This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HASBRO Officially Announces Cincinnati Is Test City For Toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

HASBRO Officially Announces Cincinnati Is Test City For Toys

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:48 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
A press release that you can find here http://www.botcon.com/ at the Botcon site states that Walmart, K-Mart, and Toy R' Us in the Cincinatti area would be the stores that travelers to Botcon and local folks could find the early release of many Animated toys possibly including The Animated Battle Pack, Deluxe and Voyager size toys (Wave 1 only), and others.

This is indeed good news for the Seibetron contingent that is building and building. Hope to see you there, Animated toys in hand or not!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: HASBRO Officially Announces Cincinnati Is Test City For Toys

Postby Glitcher » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:58 am

Damn. I was hoping Hasbro would announce Belgium as the test location for its toys. T_T
Glitcher
Combiner

Postby Megatron's Lapdog » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:23 am

I live near Cincinnati, and they're already out in the stores. My local Walmart in Maysville, KY was chock full, so I'm sure the others are too. If anyone needs something, let me know...
Megatron's Lapdog
Minibot

Postby Nekoman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:41 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
And then Hasbro will witness the atrocity they have created, managers scrambling to get their money back, stores burning their left over stock to get shelf space for something better, cries of disappointment from children AND adults!

Ah, kidding…
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby Roboto750 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:51 am

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
This is one of the dumbest things I've heard so far in regard to Botcon. They're not "testing" anything, it's a money making opportunity. Compared to the last 2 years, this show is considerably lacking in content, costs attendees more, has one of the most disappointing exclusive sets (my opinion), released their registration info way too late, and yet more people are attending :???: . I guess Hasbro needs to do something to insure Animated is marketed well during the time of the show (and will be a pay off). For me, I'm skipping this year for the above reasons and a few others. I hope they pick up the slack for next year's Botcon.
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Zeds » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:53 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Since I am not going to BOTCON it is time instead for a ROAD TRIP!
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby StryderPrime » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 am

I dont know 2 much about how sales work but........

Is it a given if u put new figures out in a area that will be crawling with TFans for a coupling of days that it a sure bet that they will be flying off the shelves. Even ppl that hate animated r sure 2 buy at least 2 figures off the series and you jus gave the scalpers a definely(i know i cant spell) sign 2 raid all the departmment stores there

I not hating on Cincinnati or nuthin but 2 said they testing there is like u testing 2 see if the hungry birds outside will eat some 4weeks old mold bread........when u know they will.

Just my opinion........I just want a Prowl :P
StryderPrime
Fuzor

Postby Cyberjet #7 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:05 pm

It kinda sucks as an idea. "Test" area for a product coming out like a month later? What's there to test? I'm pretty sure fans of the show have waited long enough and will buy the toys...
Cyberjet #7
Headmaster Jr

Postby First-Aid » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:16 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
That's a nice little bonus for you folks going to BotCon...anyway I can convince someone to pick me up the set?? :-P
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby ponycorn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:39 pm

Too bad they don't want to have a control group for this "test" they're running. Say, the California Bay Area perhaps... :sad:
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby shortround » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:01 pm

Interesting but I wouldn't really call it test marketing so much as a smart move on hasbro point since botcon is the biggest tf convention all year and there sure to make a butt load of money since they ran short on the convention execlusives set this year and people who didn't get one will have that extra money burning a hole in there pocket. I won't be attending but more power to the people who are. Someday I hope they hold botcon in washington state I would be the first person to sign up as well as the first person thru the door.
Serpentor "I am the one born to rule and destined to conquer. Let those who fear me, follow me. Let those who oppose me, die."
shortround
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby bvzxa » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:53 pm

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Hasbro is greedy like Mattel.

This what Mattel does when they have a K-Mart K-Day event with specially colored cars, a chance to hopen a whole case, and find treasure hunts.

So during K-Day events, they release new cars that won't be out for like a month or tow, and they call it first-to-market exclusives. The cool thing is they have variations to them, so they may fetch a pretty penny for a .99 cents car.

Now Hasbro is doing the same thing with the animated toys. It's a smart move since attendees and others get a first chance at the animated toys. Scalpers will make a last ditch run, but 30 days later, they will be out a regualr retail in massive quantities. Unless you're going to Botcon, you would be a dumb idiot to take a road trip for toys that will be out in a month.

test my hairy cybertron ass :twisted: :!:
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:37 pm

****, ****, ****.

Why is it that Hasbro NEVER chooses the west?
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby Stormrider » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:46 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Test market? huh? I thought the toys were already spotted in a few locations in the U.S. and Canada? Aren't test markets supposed to be a pre-release location? I have a feeling that this series will see a wide release everywhere in the U.S. right around the time of Botcon and Hasbro is just calling it "test market" to hype it up. The press release helps support the hype.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Defcon! » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Motto: ""No one escapes Defcon. No one.""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
If i can manage to hit one of those stores i will but unless i see one on the way or in the area i'll pass. I'd hate to be running around trying to find figures during Botcon! No thank you! I'll spend as much time as i can at the show!
Defcon!
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Firebird » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:36 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
This means that I will actally have something for the voice actors to sign at the autograph sessions now!

And I can get Prowl :D
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Bun-Bun » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:46 am

Roboto750 wrote:This is one of the dumbest things I've heard so far in regard to Botcon. They're not "testing" anything, it's a money making opportunity. Compared to the last 2 years, this show is considerably lacking in content, costs attendees more, has one of the most disappointing exclusive sets (my opinion), released their registration info way too late, and yet more people are attending :???: . I guess Hasbro needs to do something to insure Animated is marketed well during the time of the show (and will be a pay off). For me, I'm skipping this year for the above reasons and a few others. I hope they pick up the slack for next year's Botcon.

QF f'n T :APPLAUSE:

There really is nothing else to say about this announcment.
The opinions expressed in this post are well-reasoned and insightful.
Needless to say, they are not those of SEIBERTRON.COM, its staff members, or any other site lackeys.
Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

Bun-Bun
Gestalt

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:16 pm

This is only good news for people who live in that area or who have the money to go to Botcon

I don't see why they need a test market These toys will sell
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Delicon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:31 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Does anyone know where these stores are in relation to the Con?

Cincy isn't exactly small.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby First-Aid » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Satan's Camaro wrote:****, ****, ****.

Why is it that Hasbro NEVER chooses the west?

Probably because you guys usually get the figs firsts anyways thanks to distribution and arrival from China on the West Coast...gotta let us Midwesterners have something...besides earthquakes that is...

Besides the rest of us in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Iowa will be lucky to see the figs by the end of August...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby xler8 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:58 pm

I haven't been reading posts lately, just the headlines. I surprised people don't like the anim figures. I picked up a bunch in Cinci this weekend and really like them. The voyager Megs is the my fav megatron after from the mpiece one.

--

lots of animated figs at tru in kenwood:
7800 Montgomery Rd Cincinnati, OH 45236
513 - 791 - 8697

walmart (ridge) had only 2 left:
3430 Highland Ave, Cincinnati, OH
xler8
Mini-Con

Postby Megatron's Lapdog » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:20 am

Delicon wrote:Does anyone know where these stores are in relation to the Con?

Cincy isn't exactly small.

I could take anyone who wants to go to about 15-20 Walmarts in a 50-70 mile radius. I'm sure that they will be all over the place. I'll be at the Early Registration on Thursday night, and most of the day on Friday, if not all day.
Megatron's Lapdog
Minibot

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mega Axe Attack OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Warrior 2021"
Mega Axe Attack OP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Flip Shot BUMBLEBEE Transformers Bot Shots Series 2 B001 Series New Hasbro 2013"
Flip Shot BUMBLEBE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 220420A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Attackers POWER PUNCH BUMBLEBEE Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Movie"
Power Attackers PO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Authentics Bravo 5" Action Figure Hasbro 2018 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #4 Regular Cvr IDW Comics 2017 (W) Barber (A/CA) Zama"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KREON 4-PACK Transformers Kre-o Universal Optimus Prime Evac Megatron Bumblebee"
KREON 4-PACK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) Transformers Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018"
BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures WZK73955 WizKids NECA 2020"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON