This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

July 2008, crammed with IDW Transformery Goodness

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

July 2008, crammed with IDW Transformery Goodness

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:54 pm

IDW Publishing's July 2008 Solicitations have been released over at Comicnewsi.com, and it looks to be one of the busiest months of the year, in terms of Comic releases.

Joining single issue releases, such as "Spotlight: Hardhead" and "Reign of Starscream #4", July will also see the launch of "All Hail Megatron #1", "Movie Prequel UK #1" and the continuation of the "Classic Transformers" and "Ark Character Design" books.

Check out all the release information below:

Transformers Spotlight: Hardhead
Simon Furman (w) • Robby Musso (a) • E.J. Su, Nick Roche (c)

The Revelations Cycle continues here! This time, the spotlight falls on the AUTOBOTS’ thick-skinned, no-nonsense “problem-solver,” HARDHEAD! As the Expansion draws ever closer, NIGHTBEAT seeks to solve the mystery of his own missing memories, and he needs Hardhead’s help. But as they retrace NIGHTBEAT’s last steps on Gorlam Prime, HARDHEAD is forced into the worst kind of no-win situation—and one that neither of them are likely survive! By veteran Transformers scribe Simon Furman and new rising star Transformers artist Robby Musso!

*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
*Retailers: See your order form for a special incentive
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Movie Sequel: The Reign of Starscream #4
Chris Mowry, Chris Ryall (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Alex Milne, James Raiz (c)

The official continuation of the blockbuster TRANSFORMERS movie continues here!
Co-writers Chris Ryall (Transformers Movie Prequel) and Chris Mowry, along with artist Alex Milne (Transformers Movie Adaptation), continue their look at the latest machinations of STARSCREAM. The new cube nears completion. But what are the strange energy spikes coming from the construction site? Can it actually mean that STARSCREAM’s plan might work and CYBERTRON… will be reborn?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Movie Prequel UK #1
Simon Furman (w) • Geoff Senior, Nick Roche (a); Roche (c)

From across the pond comes a special presentation of the U.K.-only TRANSFORMERS movie comics! These special stories, set before IDW’s all-new Movie Sequel, are penned by the TRANSFORMERS stalwart Simon Furman, and feature art by some of the best and brightest in TRANSFORMERS history. At last accessible for a U.S. audience, these stories-within-the-stories further expand upon the new movie universe, going beyond even what was seen in the IDW Prequel! This issue: get the in-depth lowdown on OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON in the build up to/aftermath of the launching of the ALLSPARK into outer space, all adorned by an all-new Nick Roche cover.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

[b[The Transformers: All Hail Megatron #1[/b]
Shane McCarthy (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Klaus Scherwinski, Trevor Hutchinson (c)

The DECEPTICONS have won, the AUTOBOTS are defeated, and the time for conquest is at hand! Or is it? This all-new series written by Shane McCarthy and featuring art by Guido Guidi picks up one year after the Revelations saga, and finds the DECEPTICONS alone and triumphant on Earth, with not an AUTOBOT in sight. With no one to stand in their way, how will the planet survive? And what of the missing AUTOBOTS? The biggest, most epic TRANSFORMERS storyline ever starts here! Klaus Scherwinski presents a shocking cover image, and Trevor Hutchinson offers an equally striking variant image.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

[b[The Transformers: The Ark, Volume 2[/b]
Jim Sorenson, William Forster (w) • Nick Roche (a)

TRANSFORMERS: The Ark, Volume 2 picks up where the first volume left off, making available for the first time hundreds of rare images chronicling the evolution of TRANSFORMERS in Japan. This volume covers all of the classic Japanese series material: HEADMASTERS, MASTERFORCE, VICTORY, ZONE, BATTLESTARS, and OPERATION COMBINATION. TRANSFORMERS, humans, aliens, ships and weapon models decorate this 208-page volume. If you love animation designs or ever wanted to know more about the TRANSFORMERS Anime, this book is for you.

TPB • B&W • 208 pages • 8.5” x 11” • $19.99 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-180-9

Classic Transformers, Volume 2
Bob Budiansky (w) • Don Perlin, Herb Trimpe (a)

Continuing IDW’s re-presentation of the beginnings of the TRANSFORMERS’ comics lore. Join the original G1 characters as the ongoing war continues between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS. In this second collection, including issues #17-30, the AUTOBOTS create OMEGA SUPREME, SHOCKWAVE cedes command to MEGATRON, and the cast of mechanoids on Earth grows. Includes classic stories such as “Plight of the Bumblebee,” “Command Performances,” “Showdown,” “Funeral for a Friend,” and more.

TPB • FC • 340 pages • 6.625” x 10.187” • $19.99 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-185-4

The Transformers Animated, Volume 4

More action from the TRANSFORMERS animated series! Read along as the heroic AUTOBOTS battle the evil DECEPTICONS as the story of their new adventures continues to unfold. Using actual still frames from the series itself — The Transformers Animated series puts new TF action in your pocket.

TPB • FC • 5” x 7” • $7.99 • 96 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-217-2

Transformers Best of the UK: Space Pirates #5
Simon Furman (w) • Will Simpson, Tim Perkins (a) • Dan Khanna (c)

Continuing the reprints of the best TRANSFORMERS sagas from across the pond! The aftermath of the classic Space Pirates saga concludes with a stunning set-up for the upcoming epic, Time Wars! The wheels are now in motion for a legendary tale that sends the story across the galaxy and through time itself. From longtime TRANSFORMERS scribe Simon Furman, with a new cover by Dan Khanna.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: July 2008, crammed with IDW Transformery Goodness

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:00 pm

all shall be mine

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Autobot Jazz » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:16 pm

I can just feel this will be a great summer for Transformers.
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Weapon: Sword
Does the IDW Classic series have the same artwork as the original Marel comic, or are they the same stories redrawn?
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby leader magnus prime » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:33 pm

i want reighn of starscream and spotlight hardhead :grin:
Devastation is coming
leader magnus prime
Vehicon

Postby 1337W422102 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:22 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Does the IDW Classic series have the same artwork as the original Marel comic, or are they the same stories redrawn?

Classic The Transformers is a Trade Paperback. The first volume collects issues #1-2, 4-8, & 10-16 (#3 and #9 weren't reprinted due to copyright reasons: they feature the Marvel characters Spider-Man and Circuit Breaker, respectively). 14 issues in full colour on glossy paper for $20 is a great deal!

I eagerly bought CTF Volume 1 and I'm anticipating Volume 2.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Lapse Of Reason wrote:Does the IDW Classic series have the same artwork as the original Marel comic, or are they the same stories redrawn?

The Classics series is the same as the old Marvel stuff, just reprinted into one big omnibus edition. As much as I would love for the issues to be recoloured, Yomtov's colours stay.

The first trade was missing issues #3 and #9 due to the appearance of Spiderman and Circuit Breaker respectively, which Marvel owns the rights to, this copyright issue stuff will make the tail end of the series, very interesting.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:34 pm

Weapon: Sword
Okay, thanks for the answers to the Generation one books. I already have the Titan volumes so it doesn't look like I am missing anything worth spending more $ on.

I eagerly await the other stuff!
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Pyrostrata » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:43 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Wow! IDW must think we ALL are gonna get out "Economic Stimulus Package" checks in July, with this massive titles release! I will be dropping a whole BUNCH of monies at the comic store!! :grin:
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby gogleman374 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:35 am

I feel like total dumb ass asking this but,
hot to I obtain these comics?

I've seen the spotlight ones on Amazon usually a month or so later but, I want me so megatron hailing goodnes.
gogleman374
Targetmaster

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:59 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Ever been to a comic store?
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby ponycorn » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:29 pm

We're getting spoiled alright! Even still, it feels like July is forever-away. June seems like forever from now. I just can't get enough 'cons I suppose.

Not a bad thing though. I still havn't cracked open my Classics Volume 1 yet. Even I can't keep up with my TF demand! :P
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby dragons » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:38 pm

im glad that the transformers movie uk version is finally going to be released in the us but ill just wait to the trade paper back version iunstead and same idea with reign of starscream set to
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Moonbase2 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:07 pm

I need a comic book NOW!!!!!
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #63 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #12 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926J"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 2nd ptg Cvr A Megatron Image Comics 2024 0124IM894 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #4 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1B 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210588 3RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210482 31A (CA) Zuniga (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #31 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0923IM458 2C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210539 1RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Soundwave Image Comics 2023 (CA) Howard 240210B"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON