This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Mosaic Reboot

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Mosaic Reboot

Postby Richter » Tue May 06, 2008 10:46 pm

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC REBOOT…

Well, sort of.

As the project quickly approaches its first birthday in June, the project team have decided it’s the perfect time to re-asses the project and how it runs.

Since its conception last year, the project has grown well beyond our initial plans / hopes, and now there are over 400 people involved with well over 250 pieces in various stages of construction.

These staggering statistics make it nigh on impossible to keep in touch with every member and keep things on track for all the pieces in production, and many people feeling concerned that their piece has fallen off the radar.

The Megatron Origin-based anniversary project has proven to be very successful, with the creative teams being set in place before work begins on a piece and all follow-up being performed each member of the creative team. This has kept things well on track for each piece. Also, we’ve found that specifying a specific theme/setting has really forced everyone to lift their game so to speak and has produced some simply amazing pieces of work.

Further to the issue, with 6 pieces being released per week (to combat the large backlog), we’re not pleased with the small amount of “air time” that each piece receives, as some do tend to get overlooked.

So what does all that mean?

Well, as of June 2008, we will no longer be accepting any scripts from anyone for regular mosaics and there will no longer be a “script pool” for artists to pick from. All Mosaics currently in production will still continue to be a part of the project and will be released as usual, though our plans are to cut down to releasing one piece per week, on Thursdays.

For any writer / artist / colourist wishing to work on a regular Mosaic, they will be required to organize the full creative team before work can begin. Scripts will need to be submitted to the Transformers Mosaic team for approval. The best way to gather up a creative team would be to send a call out on the IDW forums in the “Transformers Mosaic: Discussion” thread, or any of the other sites where Mosaics are posted.

Once we have been approached by a committed creative team, we will supply them with a (currently in progress) Transformers Mosaic Style Guide. This will be a .ZIP file that will contain a standardized TFM logo, layout templates/guides and lettering fonts.

The Anniversary pieces, which were originally intended to be posted all at once, will now be released 10 at a time, every Monday for 4 weeks, stating 7th of June.

For the whole month of July, Transformers Mosaic will be on holiday, so no Mosaics of any sort will be posted during this time and emails / queries will likely not be handled promptly.

After July, regular Mosaics will continue to be posted one every Thursday and to fill the gap on Mondays left by the Anniversary project, we will be running a similar project, but this one is to be set during the new Transformers Animated cartoon. The one downside we found from the anniversary project was that the theme was too “open” and resulted in more pieces than we had planned for, so we’re limiting the number of characters / pieces to be included in the project.

The following characters are to be included in the project;

DECEPTICONS:
1. Megatron
2. Lugnut
3. Blitzwing [claimed]
4. Starscream [claimed]
5. BlackArachnia
6. Lockdown (yeah, technically he’s not a Con, but…)

AUTOBOTS:
1. Optimus Prime
2. Prowl
3. Bulkhead
4. Ratchet
5. Ultra Magnus
6. Sentinel Prime
7. Jazz
8. Bumblebee

DINOBOTS:
1. Grimlock

HUMANS:
1. Sari Sumdac
2. Isaac Sumdac

The same rules will apply for this project as the Anniversary one, though each person may only be involved in one (1) piece, and each piece may only focus on one (1) character from the above list, though multiple characters may appear in one piece. It will be first come, first choice with character assignments. You cannot claim a character until your creative team is assembled and committed.

When you have a creative team lined up, email us at transformers.mosaic@gmail.com. We will base character dibs on receipt time of emails sent to this address ONLY. We will update the above list for availability as often as possible until all slots are taken. If you miss your first choice, re-submit a message for your next choice and so on.

The Transformers Mosaic team will reserve the right to edit / reject scripts at their discretion.

All scripts, listing FULL creative team must be submitted to Transformers.mosaic@gmail.com by 30th of June, 2007.

Concerned you might miss out on getting involved in this project? Well, we’re planning on making these projects and ongoing process, so there’s always next time. ;) Also keep in mind that you can still submit regular mosaics if your creative team would still like to work on a TFA piece.

We understand that these new processes may seem unfair to some people, but the project is just getting too sprawled out to manage, and we feel this is the best way to keep things moving smoothly.

We look forward to the next phase of Transformers Mosaic! Huge round of applause to everyone who made it the first year so amazing!
Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Re: Transformers Mosaic Reboot

Postby primeoptimus » Wed May 07, 2008 5:25 pm

sweet,tfa mosaics!!!!!!!!!
primeoptimus
Vehicon

Postby Black Bumblebee » Wed May 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Well, guess it sucks for the writers... so much for the "any fan can participate" thingie... ah well, good while it lasted.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby olokin » Wed May 07, 2008 5:51 pm

Some of the latest releases do tend to get overlooked. The quality is already good but I think with their new guidelines, it would go to a new level
olokin
City Commander

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed May 07, 2008 6:15 pm

I was working on something. I liked the whole free range thing.

I apreciate the outlet these guys offer, but why not just start a thread here, call it "One Shots" and submit them under the fan fic forum as Seibertron exclusives.

That is of course if any Seibertron memberes would be intrested in doing something like that.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby ashe5k » Wed May 07, 2008 6:19 pm

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
There went my interest level in working on one. And here I was gearing up to see about getting in on it and now I need to have a writing team and everything before hand? *sighs*
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Duke of Luns » Wed May 07, 2008 8:00 pm

ashe5k wrote:There went my interest level in working on one. And here I was gearing up to see about getting in on it and now I need to have a writing team and everything before hand? *sighs*

Wait, you need a writer? Well, I've written a few. What characters do you like/want to draw? Maybe I've already got an idea for them, or maybe someone else does.

Anyway, I think we should have a thread stickied at the top of the forums dedicated to Mosaicon's seeking scripts/artists.

Oh yeah, my past "published" works:

Transformervania: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/art/Transformervania-73553048

Public Service Announcement: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/art/Public-Service-Announcement-80391225

The Informant: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/art/The-Informant-82117806

Till all are Autobot: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/art/Till-All-Are-Autobot-84487178
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby darkqueen01 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:58 am

I can understand why they need to try to put more organization into this. It sounds like Mosaic has pretty much exploded lately, and I am sure that Mosaics in the future will still be great pieces of work.

Still, it's a shame that they are changing what was so unique about the project. I guess we will soon see if the change is for the better.
The following message brought to you by Skeletor...
darkqueen01
Combiner

Postby ashe5k » Thu May 08, 2008 5:31 am

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
Duke of Luns wrote:
ashe5k wrote:There went my interest level in working on one. And here I was gearing up to see about getting in on it and now I need to have a writing team and everything before hand? *sighs*

Wait, you need a writer? Well, I've written a few. What characters do you like/want to draw? Maybe I've already got an idea for them, or maybe someone else does.

Anyway, I think we should have a thread stickied at the top of the forums dedicated to Mosaicon's seeking scripts/artists.

Oh yeah, my past "published" works:

Transformervania: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/art/Transformervania-73553048

Public Service Announcement: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/art/Public-Service-Announcement-80391225

The Informant: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/art/The-Informant-82117806

Till all are Autobot: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/art/Till-All-Are-Autobot-84487178

Sent you a PM. :)
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Redfox1701 » Thu May 08, 2008 6:40 am

Is there a link to go to an archive of the mosaics? I don't think I ever found it if there is one.
Redfox1701
Mini-Con

Postby Duke of Luns » Thu May 08, 2008 8:15 am

Redfox1701 wrote:Is there a link to go to an archive of the mosaics? I don't think I ever found it if there is one.

Right here on their deviant art page: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/gallery/#Transformers-Mosaic-Pieces

All(and I didn't count, I read this on the IDW forums) 147+ pieces!
Duke of Luns
Gestalt

Postby Cheetron » Thu May 08, 2008 10:03 am

I don't know if I like this.

I may not be a writer or an artist and I am far from creative, but the mosaics of the past were always excellent because of their diversity and total differences in art style. Now By limiting it to only certain people and by forcing those who did it on occasion to go through ridiculous means to get work submitted, this feels like the end of the Mosaics.

It used to be fun to read different peoples perspectives and opinions on Transformers stories, events and characters. Now, by limiting it to what THEY approve of, whether that be which stories are presented or which topic are allowed, it just feels like the end is upon us.

Sorry for being doom and gloom but I've seen this too many times in real life. Things go good and then somebody says it's time to restructure or consildate to makes things more smooth. Sounds good but it fails more often than it helps.
Cheetron
Pretender

Postby Jeysie » Thu May 08, 2008 10:51 am

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
I've been a bit wary about this, too... I know I only got my script published because they knew of potentially interested artists, while I didn't... it makes it harder for occasional contributors and "newbies" to get stuff in, I agree.

For what it's worth, some of the IDW folks started up a "public script pool" to help match up people who don't know other writers/artists or aren't comfy with contacting people out of the blue:

Writers Seeking Artists: http://idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3947

Artists Seeking Writers: http://idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3948

Maybe any Seibertronians who wanted to participate could start a similar thing, or if they read the comics too they could join the IDW boards and post in those. It's not as nice/easy as having just one central spot, but maybe it'll help a little.

(Of course, it'd *really* help if they had a proper website instead of the DeviantArt stopgap, but I imagine that'd be an even bigger project.)
Jeysie
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby First Gen » Thu May 08, 2008 12:23 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
I felt this was important information that needed to get out so I FC&P'd it.

I still got a couple Mosaics floating out there, so you guys are not alone. In the end, though, I think this will work best for the whole Mosaic family.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby WhiteRabbit » Thu May 08, 2008 12:35 pm

Cheetron wrote:I don't know if I like this.

I may not be a writer or an artist and I am far from creative, but the mosaics of the past were always excellent because of their diversity and total differences in art style. Now By limiting it to only certain people and by forcing those who did it on occasion to go through ridiculous means to get work submitted, this feels like the end of the Mosaics.

It used to be fun to read different peoples perspectives and opinions on Transformers stories, events and characters. Now, by limiting it to what THEY approve of, whether that be which stories are presented or which topic are allowed, it just feels like the end is upon us.

Sorry for being doom and gloom but I've seen this too many times in real life. Things go good and then somebody says it's time to restructure or consildate to makes things more smooth. Sounds good but it fails more often than it helps.

Well, the Chicken-Little attitude is nothing I can combat, that's just your outlook-- and that goes for more posters in here than just you.

As for your concerns about edits and approvals, that's just in place in case get a bunch of submissions about Starscream stroking Megatron's "fusion cannon", or scripts that are grammatical nightmares. In the case of the anniversary celebration pieces, there was also a continuity matter to edit around as well.

The editorial presence could also be looked at as a chance of working within a pseudo-professional publishing structure, which people looking at breaking into the business might appreciate some practice with.
WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Postby MisterNewUzer » Thu May 08, 2008 4:13 pm

I totally wanna write a script for Lugnut, who do I talk to or where do I look to try and find the rest of a creative team?

:)
MisterNewUzer
Micromaster

Postby Primus C-00 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:04 am

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
I don't get it. i thought Mosaics were by the fans for the fans?

This just sounds like any freedom of vision or creativity will be stifled by rules, regulations and parameters.

For example I have two Mosaic, if not three, ideas in progress, but, if they don't fit into the current direction and vision I wont be allowed to make them?

That sounds pretty weak especially for a fun fan project. I mean if you were going top pay me then I might consider stifling and funneling my creativity into what suits your purpose/vision...

I-)
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby Primus C-00 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:16 am

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Liege Evilmus wrote:I apreciate the outlet these guys offer, but why not just start a thread here, call it "One Shots" and submit them under the fan fic forum as Seibertron exclusives.

Until Mosaics find out and with their new business mentality sue...

:-B
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr

Postby Primus C-00 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:17 am

At the end of the day I guess I'm morning the loss of 24 years worth of product to play with.

That's not to say I'm ungrateful for Animated. I *LOVE* Animated to the very molten core of my being. Expanding the canon on that baby at least within the parameters for fanfic is a quite awesome proposal of venture.

Plus it's for the kids.

Always for the kids.

I have at least one idea, a tribute to War Dawn in itself, explaining Lugnut's fascination with Megatron.

Or indeed a tale illustrating how Blackarachnia came to cross paths with Megatron?

Gentlemen, our franchise needs us.

Let's focus!

*salutes*

B-)
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr

Postby Jeysie » Fri May 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Primus C-00 wrote:At the end of the day I guess I'm morning the loss of 24 years worth of product to play with.

That's not to say I'm ungrateful for Animated.

Whoa, wait a minute... I think some people are reading the announcement wrong here!

Regular Mosaics are still very much being done, with all continuities open, the difference being that you now need to form a creative team on your own, and they're getting released once a week on Thursdays from now on.

The Animated Project is a new thing they're doing, where they're also going to have "Theme Mondays", releasing Mosaics once a week on that day that have been written/drawn to a specific prompt.

So, the Animated thing is an *additional* project, not *replacing* the normal Mosaic project.
Jeysie
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Primus C-00 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:23 pm

Evidently I lack clarity.

*smashes reading glasses*

Thank you, for providing said clarity.

Much obliged.

:grin:
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr

Postby Jeysie » Fri May 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Primus C-00 wrote:Evidently I lack clarity.

*smashes reading glasses*

Thank you, for providing said clarity.

Much obliged.

:grin:

Glad to help... just don't want people getting upset over things they don't need to be upset about. ;)
Jeysie
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Omega Charge » Fri May 09, 2008 1:57 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
I'm looking foward to it.
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Primus C-00 » Fri May 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Jeysie wrote:Glad to help... just don't want people getting upset over things they don't need to be upset about. ;)

Indeed, just because I'm permanently dazzled and bamboozled doesn't mean legions of others should be also.

:-P
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
OPTIMUS PRIME COMM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan WHIRL Flight-Bot (VTOL jet) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Hasbro"
Rescan WHIRL Fligh ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON