This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Animated Bulkhead Video Review

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Animated Bulkhead Video Review

Postby Stormrider » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Sean Long has done a video review of Animated Transformers Bulkhead Leader class. The review shows the step by step transformation and accessories. He also shows size comparison with Animated Bulkhead Voyager class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHG_3AZQl08
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Re: Animated Bulkhead Video Review

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Weapon: Sword
I'm definitely waiting for the Leader Class Bulkhead. I know I will be getting Animated toys, but I'm not going to be buying multiple versions of these figures like what happened with the movie line. Leader Bulkhead is more to scale and just looks like a much better figure than the voyager size.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:44 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Love the talking gimmick, but the scale is still off. :(
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby JustinRODimus » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm

wow!!! that talking gimmick is badASS with the headmaster

"OWNAGE, TOTAL OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!"
JustinRODimus
Minibot

Postby Decatron » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:25 am

Motto: "This is your end."
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Pretty sweet.
Decatron
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Glitcher » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:10 am

Autobot032 wrote:Love the talking gimmick, but the scale is still off. :(

Buddy, I don't think Hasbro can make Bulkhead much bigger than that. You'd need about five size classes above Ultimate for Bulkhead to be in scale with the rest of the line, at which point you'll complain about the price instead. :roll:

Not a bad review. I'm glad Sean stopped saying 'basically' all the time. I can picture the sound effects grating after a while, particularly the Headmaster, and I'm disappointed Bulkhead has lost his trademark wrecking ball. I'm still not dead set on this toy. Voyager class still seems like a sufficient, cheap alternative to me.
Glitcher
Combiner

Postby City Commander » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:03 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
He's real nice, but still a tad short.

I may have to get a deluxe Prime instead...
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:04 am

Glitcher wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Love the talking gimmick, but the scale is still off. :(

Buddy, I don't think Hasbro can make Bulkhead much bigger than that. You'd need about five size classes above Ultimate for Bulkhead to be in scale with the rest of the line, at which point you'll complain about the price instead. :roll:

Not a bad review. I'm glad Sean stopped saying 'basically' all the time. I can picture the sound effects grating after a while, particularly the Headmaster, and I'm disappointed Bulkhead has lost his trademark wrecking ball. I'm still not dead set on this toy. Voyager class still seems like a sufficient, cheap alternative to me.

Well...Buddy, why don't you cut back on the smarm a bit? At which point I will enjoy this experience more and your eyes won't keep rolling. Be careful, you might pop 'em out of your head.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Autoclot » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:39 am

That toy is looking extremely awesome right now. It will be mine 8)
Autoclot
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Agent 007 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:30 am

He seems ok I like the headmaster gimmick. Best ones I've seen so far for animated.
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt

Postby Bumblethumper » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:17 pm

:-B Stormrider, you should retitle this thread "Leader Class Animated Bulkhead" ... I almost passed it thinking I'd already seen Bulkhead (the voyager).

Some thoughts:

He didn't say, but I'm guessing the Headmaster head doesn't transform.

That's a pity - having just watched Return of the Headmaster, I gotta say, he's one of the flat-out best characters they've come up with. I guess the non-transforming head is merely a bonus, so no big deal, but I could really go for an actual transforming Headmaster figure. Maybe they could do one as a deluxe, or even Legends class to fit with Voyager Bulkhead and deluxe Sentinel.

Overall, LC Bulkhead looks to be an awesome toy. I like the way they made him tilt his head as he opens his mouth. That's a nice touch, makes it seem a lot more expressive.

Excellent posability too.
Bumblethumper
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:24 pm

After seeing this video, I just realized, we're most likely not going to get a Leader Class Lugnut. In the cartoon, both Bulhead and Lugnut are about the same size and height. Well, Leader Class Bulkhead is the same height as Voyager Prime, and Blitzwing isn't that much bigger than Lugnut is and he too is a Voyager, so they all seem to fit the same scale (give or take)

If I'm proven wrong (which I'd love) then terrific. If I'm not, then I know what to buy, now.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Bumblethumper » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Autobot032 wrote:After seeing this video, I just realized, we're most likely not going to get a Leader Class Lugnut. In the cartoon, both Bulhead and Lugnut are about the same size and height. Well, Leader Class Bulkhead is the same height as Voyager Prime, and Blitzwing isn't that much bigger than Lugnut is and he too is a Voyager, so they all seem to fit the same scale (give or take)

I can see Bulkhead being a kid favourite, but I don't think kids would really want a Leader Class Lugnut. Kids are lucky if they get any toy that big, and there's only so many birthdays and Christmases in a year. My feeling is a L-C Lugnut would do some serious shelf warming.

To stay in scale, I'll be putting together different lineups. Voyager Lugnut and Bulkhead aren't really to scale with most of the other deluxe, voyager and leader classes, but they might be roughly to scale with deluxe Optimus and some of the activators.

I'll mix and match.
Bumblethumper
Headmaster
News Credits: 4

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:29 pm

Bumblethumper wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:After seeing this video, I just realized, we're most likely not going to get a Leader Class Lugnut. In the cartoon, both Bulhead and Lugnut are about the same size and height. Well, Leader Class Bulkhead is the same height as Voyager Prime, and Blitzwing isn't that much bigger than Lugnut is and he too is a Voyager, so they all seem to fit the same scale (give or take)

I can see Bulkhead being a kid favourite, but I don't think kids would really want a Leader Class Lugnut. Kids are lucky if they get any toy that big, and there's only so many birthdays and Christmases in a year. My feeling is a L-C Lugnut would do some serious shelf warming.

To stay in scale, I'll be putting together different lineups. Voyager Lugnut and Bulkhead aren't really to scale with most of the other deluxe, voyager and leader classes, but they might be roughly to scale with deluxe Optimus and some of the activators.

I'll mix and match.

I agree with you on the Leader Class/price thing. It's far more realistic that way.

Besides, I liked Lugnut from the video review and I'm not sure I could handle the wait for a Leader Class. lol
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:00 pm

I hate to bump this, but with all the news swirling around, it's kinda hard to keep up with it all.

Anywho, Hasbro confirmed that there will not be a Leader Class Lugnut, so Voyager it is, and the only reason I bring it up in here is because we were talking about it earlier. Glad to know that we don't have to wonder anymore.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby xSEANxLONGx » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:55 am

Autobot032 wrote:I hate to bump this, but with all the news swirling around, it's kinda hard to keep up with it all.

Anywho, Hasbro confirmed that there will not be a Leader Class Lugnut, so Voyager it is, and the only reason I bring it up in here is because we were talking about it earlier. Glad to know that we don't have to wonder anymore.

It be cool to see a Leader Lugnut but I don't see it being a must besides for scale there is not much you can add to the figure besides him saying "All Hail Mighty Megatron" and being a little Bigger.

By The way Thanks for the kind words bro! I try to watch what I say in my reviews too :)
xSEANxLONGx
Micromaster

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON