This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One of Us"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One of Us"

Postby WhiteRabbit » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:50 pm

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted.
These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.
No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

"One of Us" | Story and Letters by Carlos "Synapse" Oliveros | Art by Iván "Decep" Mas | Colors by Rafael "Fargnay" Yáñez

WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One of Us"

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:09 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Is that Doubledealer?
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby misfire » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:41 pm

sure is
misfire
Mini-Con

Postby City Commander » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
Hurrah! :D

Awesome strips as always!
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Best DD art ever!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Defcon! » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Motto: ""No one escapes Defcon. No one.""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
Love the art! ;)^
Defcon!
Godmaster
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Menbailee » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:25 am

Well done, very well done! It's nice to see a Mosaic that builds character so compellingly through a mechanism other than the now-overused internal monologue. The art also makes bold decisions by avoiding multiple frames. One of my favorite Mosaics so far.
Menbailee
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:43 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Okay, I get that it's Doubledealer (or anime-colored Doubleclouder), but what I don't get is what's going on? Is he being interigated? And by whom? And who is the one yelling at the interigator with the gray speaking bubbles?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:10 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:Okay, I get that it's Doubledealer (or anime-colored Doubleclouder), but what I don't get is what's going on? Is he being interigated? And by whom? And who is the one yelling at the interigator with the gray speaking bubbles?

Yes-interrogation
Whom- ???
Yelling- ???

We don't know, but it sure is pertty!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Thats just too confusing for me.
I love the art though.
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby synapse » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:29 am

Weapon: Black Magic
Wow, can't believe I got more comments here than in the very IDW boards :D

So yeah, that's definitely Doubledealer, who's being tortured by a suspicious (and indeed right) autobot soldier fed up with his... doubledealing, heh :P

So who's the interrogator? who's the officer? well, that's up to you guys. It was of course done on purpose not to mention any names so that it would feel more... hmm... mysterious, more like and old tv-show or something where you don't ever get to see the bad guy... only it's the good guys you don't see here :P

Okay, my first idea for the interrogator was Punch/Counterpunch, another double-agent... and the officer might be Cerebros (yep, from the Headmasters series). Also Sideswipe and Hound could work (IDW continuity), or Sunstreaker and Prowl (yep, IDW too).

And yeah, I was kinda fed up with so many mosaic pieces with "over-used internal monologue". I wanted DD as the main character, but not saying a single word. Also wanted as minimum pannels as possible. Hope it worked out well.

So thanks for all your comments. Btw we're the same "creative team" responsible for "The Curse" (feat. Blurr), "The Wait" (feat. movie-verse Scorponok), "Back Home" (feat. Verity's dad), "Jingle all the way" (Christmas special), "Justice" (Straxus) and "Ambassador" (Overlord). Hope you guys liked or work so far :P

Best regards,

Carlos
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM322 6D (CA) Canete"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #2 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 2A AUG190762 (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 #0 IDW Comics 2019 JUN190704 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
TRANSFORMERS '84 # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C GI JOE 1123IM274 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #40 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 DEC210540 40A (CA) Hernandez"
TRANSFORMERS #40 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #2 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Decepticon cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr G blank sketch Image Comics 2023 1G GI JOE 1023IM265 (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr G blan ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #1 2nd ptg IDW Comics 2012 (CA) Griffith"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Legends & Rumors 100-Page Giant IDW Comics 2021 231222D"
TRANSFORMERS '84 L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #15 Cover A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 15A (CA) Perez SEP190683"
TRANSFORMERS #15 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 RI Incentive Variant 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10RI"
TRANSFORMERS #10 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 4C GI JOE 0124IM249 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON