This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Colored All Hail cover includes tribute & IDW releases

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Colored All Hail cover includes tribute & IDW releases

Postby First Gen » Tue May 06, 2008 12:32 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Chris Ryall has been busy as of late, updating his blog with the new retailers cover for All Hail Megatron book #1 and upcoming comic releases for the May 7th. Included in todays update for the comic releases for tomorrow is the already colored All Hail #1 variant cover that we originally reported here.

The original black and white, done by new IDW Cover artist Casey Coller had a hidden tribute in it to his sister who recently passed away. In an email to Chris, Casey stated that he couldn't believe that Josh Perez (Colorist for the cover) saw the tribute and colored it nicely.

The original Brian Bollard piece this was based off of:

The staff and members of Seibertron.com would like to offer their deepest condolences to Casey and his family in this trying time.

To view the complete blog entry on the colored cover, including Casey's touching email, click here.

And to view all comic releases scheduled for tomorrow, click here.
Last edited by First Gen on Tue May 06, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute & IDW releases

Postby --B-- » Tue May 06, 2008 12:49 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Pics don't work
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby First Gen » Tue May 06, 2008 1:00 pm

--B-- wrote:Pics don't work

I updated them on the main post. Sorry about that.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue May 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
They have made the awesome even more so. Didn't think that would be possible. :grin:
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Blozor » Tue May 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
First Gen wrote:
--B-- wrote:Pics don't work

I updated them on the main post. Sorry about that.

You can't hotlink pics from Blogger. They show up on your computer because they're in your cache already, but they won't show up on anyone else's. Every pic is encoded to the Blog it was originally posted to, so they won't work outside that Blog. You have to host them yourself somewhere like Photobucket to share them universally.

I know; I've been using Blogger for years now and I ran into the same trouble when they started doing pics that way. I can't hotlink them to my Blog's LiveJournal "mirror;" I have to change all the links to Photobucket links.
Blozor
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue May 06, 2008 3:29 pm

This cover just took on a whole new meaning!
I strongly encourage everyone to go to Ryall's blog about this and about the artists story. I followed the link and read the article written by Collers sister. I then promptly called up The ComicStop (where I have a box and list of titles to receive each month) and told the owner a bit about the story and requested that if the cover comes in, that it be put in my box. A note was added to my list to ensure I would recieve a copy if the store gets one in.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby First Gen » Tue May 06, 2008 3:38 pm

Okay now. Super fixed. Sorry for the confusion.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue May 06, 2008 3:53 pm

I got so caught up in the story behind the tribute that I missed the fact that I can only order that cover from Apocalypse Comics in the U.K. :BANG_HEAD:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Primus C-00 » Tue May 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Awe = Sum!

:grin:
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue May 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Perez's colours do this cover justice.

Condolences to Casey's family, what a lovely tribute piece to have made in your honour.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby ponycorn » Tue May 06, 2008 5:38 pm

I didn't know this cover could look even better, but it does. I've got to pick my jaw up off the floor.

I might try to get this as my first retailer incentive cover. I'm a subscriber at my comic shop, I guess I can also have them put a note in my pull box.
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON