This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TF Animated available at retail in Ontario (I HAVE THEM)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

TF Animated available at retail in Ontario (I HAVE THEM)

Postby Magnimus » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:43 pm

Following a post made by RandomFerret at TFworld2005 about TF Animated deluxes spotted at an Ontario, Canada Wal-Mart, I followed up on the posting and went to that location, the Eastgate Mall in Hamilton, Ontario. Lo and behold, I too found the first wave of deluxe figures (Bumblebee, Lockdown, Prowl, and Cybertron Optimus) for sale on the pegs. I bought them.

Here's a picture of my receipt (personal info removed) and a picture of my haul. More pictures forthcoming as I open up these badboys.

Magnimus
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario (I HAVE THEM)

Postby Bumblethumper » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:05 pm

wow!

... lucky you! In my neck of the woods I'm still waiting for certain movie line figures to show up. Still no sign of Dropkick, and I've been checking every week for months! 8-}
Bumblethumper
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Zeds » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:30 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Magnimus wrote:Following a post made by RandomFerret at TFworld2005 about TF Animated deluxes spotted at an Ontario, Canada Wal-Mart, I followed up on the posting and went to that location, the Eastgate Mall in Hamilton, Ontario. Lo and behold, I too found the first wave of deluxe figures (Bumblebee, Lockdown, Prowl, and Cybertron Optimus) for sale on the pegs. I bought them.

Here's a picture of my receipt (personal info removed) and a picture of my haul. More pictures forthcoming as I open up these badboys.

Awesome news. Time for a trip to Wally World.

BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby UltraPrimal » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:57 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
WHAT?! :shock:
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
FPC'd you lucky sonofa'.... COngrats!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby shortround » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:58 pm

I told you guys that they would be out at the end of april here in the state since reset is either the week of april 13th or april 18th depending on what part of the states you live in so keep your eyes out for animated figures.
Serpentor "I am the one born to rule and destined to conquer. Let those who fear me, follow me. Let those who oppose me, die."
shortround
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:24 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
What the...

I could see Cincinnati, but Ontario? Really?

And Shortround, no one's denying the fact that your information might be correct. We're just used to not having things go our way when it comes to the release of figures.

Time frames get moved up, pushed back, locations change, etc.

Still...until I see concrete proof that it's going to be more than just these two metro areas...I'm not wasting gas, money or time.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:33 pm

shortround wrote:I told you guys that they would be out at the end of april here in the state since reset is either the week of april 13th or april 18th depending on what part of the states you live in so keep your eyes out for animated figures.

Just like the post about the commercial you saw for them.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby MaP_Prime » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:08 pm

So is this some sort of testing release or is this actual release? Like is this the beginning of the Animated toy line showing up in NA?
"You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues."
Batman to Wonder Woman, Justice League Unlimited Episode 6: The Little Piggy
MaP_Prime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Thats so unfair....
Damn those canadians!
LOL, just kidding, you guys are awesome.
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Satan's Camaro wrote:Thats so unfair....
Damn those canadians!

I know we are 8)

Either way, congrats man. I also called an early release on these and Universe. We may not have Universe yet, but I'm willing to bet we see them on the shelves before June. Remember, release dates aren't set in stone.

Congrats Magnimus! Has anyone seen them in Mississauga?

Hey Autobot032, what's so brow raising about Animated figures showing up here instead of your back yard?

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby TFBuyer » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:33 pm

GetterDragun wrote:
shortround wrote:I told you guys that they would be out at the end of april here in the state since reset is either the week of april 13th or april 18th depending on what part of the states you live in so keep your eyes out for animated figures.

Thank you. :lol:

Recent TF Purchases--Transformers Power of the Primes!
TFBuyer
Headmaster
Strength: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
TFBuyer wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:

Thank you. :lol:

I miss something here?

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Postby GreenLantern of Cybertron » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:58 pm

Motto: "Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light!"
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Hologram Gun
I should go and look if they are here in markham.
Freedom is a sacred right,
for all sentient beings for who I fight,
let evil know fear and doubt,
Green Lantern Corps transform and roll out!
GreenLantern of Cybertron
Combiner
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby botcon » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Yes no i don't have to wait till June :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :grin:
botcon
Mini-Con
News Credits: 14

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:22 pm

GreenLantern of Cybertron wrote:I should go and look if they are here in markham.

I'm working at the Toronto ComicCon tomorrow. I'll be the guys from Cybertron.ca will be selling some.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Postby TFBuyer » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Down_Shift wrote:I miss something here?

Just found Getter's post humorous--shortround is forever letting us know release dates based on not-so-confirmed information... Ironic that he seems to have some validation now. Although, Canada isn't the states...

Recent TF Purchases--Transformers Power of the Primes!
TFBuyer
Headmaster
Strength: 5
Speed: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:49 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
GetterDragun wrote:

-_-...and this is why people don't have respect for the mods and admins anymore. They're not given a reason to.

Don't you think a comment like this could've been handled better via PM, IM, or email?

Down_Shift wrote:
Satan's Camaro wrote:Thats so unfair....
Damn those canadians!

I know we are 8)

Either way, congrats man. I also called an early release on these and Universe. We may not have Universe yet, but I'm willing to bet we see them on the shelves before June. Remember, release dates aren't set in stone.

Congrats Magnimus! Has anyone seen them in Mississauga?

Hey Autobot032, what's so brow raising about Animated figures showing up here instead of your back yard?

Actually, I don't care that you guys are getting the figures, in fact, more power to ya.

I just can't understand why Cinci and Ontario were picked out of all the places to do this test marketing thing.

I could see LA or Chicago or NYC. I understand (though I think it's a bad move, considering they'll all be hocked left and right...) that Cinci is where BotCon will be this year, but I'm guessing the Canadian release us because of Toronto and it's metro area.

That's just a guess though...still, I can't figure this out. I consider it to be dumb. Either release them or don't, but figure out a plan and stick with it Hasbro! It's hard enough keeping up with the show!

TFBuyer wrote:Just found Getter's post humorous--shortround is forever letting us know release dates based on not-so-confirmed information... Ironic that he seems to have some validation now. Although, Canada isn't the states...

Validation or not, idiotic posts or not, it's not Getter's place to put him in the spot light like that. Let Shortround succeed or fail on his own merits, not with the help of those who are supposed to help us.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Autobot032 wrote:Gigantic post

Don't let my last post confuse, I read it after and it came off a little rude. Normally the GTA gets new anything first, not just Transformers. It's a proven and invaluable test market. Besides, we have a Hasbro in our back yard. Too tell you the truth, I don't see this as a "test market" thing. I think it's just a normal release. Like any new line it will take a little while to spread out.

When Hasbro Canada orders it's figures from Takara they forcast higher then the states. To be honest I forget why, but I talked to a rep from Hasbro Canada a few months back and she was giving me that line. She was pretty hot, so I wasn't fully paying attention. I know it will come to me later when I'm not exhausted. :P

Ohio makes sense because Botcon will be there and that will boost the economy purely out of everyone attending botcon hitting up every Wal-mart, Target and TRU in the area.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:27 pm

TFBuyer wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:I miss something here?

Just found Getter's post humorous--shortround is forever letting us know release dates based on not-so-confirmed information... Ironic that he seems to have some validation now. Although, Canada isn't the states...

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Jokes. He he he, I get jokes.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca

Down_Shift
Faction Commander

Postby Nekoman » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I love how one person finds them in Ontario and the toys are out in every single crevice of the world. 8-|

Autobot032 wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:

-_-...and this is why people don't have respect for the mods and admins anymore. They're not given a reason to.

I actually respect most of the mods here, GetterDragun never told me not to post my honest opinion about Animated.

Actually, I’ve found that sometimes, its hard to respect a lot of people here because they them selves are so disrespectful. I’m tired of being told to quit watching TFA because I don’t like it. When people tell me “if you don’t like the show, don’t watch it.” I find that disrespectful.

There are a LOT of people here who aren’t moderators and are quite disrespectful. I have some names in mind, but for the sake of not being a jerk I wont name them.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby shortround » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:48 pm

Whatever I was wrong about the comerical it turned out to be an add for t.v. show that direct t.v. was sponcering don't know why. But as far as the reset goes all you had to do was search the G.I. Joe fans Unite--25th anniversary fig talk and More! in general discussion there was a guy who works at target that said that the reset in his area was taking place the week of the 13th and I talked to a person that works at the target near me that said the reset was the week of the 18th for my area and more important I asked about transformers animated and she confirmed that they were in the computer and would be put out during or shortly after the reset and there is further proof just look at the topic tf animated toy now up for preorder at amazon.com or something like that and there shipping date is may 1st.
Serpentor "I am the one born to rule and destined to conquer. Let those who fear me, follow me. Let those who oppose me, die."
shortround
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:37 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Nekoman wrote:I love how one person finds them in Ontario and the toys are out in every single crevice of the world. 8-|

Actually it is two people in this Canadian area now, but yes, the rest of us can take it with a grain of salt. It is news though, and the people need to know. :D
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9

Postby Magnimus » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:09 am

I am not the only one to find these. RandomFerrett was the first, but since then other members on the TFW2005 boards in Hamilton have snagged them too.

I also am a bit perplexed as to why the Eastgate Mall in Hamilton, Ontario even has these. I'm inclined to believe that it is come kind of mistake and the store put these figures out as part of regular TF toy restocking, unaware that they are not widely available. I'd go back to see if they restocked (thereby indicating they have more than a few cases of toys), but that Wal-Mart is a little out of the way. I'll check the other Wal-Marts in town and see if they have them too to determine if the appearance of TFA deluxes at Eastgate are a one-time fluke.
Magnimus
Fuzor

Postby Defcon! » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:03 am

Motto: ""No one escapes Defcon. No one.""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
Awesome! Sucks we don't have them here yet i can't wait to get them!
Defcon!
Godmaster
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDESWIPE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
SIDESWIPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Legion Class Movie AOE 2014 New 220427A"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SQWEEKS Transformers Last Knight Deluxe 100% complete TLK Movie Hasbro 221107A"
SQWEEKS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete + more 2009 220802A"
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 1 GRIMLOCK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Last Knight Movie AOE 230118A"
Series 1 GRIMLOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Age Extinction One-Step complete AOE Hasbro 2014"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark Moon Cyberverse Legion DOTM TRU 2011"
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 221013A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON