New Images of Movie Scorponok Toy

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Images of Movie Scorponok Toy

Postby Skowl » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:35 am

ACToys has posted images of several Transformers movie figures. Most we've seen plenty of already, but there are some clear, close-up images of the deluxe-class Scorponok, a figure we haven't seen many images of so far, in both modes. You can check out the pics here.
User avatar
Skowl
City Commander
Posts: 3081
News Credits: 665
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:20 am

Postby Dragonslayer » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:43 am

Motto: "Howdy, dammit!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Cool. Have to get one of those.
Wingz wrote:His servos bring all Naval Strikes 'Cons to the yard
Dragonslayer
Gestalt
Posts: 2396
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:42 pm
Location: Southern California
Alt Mode: Classified
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:46 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
What the hell did scorponok scan? It says Fuel and no step on him. My idea is that he scaned a fuel drum with a scorpion on it.
Current TF count: 2042

User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4948
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Galaxy_Convoy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:47 am

I like him, the Alt mode that is. Sadly thet robot mode has that zombie godzilla monster feel to it, as if they made that form just to say its a transformer. Ah well, still worth getting.
Galaxy_Convoy
Fuzor
Posts: 288
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:58 pm

Postby City Commander » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:54 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Meh. That bot mode is soooo an afterthought.

Overall, not a bad bunch of mechs. The heads could be better, but I'm sure people out there are already cooking up replacements for thses. I mean Deluxe and Voyager size tfs. That means we have the entire Unicron Trilogy of tfs to consider as head-swapping material.

I like:
Racthet
Ironhide
Blackout

Starscream is ok, but he isn't really StarScrea at all.
They shoulda called him Blitzwing if you ask me.
Plane bot, likes destruction= Blitz and Wing!
Image
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
User avatar
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7177
News Credits: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: AWC Headquarters (under the sofa)
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: Infinity
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby guara » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:01 am

I pity the fact that Scorponok has such an obvious weak spot now. Shoot the head at it goes BOOM! XD
guara
Mini-Con
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:00 pm

Postby *Soundwave* » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:11 am

I don't think he'll transform in the movie, I think they just had to give him a robot mode for the toy, because if he transformed into that in the movie, it would look so dumb.
Image
*Soundwave*
Vehicon
Posts: 367
News Credits: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:42 am
Location: In ur radio, jammin ur signalz.

Postby 1337W422102 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:20 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Uh, pass.
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5032
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Kayevcee » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:59 am

He transforms into a part of Blackout (hence the dinky Scorponok that comes with him), so the "no step" logos and suchlike are from the outside of the helicopter. Yes, the robot mode is ropey but as a standalone figure without a 2ft Blackout toy to plug into he'd be a bit pointless unless he turned into something more than 'a bit of an engine'. I have heard that there's a gear on Scorpy's back that connects to voyager Blackout's rotor mechanism, but it was a long time ago somebody said it and I've seen no more about it since.

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon
Posts: 371
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:22 pm

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:01 am

2 things,
1 Scorponok is staying in alt mode when I get him.
2 These movie toys seem capable of some dynamic poses, to me that makes up for alot in the way they are designed.
Image

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5938
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:45 am

Postby Jetfire Masta » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:03 pm

Will get Ironhide and maybe Starscream, but they will just be mechs, not Transformers.
Jetfire Masta
Minibot
Posts: 177
News Credits: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:44 pm

Postby Satanatron » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:26 pm

Transformers are mechs. Before they were even called transformers. Diaclone, Microman you name it. All mechs. Don't get how some people get a little work up about transformers being mechs.
Satanatron
Minibot
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:48 am

Postby Seibertron » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:41 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Satanatron wrote:Transformers are mechs. Before they were even called transformers. Diaclone, Microman you name it. All mechs. Don't get how some people get a little work up about transformers being mechs.


I imagine it has something to do with Transformers being sentient whereas all of the other examples are not.
Image

Black lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 13325
News Credits: 3503
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Tom_Servo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:58 pm

Everybody got that? Do not setp on Scorponok!
Image
Tom_Servo
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:21 am

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:10 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:2 things,
1 Scorponok is staying in alt mode when I get him.
2 These movie toys seem capable of some dynamic poses, to me that makes up for alot in the way they are designed.
Maybe so, but you take Quazi-moto, make him the best ninja that ever lived, & he's still damn ugly.

....figured it'd be better than the traditional "an articulate piece of sh*t is still a piece of sh*t" line....

Nevertheless, these guys are starting to grow on me....kinda like alternative rock did in the 90's.....thought it really sucked but after a few years of that being about all that was available my standards dropped & now I like it some now.
Image
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster
Posts: 1017
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:20 am

Postby dragons » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:41 pm

i like them all i will admit starscream is bit chunky on the upper half of his body and scorpinock looks great in in insect mode but i expected his claws to look more like claws not finger like claws.
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2969
News Credits: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:41 pm

the bot mode sucks. the scorpion mode looks pretty neat though.
Image
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7522
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 9:32 pm
Location: in the zoo, running it

Postby Roboto750 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:16 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Kayevcee wrote:He transforms into a part of Blackout (hence the dinky Scorponok that comes with him), so the "no step" logos and suchlike are from the outside of the helicopter. Yes, the robot mode is ropey but as a standalone figure without a 2ft Blackout toy to plug into he'd be a bit pointless unless he turned into something more than 'a bit of an engine'. I have heard that there's a gear on Scorpy's back that connects to voyager Blackout's rotor mechanism, but it was a long time ago somebody said it and I've seen no more about it since.

-Nick


Exactly what I thought when comes to the words written on Scorponok.

And, as with most of the comments in thsi thread, Scorpy will be staying alt mode from the moment I get him!
Roboto750
Headmaster
Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:04 am
Location: Marietta, GA USA
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby RogueDeathangel » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:33 pm

most of the movie toys look pretty damned cool, bu they all seem to also have faults, scorpys is his bot mode.
Nonetheless, his scorpion mode makes up for it :)
RogueDeathangel
Minibot
Posts: 164
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:01 am

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:26 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Roboto750 wrote:
Kayevcee wrote:He transforms into a part of Blackout (hence the dinky Scorponok that comes with him), so the "no step" logos and suchlike are from the outside of the helicopter. Yes, the robot mode is ropey but as a standalone figure without a 2ft Blackout toy to plug into he'd be a bit pointless unless he turned into something more than 'a bit of an engine'. I have heard that there's a gear on Scorpy's back that connects to voyager Blackout's rotor mechanism, but it was a long time ago somebody said it and I've seen no more about it since.

-Nick


Exactly what I thought when comes to the words written on Scorponok.

And, as with most of the comments in thsi thread, Scorpy will be staying alt mode from the moment I get him!


So a scorpion somehow got into blackouts cargo hold and scorponok scand both the bug and blackout
Current TF count: 2042

User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4948
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby jgilkinson » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:36 pm

dont even know if im getting that one
User avatar
jgilkinson
Pretender
Posts: 738
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:10 pm

Postby Roboto750 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:04 am

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Megatron_Wolf wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:
Kayevcee wrote:He transforms into a part of Blackout (hence the dinky Scorponok that comes with him), so the "no step" logos and suchlike are from the outside of the helicopter. Yes, the robot mode is ropey but as a standalone figure without a 2ft Blackout toy to plug into he'd be a bit pointless unless he turned into something more than 'a bit of an engine'. I have heard that there's a gear on Scorpy's back that connects to voyager Blackout's rotor mechanism, but it was a long time ago somebody said it and I've seen no more about it since.

-Nick


Exactly what I thought when comes to the words written on Scorponok.

And, as with most of the comments in thsi thread, Scorpy will be staying alt mode from the moment I get him!


So a scorpion somehow got into blackouts cargo hold and scorponok scand both the bug and blackout


I guess it's possible. Though, I have to say that I bet they don't cover Skorponok scanning his new mode in the movie. Either that or Blackout just assigns him one. As pointed out in this thread, it just seems a bit hard to explain, so I bet it's avoided in the film altogether. Just my theory.
Roboto750
Headmaster
Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:04 am
Location: Marietta, GA USA
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Leonardo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:12 am

Roboto750 wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:
Kayevcee wrote:He transforms into a part of Blackout (hence the dinky Scorponok that comes with him), so the "no step" logos and suchlike are from the outside of the helicopter. Yes, the robot mode is ropey but as a standalone figure without a 2ft Blackout toy to plug into he'd be a bit pointless unless he turned into something more than 'a bit of an engine'. I have heard that there's a gear on Scorpy's back that connects to voyager Blackout's rotor mechanism, but it was a long time ago somebody said it and I've seen no more about it since.

-Nick


Exactly what I thought when comes to the words written on Scorponok.

And, as with most of the comments in thsi thread, Scorpy will be staying alt mode from the moment I get him!


So a scorpion somehow got into blackouts cargo hold and scorponok scand both the bug and blackout


I guess it's possible. Though, I have to say that I bet they don't cover Skorponok scanning his new mode in the movie. Either that or Blackout just assigns him one. As pointed out in this thread, it just seems a bit hard to explain, so I bet it's avoided in the film altogether. Just my theory.


I wouldn't doubt that for a second. Trust Hollywood to skip out the science!
Leonardo
Faction Commander
Posts: 4712
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby Exulted Unicron » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:13 am

Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
not a bad figure if I say so myself. I suppose with some repainting here and there, it'd make a good G1 style Scorpy
User avatar
Exulted Unicron
Headmaster
Posts: 1096
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:35 am
Location: United Kingdom
Watch Exulted Unicron on YouTube
Alt Mode: tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:26 pm

Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:2 things,
1 Scorponok is staying in alt mode when I get him.
2 These movie toys seem capable of some dynamic poses, to me that makes up for alot in the way they are designed.
Maybe so, but you take Quazi-moto, make him the best ninja that ever lived, & he's still damn ugly.

....figured it'd be better than the traditional "an articulate piece of sh*t is still a piece of sh*t" line....

Nevertheless, these guys are starting to grow on me....kinda like alternative rock did in the 90's.....thought it really sucked but after a few years of that being about all that was available my standards dropped & now I like it some now.


See, I would be first in line for a Ninja HunchBack Movie.

Still, I agree, I'm not a fan of the overall movie concept. But seeing that those "ugly pieces of sh*t" can bend and balance they way they do gives me hope that future lines will benifit from such progress. So my dollar will go hopefully towards that.

As for ugly bots in my collection, well, every group needs some Bezerkers("My love for you is like a truck... ").

As for Alternative Music, everything about calling top 40 THAT is wrong, and my friend, I'm sorry you got sucked in.

Up The Irons, and WHAM forever!
Image

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5938
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:45 am

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #280 - A Roar That Grasps Victory
Twincast / Podcast #280:
"A Roar That Grasps Victory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Friday, July 16th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Dark Of The Moon 3" SIDESWIPE New IN PACKAGE VERY RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC War for Cybertron Battle Master LOT Siege Netflix Blast Effects" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Siege Autobot S-15 Greenlight instructions and hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Brunt" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime Loose Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Astrotrain Action Figure Decepticon Retro Super7 7FGRzg1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazz Reaction Figure Autobot Retro Collectible Super7 7FGMza1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Wave 2 Shrapnel Decepticon Action Figure Super7 7FIRzm1" on EBAY