either they're taking them away for storage,or these are the hoaxes Bay warned us for,isn't it a little TOO coincident that the two autobots who shared a mold in G1 are being transported together?
-Decepticon Rhinox of Transtopia
rhinox555
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Autobot Jazz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:06 am

This is good news, but I'm not sure this means Scorponok will be in TF2 like some people are saying, after all, Ironhide killed him in one of the comics which could be taken into the movie's canon.
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby Roadbuster » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:36 am

Autobot Jazz wrote:This is good news, but I'm not sure this means Scorponok will be in TF2 like some people are saying, after all, Ironhide killed him in one of the comics which could be taken into the movie's canon.

Except the comics aren't cannon. They're their own continuity, much like MTV's crappy Spider-man cartoon was supposed to take place after the first Spidey movie but had nothing to do with 2 and 3. The Decepticons won't try anything until Starscream returns with reinforcements or Megatron is revived. By all accounts form the Special ops, Scorponok was killed. They never saw him burrow underground since his retreat was masked by the smoke and dirt.

As for it being a hoax and the two of them being transported together. It'd be a waste of money to make that a hoax. Not to mention both vehicles are considerably large to put multi's up. I think they're actually going to be used. It saves money using characters they've sued before so they can use that money towards newer chars and special effects. So we know they're in. Bay doens't care about that. He expects us to know they're in. It's a given to him since they survived/we never saw them die. Would be a big continuity error if they didn't appear without explanation. It's the newer TF's and any new form for Megatron that he's gonna go out of his way with to keep secret, as well as the story.
Roadbuster
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby leakin' lubricant » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:25 pm

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Is that Ultra Magnus carrying them :-?
leakin' lubricant
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Buy from leakin' lubricant on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Kryptikore » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:20 pm

leakin' lubricant wrote:Is that Ultra Magnus carrying them :-?

That would be interesting, but that truck is a little plain and the trailer should be blue. To tell you the truth I wouldn't be suprised if they just repainted the Optimus mold to be Ultra Magnus for the TF2 toy line!

Finally hit 500!
Kryptikore
Vehicon

Postby Cheetron » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:47 pm

it might just be me or this monitor but doesn't Ratchet look a little more yellow than he did in the movie. I swear he was green, not yellow.
Cheetron
Pretender

Postby First-Aid » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
The team is reuniting...(hears "Arrival to Earth" in the background)...

Break a leg guys!....er...an axle...uh...whatever
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Agent 007 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:16 pm

awsome! :)
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt

Postby Chevy_Ironhide » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:34 pm

Man If I lived out that way I'd take a week off work and stake out a near by highway and just wait for the movie vehicles to come by. I'd then try to follow them. I've got Autobot badges and decals on my truck, maybe they'd think I was suppose to be there :mrgreen:
Last edited by Chevy_Ironhide on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formally Silverado Bot

My collection so far: Voyager movie Prime, '76 Bumblebee(2x), Concept Camero Bumblebee, FB Jazz, dlx Brawl, movie Starscream, movie Barricade, Alternator Skids, Movie Ironhide, Movie Ratchet, movie Dropkick, movie Arcee, movie Armorhide

Heroes never truly die
Chevy_Ironhide
Micromaster

Postby saberconvoy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Its great but its the same mode i know there are going to be more transformers but the first ones have the same mode!?
saberconvoy
Minibot

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Cheetron wrote:it might just be me or this monitor but doesn't Ratchet look a little more yellow than he did in the movie. I swear he was green, not yellow.

Well keep in mind that whomever took these photos was not using a high end industrial movie camera to take them and we also have to consider the lighting conditions and effects that may have been used at the time of shooting or in post production.

:)
***Galvatron*** wrote:Fox Mulder ? ummm, your meds must be lapsing! :P

:mrgreen:

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Pretender

Postby First-Aid » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:59 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Cheetron wrote:it might just be me or this monitor but doesn't Ratchet look a little more yellow than he did in the movie. I swear he was green, not yellow.

You know, I actually thought that too when I first saw him...he DOES look more yellow than the last movie...I think. I need to get my copy back from my mother-in-law who borrowed it so I can compare...(lame excuse to watch the movie YET again)...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Defcon! » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Motto: ""No one escapes Defcon. No one.""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
I think most of the original Tfs in the first movie will be relatively the same with a few upgrades or minor changes. They may harken back to G1 in the movie with a reformat sequence. I still think it would be cool if Prime scanned an old semi trailer resembling his G1 mode for a shot in the movie! Most of the Tfs through the cartoon series did'nt really change their appearances just tweaked them a little but they still resembled their original modes. I think it will be the same with the movie. I also think there will be quite a bit of new Tfs as well! Here's hoping! :D
Defcon!
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 pm

No need for them to reformat since the 'Cons track them by energy signature not physical form. It would be cool to see a G1 style trailer for Prime, though. As for the toys, I think that they shoud do deluxe style versions of the Voyager class TF1 toys for the TF2 toy line. Some of us just dont have the space or the wallets to accomodate getting all the cool larger stuff and smaller versions of the original forms would be a nice alternative and would give the designers at Hasbro something to think about aside from what crappy colors they can repaint the same mold this week. Even my kids are sick of the repaints and they are in the target demographic.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby leakin' lubricant » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:19 am

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Kryptikore wrote:
leakin' lubricant wrote:Is that Ultra Magnus carrying them :-?

That would be interesting, but that truck is a little plain and the trailer should be blue. To tell you the truth I wouldn't be suprised if they just repainted the Optimus mold to be Ultra Magnus for the TF2 toy line!

Just a thought really, but it would be an ingenius way to distract the attetion from a possible Ultra Magnus by shoving a couple of well etablished Auotbots on the back of him.
leakin' lubricant
Godmaster
Buy from leakin' lubricant on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM378 22B (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 One Shot Cvr M 1:50 DC Image Comics 2022 1M OCT223280 (CA) Booth"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 On ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #350 Cvr F B&W var Image Comics 2024 1123IM228 350F (CA) McFarlane"
NEW!
SPAWN #350 Cvr F B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #341 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 FEB230245 341B (W) McConville (CA) Colak"
SPAWN #341 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #16 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 NOV220221 16B (CA) Keane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #27 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM323 27A (CA) Sabbatini"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #343 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 APR230292 343C (CA) Kibar"
SPAWN #343 Cvr C v ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210027 1A (CA) Lee 230124A"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 3D sealed Image Comics 2022 JUN220022 (CA) Valentino"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #339 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220300 339A (W) McConville (CA) Bianchi"
SPAWN #339 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #331 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220240 331A (W) McConville (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #331 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #345 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230357 345A (CA) Mele 231222E"
NEW!
SPAWN #345 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #31 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1223IM300 31B (CA) Randal (W) McFarlane"
NEW!
KING SPAWN #31 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131D"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON